The Jets Need A Bill Parcells Level Change

neckdemon

20 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

not sure if youi noticed Joe D in charge bringing building the roster correctly fixing among other things, the front office structure and scouting...nothing Joe has done has been inept. some people can just never be happy SOJF

sir you need to come back down to reality

• Upvote 1

Roster still has its problems, but it has been dramatically upgraded. Rookie HC have a tough time as they are normally only given a chance to terrible teams. I think the culture may be changing, but that may not be enough. I wouldn't expect a 'great' coach to swoop in and save the day. It is also hard to find said coach. Is BB a great coach? Most would say yes, but how does he look now that he doesn't have Brady and his OC? Bowles was a terrible coach, but he might just get into the SB now that he has Brady - that would put BB in a bad place as Brady has won a SB without him, and BB has been crap without Brady.

Sadly, the only real chance for the Jets to be any good over the next few years, IMO, is patience and hope that Saleh can learn from his mistakes and ZW will be become a better than average QB. A burn it down and start over will be the likely outcome of a major regime change.

On 9/27/2022 at 6:50 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

not sure if youi noticed Joe D in charge bringing building the roster correctly fixing among other things, the front office structure and scouting...nothing Joe has done has been inept. some people can just never be happy SOJF

and what is there to show for all this "culture changing" or whatever its called besides a bad football team who still gets whacked every sunday

I literally cannot disagree more.  Most of the time these big money douchebags roll in and just cash paychecks while ******* around.  The only real help is that they usually have the players attention.  I don't see that as the problem with this group now.  Did Parcells even really "work" here?  He had a Rex level couple of years, sh*t the bed with Mirer and then ran out before he could taint his legacy. 1998 looked magical, but what are the odds of getting another Testicles level QB performance?  The going got tough and his vaunted D and no turnovers offense sh*t the bed and handed Denver the Super Bowl.  He hasn't won a playoff game since.  Do you want another established guy like Jon Gruden?  I heard we should have thrown bank at him for years.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I literally cannot disagree more.  Most of the time these big money douchebags roll in and just cash paychecks while ******* around.  The only real help is that they usually have the players attention.  I don't see that as the problem with this group now.  Did Parcells even really "work" here?  He had a Rex level couple of years, sh*t the bed with Mirer and then ran out before he could taint his legacy. 1998 looked magical, but what are the odds of getting another Testicles level QB performance?  The going got tough and his vaunted D and no turnovers offense sh*t the bed and handed Denver the Super Bowl.  He hasn't won a playoff game since.  Do you want another established guy like Jon Gruden?  I heard we should have thrown bank at him for years.

E13819C6-9362-4461-A6A5-2E4DC9708C1C.png

• Haha 2

On 9/27/2022 at 7:55 PM, jgb said:

OP is correct, this is what we need. Many others in the thread are also correct, there's little chance any guys who fit the bill are coming here. The only reason we got Parcells was because he needed a platform to stick it to Robert Kraft within the AFC-E.

The highest paid HC is estimated (many not public) to be McVay around $15M/year. Payton will 100% break the record and be $20M+.

Woody's only shot is to fire Saleh mid-season and get an early jump on Payton before anyone else and offer him some obscene amount like $30M for 5 years fully guaranteed. And give him whatever control he wants.

Heard a solid take on a podcast about the theoretical value of a coach like Payton. Guy adds wins, won't get hurt, and whatever you pay him doesn't count against the salary cap. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah let's not go after a guy like Sean Payton and keep going with the hot young Coordinator route.  Has worked swell.  

• Haha 3

Yes we need Parcells, the most stubborn coach in Jets history.
A coach who’s stubbornness cost us 2 playoff births in the 3 years he was here. I would rather have
players screw things up rather than an egomaniac as a coach who hasn’t won poop without Belichek behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 9/28/2022 at 11:51 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

For 11 games Favre gave us the best QB play this franchise has seen, arguably, since Namath.  Even '02 Pennington, '98 Testaverde and 2015 Fitzpatrick weren't as good as Favre was in that stretch.  

Beggars can't be choosers.  If Rodgers is an option....

smokey robinson james GIF

I'm just seeing this now, and what? It was absolutely exciting getting a big name QB here, made that much more so after the '07 season QB woes, but I think that's getting overrated a bit.

It was barely an every other game occurrence for Favre to throw more TDs than INTs. Most of the first 11 games that year also occurred with at least one Favre fumble. 

It was fun because we were winning, but right from that first toss to Stuckey, all he did was throw it up in the air & hope it landed in a Jets receiver's hands - hence the picks - while the game's premiere pass-blocking OL bought him all the time he needed. Most of those opponents weren't exactly the who's who of pass defenses either.

Even I'd have to grudgingly admit Pennington's '02 season was noticeably better. Even more so if we grade the noodle on the same curve  you're affording Favre: cherry-picking Noodle's only his best 11-12 game stretch after getting his sea legs under him vs KC through that first playoff game vs the Colts.

Do that, and further qualify it with the knowledge that the team hadn't scored 14 points combined over the prior 3 games before his first start, and the comparison isn't particularly close.