<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Mike White has thrown for 300+ yards and Jets offense has gained more than 450 yards the last 2 games. I guess that's better than 70 yards passing and 2 yards of offense in the 2nd half against NE. Just saying. 

The jets players probably knew this for a while and are so happy, esp. the wrs.  It’s a pleasure to watch jet games now, even against good opponents on the road like today, and know we have a chance, that we’re not going to go 3 and out 7 times, and that we’re going to score.  It’s been way too long.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

So there is one poster?  Ok I don’t agree with them but I don’t see that one poster as a reason to get yourself crazy ? 

I could directly name 4-5 posters, but I’m not tagging them because it is frowned upon.

• Sympathy 1

I mean I think it’s pretty childish like I said for both sides.  

I’ve already outlined why those 4-5 fist pumpers for Wilson are, objectively, wrong and shouldn’t be doing what they’re doing, but if you want to continue with the “both sides” argument, be my guest.  I’ve made my point very clear.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve already outlined why those 4-5 fist pumpers for Wilson are, objectively, wrong and shouldn’t be doing what they’re doing, but if you want to continue with the “both sides” argument, be my guest.  I’ve made my point very clear.

Well it’s true.  I could name 30 posters that do it on it other side.  I agree with you that it’s wrong  but saying it’s just one side doing it is just ******* ridiculous ?.  Anyway have a good evening 

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's like around here I you say ANYTHING bad about Mike White your ridiculous and nonsensical.  

You don’t get to say this.  Not when anyone who spoke negatively about Wilson….a QB who actually sucked and his lack of productivity proved it….had psychosis according to you.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Fine, I'll agree to disagree while thinking your head is straight up your ass on this one.

But acting like you dont have a clear narrative is quite frankly insulting, we're not stupid. 

Are you suggesting I'm purposely putting down Mike White?

Why would I do that?

Because the way Zach Wilson was treated around here - where every mistake was massively over reacted too and every positive was immediately pushed off? And now you think I'm doing that to show how ridiculous that was?

Or do you really think I have some anti Mike White agenda, like I don't want to see him do well.  

I love the Jets and want to see them win ALWAYS - I don't care who the QB is.  

As I said, I think Mike White should absolutely be the starter the rest of the way - I don't think Zach should even be activated.  Mike White has earned that right.  And gives the Jets the best chance to win.

All I'm saying is he made a bad throw to Berrios on a very important play.  No agenda.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No.  No they are not.  

One side can see what White has done, can objectively say, with statistical evidence, that “Mike White is the best QB on the roster right now, and he should be starting the rest of the season.”

The other side has polluted threads with the Wilson BS under the guise of “We’re rooting for everyone, but here is a college thesis on why 9/22 for 77 yards is actually not that bad, and we need to see more in order to get a final judgment on Zach.”

This is a playoff caliber team.  I’m not f*cking up the playoff race for a kid who sails balls 10 yards over the head of WRs who are 5 yards away from him and takes zero responsibility for it.  Things changed.  Zach’s “development” (whatever that looks like), is now secondary to everything else.

Great post.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know.  Zach threw for 355 yards in the first Pats loss.  

Let me be clear...Mike White should be the starter - and should continue to be the rest of the way out.  Zach should remain inactive...but the goal is to win.  Not put up a lot of yards.  So far Mike White is 1-1, not a bad start at all.  

This was a 9-2 in their home - no reason to panic at all.  Mike White will be fine.

Yeah and when ZW threw for 355 yards(his first ever 300 yard game) he threw 3 awful inexcusable INT's to lose the game. Nobody is panicking. Mike White is a far far better NFL QB than Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Why would I do that?

Because the way Zach Wilson was treated around here - where every mistake was massively over reacted too and every positive was immediately pushed off? And now you think I'm doing that to show how ridiculous that was?

Or do you really think I have some anti Mike White agenda, like I don't want to see him do well.  

As I said, I think Mike White should absolutely be the starter the rest of the way - I don't think Zach should even be activated.  Mike White has earned that right.  And gives the Jets the best chance to win.

All I'm saying is he made a bad throw to Berrios on a very important play.  No agenda.

Honestly the whole ZW fanboys vs Mike White fanboys has gotten completely ridiculous.  Like you said I don’t give a damn who the QB is as long as we win.  I’m also going to support all of them no matter who is starting, backing up, or inactive 

• Upvote 2

Well it’s true.  I could name 30 posters that do it on it other side.  I agree with you that it’s wrong  but saying it’s just one side doing it is just ******* ridiculous ?.  Anyway have a good evening 

Again, if you want to do that, that’s is your right and your prerogative.  To that I would say don’t be surprised that you have a little bit of pushback when you suggest eating dollar store sirloin steak to a room full of people who want a butcher’s fresh cut NY Strip.

Have a good evening.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You don’t get to say this.  Not when anyone who spoke negatively about Wilson….a QB who actually sucked and his lack of productivity proved it….had psychosis according to you.

Nope. the psychosis was refusing to see ANYTHING positive from Zach.  He wasn't all negative, but that's the way it was portrayed here.

I can say Mike White wasn't perferct - because he wasn't. 

the standards are insane.  Zach could do no good, Mike White could do no wrong.  

Mike White is clearly better than ZW right now - and has been good and should easily start the rest of the season  - but Mike White also made some mistakes today.

This shouldn't be controversial.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nope. the psychosis was refusing to see ANYTHING positive from Zach.  He wasn't all negative, but that's the way it was portrayed here.

Mike White is clearly better than ZW right now - and has been good and should easily start the rest of the season  - but Mike White also made some mistakes today.

Again, dude, as late as the 3rd quarter you were talking about QB being our biggest problem.

Come the f**k on with this. 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again, if you want to do that, that’s is your right and your prerogative.  To that I would say don’t be surprised that you have a little bit of pushback when you suggest eating dollar store sirloin steak to a room full of people who want a butcher’s fresh cut NY Strip.

Have a good evening.

Except I didn’t suggest it.  I simply said the crap between BOTH sides is getting old and childish.  That’s just a FACT. Good Evening 

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why would I do that?

You have a clear agenda to be unreasonable toward Mike White because your feel that people were unreasonable in their critique of the worst QB in the NFL.  Yes, it's quite clear you would prefer to see Mike White fail so you can be right about him and so that you can watch Zach Wilson continue to sh*t his pants on the field.  Not sure why you find that enjoyable but it's clearly the most important thing to you when it comes to this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson had positives? I didn't see any tbh. NFL QB's are supposed to have some semblance of talent and ability to throw the ball downfield with some regularity so he gets no pats on the back when he does complete a pass. His good games are 0/0 for 140 yards. His bad games are historically bad like what happened in NE. Take off the blinders. He is the worst rated QB in the NFL the last 2 years for a reason. The fans, coaches, and players have zero confidence in him and with good reason.

• Upvote 1

Again, he’s a dropped TD away from being 2-0 as a starter this year, with 5 total TDs, 1 deflected ball by his own WR INT, 700+ yards, and a high completion %.
In what universe does that “suck”?
.. and yet he is 1-1 against a couple terrible defenses. He played poorly in the first half .. had a great second half .. but ultimately was not enough to win.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Now I can’t speak for some others you may be referring to but it sounded like you were talking about me 

Yes, I asked what you were saying about Zach and Mike White prior to Zach being benched since you don't know why you're being labeled a Zach truther. If you want an answer, it only seems logical that you start there. If what you said then is different than what you say now then that is likely why people are labeling you as such.