<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

He had many many opportunity to win this game and he never did it.  

how was his stats this game against a ok defense.  Not a great defense just a ok one?

he will get killed next week against Buffalo. 

He, literally, threw a ball that should have been the game winning touchdown.

As for his stats, he should have had a passing TD, rushing TD, high yardage, good completion percentage, good YPA/YPC, and 1 pick, that his own WR caused.

Serious question; are you sure you actually watched the Jets Vikings game from today and not a re-run of the one from 2018?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure, but then it was a bad decision to throw that pass.  if it would be blocked if you threw the pass accurately, then don't throw it.

That's not how NFL football works. Windows are small. You take what's there.

Berrios needs to make that catch. It's a routine play.

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He's a troll

I have been a poster here for years and years.  So troll your ass

i can see that Zach sucked but also White is not an NFL QB, every team had there chance to sign him and no one did. That don’t tell you anything?   

let’s see how he does against the Bills in the road next week. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DoubleDown said:

That's not how NFL football works. Windows are small. You take what's there.

Berrios needs to make that catch. It's a routine play.

But it wasn't there.  That's what I was just told.  If you throw the ball to the proper place it would get blocked.  It was either a bad throw or a bad choice.  Either way the ball was behind the receiver on a 5 yard throw.

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think you misinterpreted.  I’m not campaigning for ZW to start.  All I’m saying is that the White vs ZW bullsh*t needs to stop.  No matter who starts BOTH should be supported and neither deserves to get bashed constantly 

No.  I understood and understand entirely.  I directed that post to anyone guilty of doing what I have seen them doing on this forum.

Zach earned his bashing and benching.  White was a bright spot today let down by Berrios, Corey Davis early on, Conklin, and his play caller.  He was, like, problem number 99 on the list of 100 things that went wrong today.  Wilson can’t say that in just about most, if not all, of his starts.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I mean, I'm happy with Mike White..

but I have to like everything he does?  It's not okay to call out his mistakes?  He had a good 2nd half, but couldn't close.

He'll learn from this I hope - and will make better choices next time.

No but you’re takes and obvious narrative is ridiculous, and nonsensical.  The ball was in his hands, to ask for a no effort catch zero room for error through that window in that situation is absurd and unreasonable and obnoxious.  Berrios dropped the go ahead TD.  He said it himself 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But it wasn't there.  That's what I was just told.  If you throw the ball to the proper place it would get blocked.  It was either a bad throw or a bad choice.  Either way the ball was behind the receiver on a 5 yard throw.

Agree that it wasn’t a perfect pass but was a catchable pass. The little guys in the pats always made that catch. 

• Upvote 2

Take a walk 

3 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

i can see that Zach sucked but also White is not an NFL QB, every team had there chance to sign him and no one did. That don’t tell you anything?   

troll GIF

Just now, Mogglez said:

No.  I understand entirely, and directed that post to anyone guilty doing what I have seen them doing.

Zach earned his bashing and benching.  White was a bright spot today let down by Berrios, Corey Davis early on, Conklin, and his play caller.  He was, like, problem number 99 on the list of 100 things that went wrong today.

I respect your passion but I think you’re still misinterpreting.  I don’t see many blaming White quite the opposite actually.  95% blame Berrios or ML.  As for ZW I think most agree he needed to sit and watch after the Pats and press conference .  I just think some are going overboard attacking the kid and kicking him while he’s down

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The back shoulder was the proper place given the situation. That's the point.

NFL receivers are expected to make that catch. If you can't catch a ball that isn't 100% in the perfect spot for you, then you don't belong in the league.

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, I don't want to hear any bullsh*t about Mike f**king White after yet another 300+ yard game.  That 4th & 10 throw alone solidifies him as the starter for at least the remainder of this season.  

The one where the Jets receiver was covered by two defenders?

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He, literally, threw a ball that should have been the game winning touchdown.

As for his stats, he should have had a passing TD, rushing TD, high yardage, good completion percentage, good YPA/YPC, and 1 pick, that his own WR caused.

Serious question; are you sure you actually watched the Jets Vikings game from today and not a re-run of the one from 2018?

31-57 368 0td.   2 picks

do you think that’s a good game?

do you think that’s a great QB?

