Crazy stat for Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore

jetstream23

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

If you took all of the defenses Zach faced .. added up their rankings ... That sum total may reach the ranking of defense the bears fielded last week. They had literally zero defensive back end. But keep erecting that statue.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Take.  The.  L.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

He wasn't. He was selfish and focused on his own stats. The fact that Zach sinks doesn't change that

I’m saying he was right to point out Zach as the problem without saying the quiet part out loud. 

He blamed the coaching staff but we all know who he really was pissed at.  He was being sent out there to run cardio every game with Zach.  

Demanding a change of scenery was more than acceptable:  Everyone else was getting held accountable for performance on this team except the golden boy QB.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

He wasn't. He was selfish and focused on his own stats. The fact that Zach sinks doesn't change that

Disagree. This is how it was packaged by the media.

From Saleh’s remarks… He was actually frustrated to not be contributing - it wasn’t about stats, it was about not being part of a viable passing game. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

In hindsight, I'm glad he did what he did.  Same for Garrett Wilson's tirade after the Pats debacle.

The team should come first.  Winning should come first. 

Not the usual endless "seeing what we got" in some bust draft pick who is killing the Offense.

With Zach as the #1, the org. was clearly putting ZACH first, in a misguided sunk cost fallacy error.

Damn right he should have been benched, and he should have been benched sooner.  It's obvious the O works better with anyone OTHER than Zach. 

The WR's were right, the leadership of the Org. was wrong.

blind faith wilson would get better which clearly backfired.  the most glaring failure is in the fundamentals, the footwork, and the decision making.  

3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Only hope is ZW can sit learn and come somewhat serviceable in the future. He’s an utter disaster at this point. I think the biggest disappointment is he is not well liked in the locker room( not saying he is dis liked but he’s definitely not loved) and that is something that is attainable even with his sub par play. 

From year to year you never know what you’re gonna get in football, our defense next year might not be as good as it has shown these past few months. Who knows. Like it or not but it’s all on Mike White now 

that comment killed any goodwill he had in the locker room

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In hindsight, I'm glad he did what he did.  Same for Garrett Wilson's tirade after the Pats debacle.

The team should come first.  Winning should come first. 

Not the usual endless "seeing what we got" in some bust draft pick who is killing the Offense.

With Zach as the #1, the org. was clearly putting ZACH first, in a misguided sunk cost fallacy error.

Damn right he should have been benched, and he should have been benched sooner.  It's obvious the O works better with anyone OTHER than Zach. 

The WR's were right, the leadership of the Org. was wrong.

when would you have benched him?

think the first time should have been 2h of the second pats game.

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

when would you have benched him?

think the first time should have been 2h of the second pats game.

He's never earned the starting job.  I never would have started him till he did.  And he never would have, IMO.

With that said, I agree, the most clear cut case in 2022 was the 2nd half of that Pats game.  

One could also argue he should have been sat down right after his third INT vs. the Pats the first time this year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He's never earned the starting job.  I never would have started him till he did.  And he never would have, IMO.

With that said, I agree, the most clear cut case in 2022 was the 2nd half of that Pats game.  

One could also argue he should have been sat down right after his third INT vs. the Pats the first time this year.

i think the players have wanted a change for a while, mostly b/c they know white is better and earned the right to start.  there's many guys on teams who went undrafted or bounced around practice squads and they really have no tolerance for a guy like wilson being handed the job and then sucking.  if wilson were good, that's another story, he was the 2nd pick and that's part of the sport.  and if they had nobody else to play, again, that's another story.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So Douglas has to choose between 1. prioritizing the development of Zach Wilson or 2. Watching every one of his other draft picks get the chance to thrive. He cannot have both.

Also, side note, and not to hold grudges or pat myself on the back, but a hearty “**** you” to everyone who came at me for pointing this out for the past year and a half. 

Cameron Smith GIF by Camjaysmith

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Disagree.

Sometimes you’ve got to stick your neck out for the greater good. I truly don’t believe it was just himself he was looking out for - I think he was using himself as an example (to avoid implicating colleagues) to illustrate a broader point.

Either way. His tactics may be debatable, but not the prevailing point if it all.

So in your opinion Moore reacted better than the rest of the team who chose to not lash out/demand to be traded?

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Disagree.

Sometimes you’ve got to stick your neck out for the greater good. I truly don’t believe it was just himself he was looking out for - I think he was using himself as an example (to avoid implicating colleagues) to illustrate a broader point.

Either way. His tactics may be debatable, but not the prevailing point if it all.

It’s unfortunate but this is how society is at this point everyone shares every emotion, thought or feeling.  Some stuff has to stay in house. 
His feeling are not wrong, there were ways to go about it that it didn’t have to go where it did and especially at the time it did. 
But to each there own, what I think is wrong is ok in another persons mind and vice versa

26 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

that comment killed any goodwill he had in the locker room

I dunno, I don’t really think it did, it definitely didn’t help. I just don’t think he was a popular guy in the locker room and his sh*tty play didn’t help.  Not that he was disliked but for most guys he was ehhh whatever, then the comment guys got pissed, apology AND him being benched there over it. 
Mike White OTOH I feel like even if ends up turning back into a pumpkin, most of the team genuinely like, don’t think it would change there opinion on him personally 

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

perhaps the first Pats game.

by all accounts MW was terrible in camp.  not sure if that was fake news or not.

