Game Observations (DEN)

KRL

obviously there are good and bad points to every game.  others have covered them.  the main (and really the only) thing is the W in the win column.  was it pretty?  that depends on what one's definition is.  i guess we all want to see those 45-0 games but those aren't always pretty games either.  i'm liking that they were spanked by denver last year and rypien beat them in 2020.  nice to get some revenge.

the patsie game is going to be pretty big.  division game with some key players lost to injury.  we'll see if players step up.  now's the time for moore to put on a show.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the writeup KRL probably the  best thread to have a normal conversation on the game.  

The one day I was in camp this summer Bam flashed to my eyes, and he looked good in preseason games I hope he gets a shot.

This is Zach’s team now and the training wheels are now off, we will see what we have by the end of the season.

46 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Duane Brown touches no one, What Laken did is inexcusable but Duane whiffed.

Duane had a really bad day from what I noticed. He had 3 false starts (I think) and missed a lot of defenders. Hoping for a bounce-back day against NE

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I would add that while Mims got called for a penalty, he also threw a fantastic block to break Breece loose for a TD. G.Wilson, in comparison, had a terrible, blatant holding penalty that brought back a big run (or maybe screen?) play. No hate on G. Wilson, I just think we are so ready to criticize Mims its a bit ridiculous. Dude barely gets to play, you could imagine him making one mistake. lol. 

Hope he gets some more opportunities next week.  

So do I.  We need to turn over every stone to find offensive production right now.  Mims might be the fat juicy worm under one of those stones.

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Duane had a really bad day from what I noticed. He had 3 false starts (I think) and missed a lot of defenders. Hoping for a bounce-back day against NE

Almost forgot about those. On at least one or two Jets false starts the Denver defenders jump towards the LOS causing the Jets to move. I'm yelling it's a free play why blow the whistle , well of course they call them on the Jets . 

Some interesting stats about the Jets after Week 7:

• The Jets defense ranks sixth in the NFL with 4.9 yards allowed per play. 
  • Opponents are 3-of-11 on fourth down conversions against the Jets: the second-lowest rate in the NFL. Opponents are 2-of-7 on fourth downs against the Jets in their last two games, with the Broncos failing on a pair of conversions in the fourth quarter of a one-score game.
  • The Jets start their average drive on the 30.6-yard line, the third-best starting field position in the NFL. Solid special teams (12.9 yards per punt return; 5.7 yards per return allowed) and eight interceptions are the primary reasons. 
  • The Jets have the worst net penalty yardage differential in the league by far at -196 yards. 

Seriously impressive defensively and on ST.

Discipline is a huge problem but also shows that some of our gripes about refs may have some legitimacy as that's an absurd differential. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, KRL said:

QB

- The best things to say about Zach Wilson is he's 4-0 since coming back, he didn't turn the ball
over and he was able to escape pressure.  Other than that going 16/26 for 121 yards isn't good and
he MUST SHOW better awareness when escaping the pocket.  He was lucky he didn't give up a "scoop &
score" on that STUPID double "spin-a-rama".  Other than the 4th quarter of the PIT game we have not
seen much out of Wilson in terms of flashing "franchise QB" ability.  I understand the MIA, GB and
DEN games focused on the ground game and the NE & BUF games won't be easy.  But I'm definitely
looking for that "franchise QB" ability to appear and remain before his second season is over. 

Yup, he's playing himself into competition for the spot at a minimum. He isn't progressing to this point. The position is hard enough without making easy throws look hard consistently as he does. He also needs to learn to extend the play to throw the ball away, or take an immediate sack as sometimes a play isn't going to develop.  Having said that, the OC boy wonder isn't impressing me at all either. We've seen ZW struggle with the short game and do far better throwing down field so why not start throwing downfield more which would have also loosened it up for the run game. I don't see why you run a game plan your QB struggles with.

• Upvote 1

With AVT out I went back and re-watched the DEN game to check out Cedric
Ogbuehi.  With the naked eye and without knowing assignments he wasn't bad.
He had one bad pass blocking rep but he held up well after that.  On most
reps he had a TE on his shoulder for assistance

5 hours ago, KRL said:

After looking at Bam Knight's size he may be brought up from the practice squad by Douglas/Saleh:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bam-knight/32004b4e-4976-4772-52fc-5e9b627ab7bb

I thought he was more of a Darren Sproles type in terms of size, I was wrong

Took this during the preseason.

guy is built like a piece of granite or for us old timers - a brick sh-t house

71656C97-9EDA-4536-B2AD-0C27E579FC07.jpeg

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

I would add that while Mims got called for a penalty, he also threw a fantastic block to break Breece loose for a TD. G.Wilson, in comparison, had a terrible, blatant holding penalty that brought back a big run (or maybe screen?) play. No hate on G. Wilson, I just think we are so ready to criticize Mims its a bit ridiculous. Dude barely gets to play, you could imagine him making one mistake. lol. 

Hope he gets some more opportunities next week.  

#TeamMimsy

#MimsyStrong