We have Worst coaching staff in the NFL

Jet hustle

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Yes this is all on Saleh IMHO he's the guy who makes the decisions and playing Flacco is inexcusable. The constant breakdowns and broken plays are also on him and his staff and at this stage in year 2 of the program its going to get old fast.

Totally agree. By sticking with Flacco, Saleh basically told his team that he wasn't willing to do EVERYTHING he could to win the game. Also Lefleur told his offense that he isn't willing to protect the QB as he pit McDermott one-on-one with Cincy's best pass rusher with TE near the sideline. Great move douchebag.

• Sympathy 1

I must say this defense is like the worst thing I've ever seen. It's like the only way they can get a stop is if they get a turnover or the other team has an error like a dropped pass. Aside from that every team just seems to move the ball at will since the 2nd half of week 1. I want to know what happened to the pass rush we were supposed to have because we have nothing.

The offense at least has some bright spots and potential. 

49 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Saleh is terrible but people on here hilariously overrate the talent on this roster. The players are bad in so many important areas. 

This goes back to our question of roster cuts and most claimed players. Was the roster that good or did we cut the wrong players? 

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

100%, though, Josh McDaniel's gives Saleh and comp. a run for their money, so we got that going for us. 

This.

He is a mess. There’s a few others across the league in the same tier.

That said, first 3-4 always bad play… plenty of really good teams and QBs playing awful. Look at Rodgers, Russ, and Brady. I don’t think we’ll really know what we have for another 1-2 weeks, but it’s not promising. Hope to be wrong.

• Upvote 1

Offensively I dont really have an issue with LaFleur.  He has a statue at QB and we cant really judge him until ZW is back (although the run-pass numbers should be better if we arent down so much every game).  That being said, its very difficult to understand the defensive line rotation and the lack of adjustments in personnel.

1.  First off, why is Huff continually inactive?  He was a solid edge rusher last year and he would allow JFM to play his correct position on the interior, because he sure isnt making a difference as a DE.  Burrow is really calm in the pocket and can escape pressure, but would it not have been helpful to have a faster DL in the game yesterday to turn some of those escapes into actual sacks?

2.  How many YEARS of ineptitude do we need to see from Nathan Shephard.  What is the coaching staff seeing that would allow him to continue to participate in NFL games?  I have no ideal what Tanzel Smart can or cant do but wouldnt it be worth seeing in a real game since we know with 100% CERTAINITY what Shepard brings (which is nothing)

3.  Find a DT - playing Sheldon Rankins 38 snaps, Solomon Thomas 23 and the aforementioned Shephard 22 is ridiculous and is why Jermain Johnson is only on the field for 20 snaps.  Why trade up for someone and then not play him?  I dont care about "our scheme" you can find a DT who is an actual run stopper to play on run downs, this shouldnt be so difficult. 

4.  The cover zero blitz that allowed the TD was pretty bad and I think we are still waiting for Ulrich to have a call that actually seems to work.  When does the scheme ever seem to generate a big play?  

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This.

He is a mess. There’s a few others across the league in the same tier. That said, first 3-4 always bad play… plenty of really good teams and QBs playing awful. Look at Rodgers, Russ, and Brady. I don’t think we’ll really know what we have for another 1-2 weeks, but it’s not promising. Hope to be wrong.

I would agree if it werent seeing this week after week after week w/ this coaching staff.  While I know they were handicapped last year, it's the same old bull sh*t as last year.  Nothing has changed, there is no adjustment or game to game scheming.  It's just roll out there and run this shell and make plays.  It's terrible.  There are trends here and when you start to really analyze the trends, it screams of incompetence at the highest level.  From the roster handling, to the prep, to the snap counts, to the play calling, to the lack of discipline, to the constant brain farts.  I cant point to a strength on this team, or a unit that on the rise or improving, and that's on coaching.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

People often move the goalposts online but you’ve hidden them. I don’t understand your new position now that I’ve shown Peyton was wildly successful even without Brees.

Wildly successful by using an 8 game window ? Peyton had plenty of good years but just like any other coach in NFL history he is not going to win without a QB . Currently we don't have a proven QB you bring Peyton in here  this year with Joe Flacco starting and Nothing changes . I'm not moving goal posts I'm talking History. Is Payton better than Saleh ? Absolutely !!  I'm just saying don't expect miracles from a coach who had a generational QB playing for him his entire career.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I must say this defense is like the worst thing I've ever seen. It's like the only way they can get a stop is if they get a turnover or the other team has an error like a dropped pass. Aside from that every team just seems to move the ball at will since the 2nd half of week 1. I want to know what happened to the pass rush we were supposed to have because we have nothing.

The offense at least has some bright spots and potential. 

Very promising with a RG, 1 good but a rookie WR, 2 RBs and holes everywhere else….

The offense was a clown car after garret got hurt 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Wildly successful by using an 8 game window ? Peyton had plenty of good years but just like any other coach in NFL history he is not going to win without a QB . Currently we don't have a proven QB you bring Peyton in here  this year with Joe Flacco starting and Nothing changes . I'm not moving goal posts I'm talking History. Is Payton better than Saleh ? Absolutely !!  I'm just saying don't expect miracles from a coach who had a generational QB playing for him his entire career.

Joe Walsh had a .300 winning percentage in the (roughly) 16 games without Montana or Young as QB. Peyton went 8-0 with Taysom ******* hill. Yes, that is wildly successful.

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There's a JetNation rule - Every thread, regardless of topic, has to turn into a Zach Sucks thread.

Anyone saying he sucks is basing that off past performance ...He Sucked. Moving forward and due to the fact he's a very young QB obviously that can change . As of this moment we are un proven at the position. I'm sure everyone hopes Zach turns it around if they don't then they are simply not Jets fans and should go root for another team.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Joe Walsh had a .300 winning percentage without Montana or Young as QB. Peyton went 8-0 with Taysom ******* hill. Yes, that is wildly successful.

I explained they had a loaded roster with pro bowlers at every level. And just so your aware 5 of those 8 wins were with Teddy Bridgewater who is enough of a game manager that he can win games with a good enough roster.  In 2019 Brees went 8-3 Bridgewater went 5-0 HILL had 6 pass attempts so rather than looking at a picture of Brees and Hill  maybe you should have looked up what actually went on. 

EDIT : Some More Perspective the 3 wins for Taysom Hill were vs the 3-7 Atlanta Falcons Twice and the 4-8 Denver Broncos. It was obvious why the better team won or maybe it was the one game Taysom threw for 78 yards that turned the tides 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

I explained they had a loaded roster with pro bowlers at every level. And just so your aware 5 of those 8 wins were with Teddy Bridgewater who is enough of a game manager that he can win games with a good enough roster.  In 2019 Brees went 8-3 Bridgewater went 5-0 HILL had 6 pass attempts so rather than looking at a picture of Brees and Hill  maybe you should have looked up what actually went on. 

So you’re just gonna assume he sucks because his players were good without considering how much influence he had in getting those players? Naw, results are king opinions are garbage.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

So you’re just gonna assume he sucks because his players were good without considering how much influence he had in getting those players? Naw, results are king opinions are garbage.

where on this forum did I ever say Sean Payton Sucks ??? I'm just saying be careful what you wish for this is NOT the Saints and this is not Drew Brees that's all I'm saying.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

where on this forum did I ever say Sean Payton Sucks ??? I'm just saying be careful what you wish for this is NOT the Saints and this is not Drew Brees that's all I'm saying.

Ok then propose an alternative. If you say give Saleh more time I really might use google earth to come to your place of employment and challenge you to a sword duel.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ok then propose an alternative. If you say give Saleh more time I really might use google earth to come to your place of employment and challenge you to a sword duel.

no matter what we think Saleh is at the very least finishing out this year can we agree on that ? Im losing faith fast but this is a QB thing IMHO I could be wrong and Saleh could just outright suck balls

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Well then in that case you would not have known that I'm a samurai 

I didn’t mean weaponz ? 

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

no matter what we think Saleh is at the very least finishing out this year can we agree on that ? Im losing faith fast but this is a QB thing IMHO I could be wrong and Saleh could just outright suck balls

Naw I’d cannon shot him if BYU looks horrible over next few weeks and get an early jump on courting Peyton.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

With an inept offense due to a 37 year old tree playing QB both sides of the ball will suffer. You can't expect a defense to stay fresh when you either can't sustain drives or score TD's. With that being said and probably true for the first 2 games it was not true yesterday. The Defense got beat right off the bat yesterday and the offense stalled on every drive.