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

perhaps the first Pats game.

by all accounts MW was terrible in camp.  not sure if that was fake news or not.

Impossible to know the agendas of the various media/leakers that reported that.

At that moment, I could see the Team PR being focused on "Zach is the man, there are no others".

Clearly early on, the Org. still favored Flacco.....I will never understand why, but it is what it is.  

So perhaps he did suck in camp, then raise his play in practice as the year would on?

Or....the Org. finally realized Flacco was not worth playing, and with Zach playing poorly White was all that was left.

No question, the Org. seems less sold on even playing White than White's results on the field would seem to indicate.

I can only presume it's the same as for some fans, RAS scores, lack of elite physical traits, all the non-game-stats stuff that people buy into as required for NFL success.

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

If you took all of the defenses Zach faced .. added up their rankings ... That sum total may reach the ranking of defense the bears fielded last week. They had literally zero defensive back end. But keep erecting that statue.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

I was holding out hope that the kid would eventually turn things around, but I just don’t see it.

At this point, for Zach to even become a consistent, middle of the pack starter would require a turnaround that completely dwarfs Josh Allen’s rise to becoming a legitimate star.

Hopefully White shows that he can be the guy moving forward.

If not, then do what it takes to land a guy like Carr or Garoppolo in the offseason.

To hell with drafting another QB. This team is built to win right now and I have no interest in dicking around and wasting the prime years of guys like Sauce, Quinnen, G. Wilson, Breece, etc all in the hopes of some young QB maybe panning out.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Impossible to know the agendas of the various media/leakers that reported that.

At that moment, I could see the Team PR being focused on "Zach is the man, there are no others".

Clearly early on, the Org. still favored Flacco.....I will never understand why, but it is what it is.  

So perhaps he did suck in camp, then raise his play in practice as the year would on?

Or....the Org. finally realized Flacco was not worth playing, and with Zach playing poorly White was all that was left.

No question, the Org. seems less sold on even playing White than White's results on the field would seem to indicate.

I can only presume it's the same as for some fans, RAS scores, lack of elite physical traits, all the non-game-stats stuff that people buy into as required for NFL success.

Having Flacco ahead of MyQuite after the Bengals game last year never made any sense and a bunch of us harped on that all offseason. The evidence suggests your are right - the coaching staff does not like MyQuite as much as the fans do. I just hope he gets a legitimately fair shot. He should get more than one opportunity to rebound from a bad game. He has shown far more potential in 4 starts than Zach has in 20 starts. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Are you saying ZW would have produced the same results White produced had he not been benched? If you are then just say it. If you arent then your comments serve no purpose. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think they’re skeptical because of his Bills game where he threw 4 INTs in 24 pass attempts. 
He had very contrasting games last season and so the CS doesn’t know what they’re getting each game even after a great game. 
That said, there isn’t anybody else on the roster who can put together a great game to begin with, so it’s still puzzling why the don’t have more confidence.

Are you saying ZW would have produced the same results White produced had he not been benched? If you are then just say it. If you arent then your comments serve no purpose. 
No what I am saying is that I want to see Mike White play against a formidable defense before I build my shrine...

2 of Mike White's 4 starts are better than all 20 of Zach's starts. 
Your argument would be better if they were comparable. Right now, they aren't. Mike White seems to know how to play the position at an NFL level. That doesn't mean he's going to be a star, but he's capable of playing well in this offense and clearly gives us a better chance to win right now that Zach Wilson. 
He might .. he might not ... Need to see him play an average defense before I get excited.

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

More importantly, I have forgiven you and everyone else for the impetuous, judgemental nonsense takes you all had when Elijah and Ape were right all along.

You can keep your worthless sentiment. How you act is often more important than being right. The Jets were winning, and he decided to make a public scene for his own gain. That ZW isn't ready for the field doesn't make EM's behavior any less twat'ish...

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I was holding out hope that the kid would eventually turn things around, but I just don’t see it.

At this point, for Zach to even become a consistent, middle of the pack starter would require a turnaround that completely dwarfs Josh Allen’s rise to becoming a legitimate star.

Hopefully White shows that he can be the guy moving forward.

If not, then do what it takes to land a guy like Carr or Garoppolo in the offseason.

To hell with drafting another QB. This team is built to win right now and I have no interest in dicking around and wasting the prime years of guys like Sauce, Quinnen, G. Wilson, Breece, etc all in the hopes of some young QB maybe panning out.

Perfectly stated. 

3 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

You can keep your worthless sentiment. How you act is often more important than being right. The Jets were winning, and he decided to make a public scene for his own gain. That ZW isn't ready for the field doesn't make EM's behavior any less twat'ish...

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield