Week 4 @Pittsburgh

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

so you think they're beatable. got it.

I think we had Mitchell at LT and McDermott at RT today after Fant went out, didn't we?

Does it really matter? Niether of those guys can keep Zack upright. Did you see Flacco operating from a clean pocket? Pitt can rush the passer, even without TJ. Even if Fant plays, he basically  sucks now. This OL is going to be a problem probably until week 10 like last season. 

I would love to relax..problem is this team is showing no growth.  Especially on the defensive side of the ball!!  This coach was a D coordinator and our team gives up more than 25 points per game. You can’t win in the NFL like that!

plus our O coordinator won’t run the damn ball.  In San Fran, they had a great running attack..why does MLF go away from it so often?!?

7 hours ago, KMills84 said:

I would love to relax..problem is this team is showing no growth.  Especially on the defensive side of the ball!!  This coach was a D coordinator and our team gives up more than 25 points per game. You can’t win in the NFL like that!

plus our O coordinator won’t run the damn ball.  In San Fran, they had a great running attack..why does MLF go away from it so often?!?

Maddening/ Lafleur has been a disaster this year.  But he did have Joe Flaccid for 3 games so that doesnt help.

Run the damn ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breece hall gets 20 carries in pitt or we riot!

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/teamvsteam?opp=22&ha=H

The Jets are 1-10 at PIttsburgh since 1970 and some of you think this is the team that's going to break that trend? Ok. 

I'm not saying the Jets are going to win but being 1-10 at Pitt since 1970 is completely irrelevant to what happens this week.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/teamvsteam?opp=22&ha=H

The Jets are 1-10 at PIttsburgh since 1970 and some of you think this is the team that's going to break that trend? Ok. 

What do you think it is about the state of Pennsylvania that gives the Jets a tough time? Is it the food? The 1978 team that lost to the Steelers, how does it compare, do you think to the current Jet team?

Or is it magic?

34 minutes ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

This is by far the jets easiest opponent to date.  Bal/Cev and Cincy are legit playoff teams.  Pitt may not know it but they're in a rebuild phase.  Even though they don't think it.

This is amazing. When I first started posting here I was going to be Mickey Shuler's Prostate. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Trubisky is easily the worst QB we’ve faced thus far, but the defense is so bad I don’t think it matters.

Jackson (of course), Brissett (surprisingly) and Burrow have all been able to escape the little pressure that they've faced and made plays. Trubisky will probably as well, he's pretty mobile. It's like the only thing he does well.

32 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

They are catching a break

TJ Watt is on IR

They could still get smoked though because Tomlin usually has his teams at least prepared to play a football game

Sure they can win.   But Pitt can't smoke anybody with that offense.  Now if you can predict TO, ST TD's or big plays and bad calls going against.  Sure they can lose big.   But you can't.

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Jackson (of course), Brissett (surprisingly) and Burrow have all been able to escape the little pressure that they've faced and made plays. Trubisky will probably as well, he's pretty mobile. It's like the only thing he does well.

Yeah. Trubisky's accuracy is dismal, especially downfield, so we'll have a shot to control the game as long as we stay disciplined and tackle well. Translation: they throw nothing but screens and dump-offs and get 70% of their total yardage after the catch. Throw in 2-3 first downs off Trubisky scrambles, and call it a day. 24-10 Steelers.

1 minute ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Pittsburgh is at home with 10 days to prepare and their backs against the wall.

I'd predict them to beat most NFL teams Sunday.

This is a “get right” game for them, similar to what yesterday was for the Bengals

The Jets are either the “get right” or potential “trap” game for every opponent on their schedule 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

Sure they can win.   But Pitt can't smoke anybody with that offense.  Now if you can predict TO, ST TD's or big plays and bad calls going against.  Sure they can lose big.   But you can't.

If Wilson plays, the Steelers D has a decent chance of scoring

Their offense won’t have to do very much to win the game

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah. Trubisky's accuracy is dismal, especially downfield, so we'll have a shot to control the game as long as we stay disciplined and tackle well. Translation: they throw nothing but screens and dump-offs and get 70% of their total yardage after the catch. Throw in 2-3 first downs off Trubisky scrambles, and call it a day. 24-10 Steelers.

It's Brissett all over again without the dominant running game as a complement. 

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Pittsburgh is not that good but they will score at least two tds by our dbs standing around looking at each other and another one on some terrible penalty on the D.

If Watt is still out we might score some points so it shouldn't be a blow out.

I was not a huge fan of Rex at the end of his run, but you give the same defensive talent to Rex and we are a Top 10 defense. Reed and Sauce are completely capable of being man up press corners 70% of the time. Do we like EVER run man under 2 deep? Like ever? Do we ever stunt and rush 5? 

Rushing 4 only works when you have 1 or more elite players like a Watt Bosa type on the DL. We do not have that so it is insanely simple to neutralize our rush. 

I HATE our defensive concept. I want to slap Saleh when he says Cover 3 has won super bowls, look at Seattle, blah blah blah. Did he forget the legion of boom the elite corners including Sherman that played man 80% of the time and took out one side of the ball.

There is one word to describe our coaches: STUBBORN

• Upvote 1