Keep in mind I am not comparing to what Zach has done.   

I am comparing to other NFL QBs

• More Ugh 1

Just now, DoubleDown said:

The back shoulder was the proper place. That's the point.

NFL receivers are expected to make that catch. If you can't catch a ball that isn't 100% in the most catchable place for you, then you don't belong in the league.

100% this.  NFL WRs need to be able to catch passes not thrown to the exact perfect spot.  Of course, there's a limit to what you can ask of a WR too.  The long pass down the right sideline to GW was just outside of the range.  The pass to Berrios was catchable though.

ZW's throws tend to be outside of that range a lot more often.  

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

No but you’re takes and obvious narrative is ridiculous, and nonsensical.  The ball was in his hands, to ask for a no effort catch zero room for error through that window in that situation is absurd and unreasonable and obnoxious.  Berrios dropped the go ahead TD.  He said it himself 

Berrios is a stand up guy.  He's not going to put the blame on his QB. 

No narrative, it was a bad throw.  As I said, it's okay he made a bad throw.  There were plenty of opportunities to win this game and plenty of blame to go around - it's not all on Mike White.

It's like around here I you say ANYTHING bad about Mike White your ridiculous and nonsensical.  Mike White had a nice second half, but made some mistakes too.  He wasn't perfect.  

5 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

Agree that it wasn’t a perfect pass but was a catchable pass. The little guys in the pats always made that catch. 

Agreed. It was definitely a ball that could have been caught.  But you would like to think your QB could put the ball not on the back shoulder of the WR on a 5 yard pass.  Mike White's been pretty good on throwing accurate short balls...he just missed one - not the end of the world.  But pretending it was a perfect pass is just not right.

11 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

You would look better if you were a troll.  Your MW take is clownish. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No narrative, it was a bad throw.  As I said, it's okay he made a bad throw.  There were plenty of opportunities to win this game and plenty of blame to go around - it's not all on Mike White.

It's like around here I you say ANYTHING bad about Mike White your ridiculous and nonsensical.  Mike White had a nice second half, but made some mistakes too.  He wasn't perfect.  

Fine, I'll agree to disagree while thinking your head is straight up your ass on this one.

But acting like you dont have a clear narrative is quite frankly insulting, we're not stupid. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Mogglez said:

There is, as we speak, currently one poster arguing that Mike White sucks, lost this game, and is not an NFL QB.  There are others blaming his throw to Berrios for a drop.  There is a thread, that got moved, saying that he sucks and this is what he looks like against “a real team.”

As for Zach and his feelings?  This is NFL football.  It’s not freshman football in high school.  I don’t really think about Zach’s feelings.  They are secondary to whether or not he can play in this league, and so far he has shown that he can’t, and he is getting paid millions of dollars to do so.  I’m not weeping for Wilson.  If Saleh wants to lose the team and locker room, he can do what he wishes.  For the sake of every player and coach on this team, I hope he realizes what everyone else has.

So there is one poster?  Ok I don’t agree with them but I don’t see that one poster as a reason to get yourself crazy ? 

Good Lord. It wasn't a bad throw. He had to throw it there to evade defenders arms. That pass was very catchable. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

31-57 368 0td.   2 picks

do you think that’s a good game?

do you think that’s a great QB?

Keep in mind I am not comparing to what Zach has done.   

I am comparing to other NFL QBs

1. He had a rushing TD, our only touchdown in the whole game.

2. The second pick doesn’t happen if Berrios doesn’t drop the touchdown prior, so I’m going to say it to you for the 3rd time: if we’re using our brains and adding context, yes, I think Mike White had a good game against a great team.

• Upvote 4

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Mike White has thrown for 300+ yards and Jets offense has gained more than 450 yards the last 2 games. I guess that's better than 70 yards passing and 2 yards of offense in the 2nd half against NE. Just saying. 

I don't know.  Zach threw for 355 yards in the first Pats loss.  

Let me be clear...Mike White should be the starter - and should continue to be the rest of the way out.  Zach should remain inactive...but the goal is to win.  Not put up a lot of yards.  So far Mike White is 1-1, not a bad start at all.  

This was a 9-2 in their home - no reason to panic at all.  Mike White will be fine.