This coaching staff is terrible Robert Saleh's positive vibes in the face of terrible play will get old just like Rex Ryan's bravado did 10 years ago. 

The biggest mistake was playing Joe Flacco over Mike White. Even if you don't think Mike White can be the guy he runs this offense way better than Flacco and its not even close. Yesterday I actually saw Flacco already in shotgun position refer to his arm band which means he didn't even know the ******* play he called in the huddle. He is slow, He has zero awareness in the pocket and constantly air mails balls on third down. That 40 yard throw on 4th and 5 was so stupid with guys open underneath it was beyond belief, that's something you do with a lead not when you really need a score to have some chance in the game.

Lets all give Flacco credit for a 1:55 minute revelation that may never happen again since the Browns were sleepwalking through that last 2 minutes. That portion of the game was all on the Browns not great play by a washed up QB basically playing catch because the Browns thought they had the game won.

Yes this is all on Saleh IMHO he's the guy who makes the decisions and playing Flacco is inexcusable. The constant breakdowns and broken plays are also on him and his staff and at this stage in year 2 of the program its going to get old fast.

They have a kid who lit up the offense in the PS. Not saying he is/was guaranteed to lead us to wins, but it could have to had been possibly better than this. At least he could avoid the pass rush that seems to be on us every play of every game.

our coach is terrible and that is on the guy that picked him as our coach

his best coaching move was having Joe through the ball out of bounds several times lol

funny a substantial portion of this board hates Rex when Rex was a god compared to our current coach and gave us a few years of hope and enjoyment

our current coach some how managed to make Adam Gase look good-I mean Gase won 7 games with MUCH WORSE talent on the field

If Rex was coaching our D , he get them to play MUCH better

Tell Saleh he is going to need a to buy an awful big house for those receipts he is collecting  

• Upvote 2

If anyone has any question on coaching, see the Jags. They look like a completely different animal with a legitimate HC and staff, unlike the JJJV here. You could have Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers or whomever else you want as our QB, we would still be geting abused every which way possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I see People calling for Sean Payton and I would caution on that because its pretty obvious to me Payton's success was due to Drew Brees not by any great coaching by Peyton.  

No doubt that Brees was a huge part of Payton's success, BUT, I give Payton some of the credit for that too. He took a gamble on Brees when just about anyone could have gotten him. Brees was considered at one point enough of a bust to draft Rivers, then had a major shoulder injury. Payton at a min understood you needed a big time QB, and he got one. Most of our coaches to date have no clue of how to identify nor develop a QB. I would at least have faith in Payton that he knows how to select and work with QB's. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Right now I can’t argue .  I give LeFluer a little of a break because a lot of his OL is injured or playing out of position,  he has a 37 year old backup playing who literally can’t move.  Now that doesn’t excuse his play calling but it makes it difficult.  Plus I give him credit for admitting he was basically an idiot for not playing GW much in the first game and correcting that.  However the defensive coaching had been atrocious. They are pretty much fully healthy and have talent to work with.  There is no reason they are having this much trouble getting pressure, making dumb penalties, bad tackling, etc.  that’s completely on Saleh and Ulbrich 

Lafleur at least shows some semblance of adjusting and competency.....Saleh and Ulbrich have been a complete trainwreck....Lafleur can stay in some capacity with the next staff in 2 years 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Oh My God Omg GIF

That moment when you realize that you don’t have any special capability to influence the outcomes of sporting events no matter how badly you “want it.”

We are witnessing a child shed the husk of nativité and become a man.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I would agree if it werent seeing this week after week after week w/ this coaching staff.  While I know they were handicapped last year, it's the same old bull sh*t as last year.  Nothing has changed, there is no adjustment or game to game scheming.  It's just roll out there and run this shell and make plays.  It's terrible.  There are trends here and when you start to really analyze the trends, it screams of incompetence at the highest level.  From the roster handling, to the prep, to the snap counts, to the play calling, to the lack of discipline, to the constant brain farts.  I cant point to a strength on this team, or a unit that on the rise or improving, and that's on coaching.

No disagreement. Honestly, just trying to be optimistic. Just isn’t there.

• Haha 1