OT: Twilight Zone

More Cowbell

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

There was a thread where we discussed  the twilight zone and our favorite  episodes. Time Enough At Last and To Serve Man seemed to be the favorites.  SyFy channel has a TZ marathon  on right now and Time Enough At Last will be on 7PM and To Serve Man will be on at 8:30 EST tonight. 

Now i know your ild as f 100%. Seriously are you over 60? No biggie but your been cane wavin for a while 

room for one more cutie

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Twilight Zone, outer limits, night gallery.

and my personal favorite Kolchak, night stalker.

These days vampires wearing glitter and are cool.  (BARF!)

We are fortunate to have had many great horror and science fiction series. 

Everything you said, plus some newish stuff like Fringe, which I thought was great. 

There was also a short lived show I used to love on UPN back in the late 90s with Jeffrey Dean Morgan called "The Burning Zone" (not to be confused with @T0mShane's crotch).

BurningZoneTitleCard.jpg.191e594c7fc500c6fa8022bd7986c954.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

There was a thread where we discussed  the twilight zone and our favorite  episodes. Time Enough At Last and To Serve Man seemed to be the favorites.  SyFy channel has a TZ marathon  on right now and Time Enough At Last will be on 7PM and To Serve Man will be on at 8:30 EST tonight. 

I'm 33 years old but have always loved the original Twilight Zone.

My top three off the top of my head

"Monsters on Maple Street"

"A Nice Place to Visit"

"What You Need"

Rod Sterling was a gentleman and a scholar,  along with a genius. He was also born in Syracuse which is where I spent most of my formative years.

@More Cowbell not sure if you still have me on ignore from ages ago when I, in good fun, was messing with you. If not and you can see this message I have some good suggestions for Val Lindt horror films along with some excellent film noir and hard boiled. I may enjoy the baser art form of trolling on the internet but I  enjoy "vintage" film as well, also a big fan of everything from Charles Brockden Brown, to Hemingway, to John Gardner.

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I'm 33 years old but have always loved the original Twilight Zone.

My top three off the top of my head

"Monsters on Maple Street"

"A Nice Place to Visit"

"What You Need"

Rod Sterling was a gentleman and a scholar,  along with a genius. He was also born in Syracuse which is where I spent most of my formative years.

@More Cowbell not sure if you still have me on ignore from ages ago when I, in good fun, was messing with you. If not and you can see this message I have some good suggestions for Val Lindt horror films along with some excellent film noir and hard boiled. I may enjoy the baser art form of trolling on the internet but I  enjoy "vintage" film as well, also a big fan of everything from Charles Brockden Brown, to Hemingway, to John Gardner.

Hey,

All good. Not much of a vintage horror fan though.  TZ, Outer Limits, and Night Gallery were staples of my childhood so those hold a special place. 

• Upvote 1

One of my favorites is ‘Still Valley.” It’s about a Confederate battalion that has a demonic book that has given them tremendous luck so far. At the end of the episode, one of the officers burns it in the fire, convinced it’s the work of the devil. As the episode is ending, Rod says their next stop is a quaint little Pennsylvania town called Gettysburg.

• Upvote 2

I remember one where this guy had never heard of a player on his “favorite” team and he argued like a vile human with another fan regarding the legitimacy of said player starting for this team if a player in front him was injured and then it happened and then he never apologized for his unruly behavior.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I remember one where this guy had never heard of a player on his “favorite” team and he argued like a vile human with another fan regarding the legitimacy of said player starting for this team if a player in front him was injured and then it happened and then he never apologized for his unruly behavior.  

Getting a little giddy with a 2 1/2 game lead I see.?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

A Yard Too Far, a truly classic episode.

• Haha 2