<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Just now, T0mShane said:

Lots of Zach fans pretending to be sad, but extreme fist-pumping in this thread. If Berrios caught that ball, all you’d hear about is how the D locked up Cousins at the end.

Please stop the Zach vs White crap.  We’re all pissed we lost 

• Post of the Week 2

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And if that throw wasn't behind Berrios it's a TD.

it was a five yard throw - no need for it to be behind him.  Could it have been caught, sure.  but a good throw and they win the game.

If you watch the replay you'll see that if he leads him anymore the ball would be deflected by a defensive lineman

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

How am I a Zach fanboy when I said I supported the decision for him to be benched?

You look for every chance you get to make an excuse for your boy Zach. Now that he’s benched you look for every chance you get to knock Mike white.

That’s why you’re a bitc (oops, not trying to get banned here) I mean that’s why you’re a fan boy. And you always have been btw.

My take is this.  When your team gets to the point where you can point to a few chances not cashed in that made the difference between winning and losing, your team is on the doorstep and just a tick from arriving.  The Jets are knocking on the door, none of us expected that to be the case this year and opportunities remain there with five weeks to go.  This team has grit and no quit in them.  There’s much to be positive about and while losing is disappointing, there should be no recriminations.  I for one look forward to next week — I’ll be in Buffalo.  It’s been a long time since I could get excited about the Jets playing football this late in any season.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

35 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Please stop the Zach vs White crap.  We’re all pissed we lost 

Then how about some of the posters here stop cherry picking the best QB play we have had since 2015 to justify putting a guy back in who went 9/22 for 77 yards at 3.5 yards a pop in his last start because “you gotta remember guys, it was windy out there.”

I wanted Zach to work here too.  He’s not it.  I’m not gonna sit here and pretend that Wilson should see the field again under any circumstance, including injury.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lots of Zach fans pretending to be sad, but extreme fist-pumping in this thread. If Berrios caught that ball, all you’d hear about is how the D locked up Cousins at the end.

Berrios drop was huge but one thing not being discussed is having to throw over 50 times today. Jets will rarely if ever win if they have to throw that much. MLF Need to establish running attack in every game and not get so dam cute 

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And if that throw wasn't behind Berrios it's a TD.

it was a five yard throw - no need for it to be behind him.  Could it have been caught, sure.  but a good throw and they win the game.

It really was bad ball placement. If it was to his other shoulder the defender doesn't get his hand on it. MW had a bunch of those this game - to the right shoulder with guys running from left to right on slants. That's the toughest spot to catch it. A better throw and it's a TD. It would have been a great catch. I just didn't like the play calling at all near the goal line.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

White IMO earned the right to start the rest of the season. If we catch a couple of these passes, Nerrios holds onto that pass in the EZ,  GW doesn't  step out of bounds, we make a miracle comeback. I think we can get there. 

He was terrible.    Dear god wake up. 

Not saying Wilson is better.  But white sucks against a good defense. 

• Thumb Down 4

4 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

In 2 starts he should have accumulated 5 total TDs, 1 pick, and 700+ yards.

What in the world are you watching?

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Then how about some of the posters here stop cherry picking the best QB play we have had since 2015 to justify putting a guy back in who went 9/22 for 77 yards at 3.5 yards a pop in his last start because “you gotta remember guys, it was windy out there.”

I wanted Wilson to work here too.  He’s not it.  I’m not gonna sit here and pretend that Wilson should see the field again under any circumstance, including injury.

Both sides are to blame 

• Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Is this Zach? Berrios should have caught that ball. Jets win. Berrios is a good player but I have been saying this for a while, we don't  want him playing WR. 

Say what you will, but this is a very good Minny team. They beat all of the AFC East. Also, considering how badly we played on O most of the game (and a couple of drives on D), this team had a chance to win the game under 2 minutes. Then the D stepped up with all of the TOs we had (smart time management by Saleh), and then marched down and came down to another try.

The D is legit. While I don't think MW is a franchise QB, he played very well most of the game. The real problem is, IMO, is LaFleur. He doesn't call a good game until we are down and out. He gets too cute and won't throw for 1sts and TDs. He is overly cautious and then reckless. He doesn't adjust his game plan for the defense he is playing against. Worse, he doesn't game plan for his QB. He tries to force the QB to his scheme instead of adjusting the scheme for the QB.

No question ZW imploded and not just on the field. But, two different QBs (3 if you count Flacco) struggled against tough defenses tells you want you need to know. LaFleur is the main problem with the team.

You have to give credit to the team and Saleh, they hung there against a better team and almost pulled it out. They never quit. They find their QB and fix the OC and this team can go far. Either way, we have meaningful games in December and are still in the hunt for the playoffs with 2 very winnable games coming up.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, ausman said:

My take is this.  When your team gets to the point where you can point to a few chances not cashed in that made the difference between winning and losing, your team is on the doorstep and just a tick from arriving.  The Jets are knocking on the door, none of us expected that to be the case this year and opportunities remain there with five weeks to go.  This team has grit and no quit in them.  There’s much to be positive about and while losing is disappointing, there should be no recriminations.  I for one look forward to next week — I’ll be in Buffalo.  It’s been a long time since I could get excited about the Jets playing football this late in any season.

This.

No, double-This.

31 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Realistically the offense should never lose when needing one yard.

Close your splits, Back cheats up, and you wedge the DL into the turf.

They clearly haven’t practiced this with the musical chairs of OL and RBs.

I’m not even going to get into MLF right now.

They lost by few yards all game. It was as if they hit a wall when they got in red zone, ALL game. Look how difficult it was to get 1 td, a qb sneak on 4th down that had to overturned. It was horrendous red zone play calling, execution.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Say what you will, but this is a very good Minny team. They beat all of the AFC East. Also, considering how badly we played on O most of the game (and a couple of drives on D), this team had a chance to win the game under 2 minutes. Then the D stepped up with all of the TOs we had (smart time management by Saleh), and then marched down and came down to another try.

The D is legit. While I don't think MW is a franchise QB, he played very well most of the game. The real problem is, IMO, is LaFleur. He doesn't call a good game until we are down and out. He gets too cute and won't throw for 1sts and TDs. He is overly cautious and then reckless. He doesn't adjust his game plan for the defense he is playing against. Worse, he doesn't game plan for his QB. He tries to force the QB to his scheme instead of adjusting the scheme for the QB.

No question ZW imploded and not just on the field. But, two different QBs (3 if you count Flacco) struggled against tough defenses tells you want you need to know. LaFleur is the main problem with the team.

You have to give credit to the team and Saleh, they hung there against a better team and almost pulled it out. They never quit. They find their QB and fix the OC and this team can go far. Either way, we have meaningful games in December and are still in the hunt for the playoffs with 2 very winnable games coming up.

This was always going to be by far the toughest game on schedule.

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They lost by few yards all game. It was as if they hit a wall when they got in red zone, ALL game. Look how difficult it was to get 1 td, a qb sneak on 4th down that had to overturned. It was horrendous red zone play calling, execution.

Yes, red zone play calling was bad.  

I can only think of 4.
[mention=27101]Jets723[/mention] [mention=28731]Dunnie[/mention] [mention=28455]FidelioJet[/mention] and [mention=39403]SuicidalSince98[/mention]
everyone else here roots for the Jets, they root for Zachy 
Wow .. never called out anyone by name before ... But if I ever do .. your on my list you small pathetic little man.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk