<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Both sides are to blame 

You forgot to begin that with “to be fair…”

..and no, both sides weren’t equally to blame. We listened to your snark for season and a half ( longer if you want to include Sam).
Nobody here took as many cheap, snarky shots as you did on the very rare occasions Zach looked barely competent.

26 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I don't recall any TD's.  What game were you watching?

They scored a TD on his run, they had another great drive and should have had another TD if Berrios catches the ball in his hands. Then he almost drove them down again at the end of the game but they came up short. If you are finding fault with Mike White in this game there is no talking to you. It's refreshing to have NFL QB play now. 

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Then how about some of the posters here stop cherry picking the best QB play we have had since 2015 to justify putting a guy back in who went 9/22 for 77 yards at 3.5 yards a pop in his last start because “you gotta remember guys, it was windy out there.”

I wanted Wilson to work here too.  He’s not it.  I’m not gonna sit here and pretend that Wilson should see the field again under any circumstance, including injury.

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

it was in both of his hands and against his chest, gtfo with "a little behind him"

no qb in the league puts every pass on the numbers, receivers gotta do their part and he ****ed the whole team... in a game where MW brought us all the way back into it to steal a game the league did all they could to eliminate us from in the first quarter

I totally agree that Berrios should have held onto the ball. It definitely sucks, but I am still proud of the team. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If that pass was ahead of Berrios, it would've been batted down at the LOS.  You really don't know what you're talking about.

So then it was the wrong choice to throw the pass.  If he KNEW he was going to throw behind the WR it's probably not a good choice.

It's okay, it was a bad throw.  Not the end of the world.  Team had plenty other opportunities to score - they just didn't capitalize.  They'll learn from this game.

Lots of things you could talk about today. Defense bent a bit, had some rough patches ,but mostly did the job.

Whole offense had a rough start . Running game spare a few runs was nothing special. White and Wilson are the real deal. 

Refs decided the Jets needed to comply with the rulebook to the letter. Vikings' OL and DBs, not at all. 

But really game, as it sometimes happens, came down to one player making or not making one play. And in this case, the later. Berrios dropped a very catchable TD pass. And that's that. 

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I can only think of 4.

@Jets723 @Dunnie @FidelioJet and @SuicidalSince98

everyone else here roots for the Jets, they root for Zachy 

Nah...I think Mike White is playing better than Zach did - and should be the starter the rest of the way out.

But I'm also not blinded by Mike White love either.  He's not a god, he made plenty of mistakes today and the Jets lost.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So then it was the wrong choice to throw the pass.  If he KNEW he was going to throw behind the WR it's probably not a good choice.

It's okay, it was a bad throw.  Not the end of the world.  Team had plenty other opportunities to score - they just didn't capitalize.  They'll learn from this game.

He threw a pass that gave Berrios a chance, at least.  It wasn't a bad throw.

Though both Saleh and MW talked about how he had to throw the ball a little further ahead of Berrios so I owe you an apology.  

3 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Just because Zack sucks does not mean Mike white does not suck also.  

Again, he’s a dropped TD away from being 2-0 as a starter this year, with 5 total TDs, 1 deflected ball by his own WR INT, 700+ yards, and a high completion %.

In what universe does that “suck”?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

It was the right read and a good throw. He fit a ball into a tight window and hit Berrios in the hands. Nfl WRs have to make that catch. You're annoying bc you have an agenda and you know what you're saying is wrong.  *******....troll GIF

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Mike White is not an nfl qb

you watch the games over and over till you see it.   He is not and all other teams have known it

Joe Jets Fan is not a Jets fan. Congrats troll, you got your attention. Now go back into your hiding place

27 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

It really was bad ball placement. If it was to his other shoulder the defender doesn't get his hand on it. MW had a bunch of those this game - to the right shoulder with guys running from left to right on slants. That's the toughest spot to catch it. A better throw and it's a TD. It would have been a great catch. I just didn't like the play calling at all near the goal line.

Yes, I agree.  Play calling was a problem today.

It's like ML did the opposite of what they should be doing..Running the ball from the 7..and throwing it from the 1.

Really should be doing the opposite, but - at the end of the day - team has to execute and they just didn't today in the key moments.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Again, he’s a dropped TD away from being 2-0 as a starter this year, with 5 total TDs, 1 deflected ball by his own WR INT, 700+ yards, and a high completion %.

In what universe does that “suck”?

He had many many opportunity to win this game and he never did it.  

how was his stats this game against a ok defense.  Not a great defense just a ok one?

he will get killed next week against Buffalo. 

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No.  No they are not.  

One side can see what White has done, can objectively say, with statistical evidence, that “Mike White is the best QB on the roster right now, and he should be starting the rest of the season.”

The other side has polluted threads with the Wilson BS under the guise of “We’re rooting for everyone, but here is a college thesis on why 9/22 for 77 yards is actually not that bad, and we need to see more in order to get a final judgment on Zach.”

This is a playoff caliber team.  I’m not f*cking up the playoff race for a kid who sails balls 10 yards over the head of WRs who are 5 yards away from him and takes zero responsibility for it.  Things changed.  Zach’s “development” (whatever that looks like), is now secondary to everything else.

I think you misinterpreted.  I’m not campaigning for ZW to start.  All I’m saying is that the White vs ZW bullsh*t needs to stop.  No matter who starts BOTH should be supported and neither deserves to get bashed constantly 

27 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Berrios drop was huge but one thing not being discussed is having to throw over 50 times today. Jets will rarely if ever win if they have to throw that much. MLF Need to establish running attack in every game and not get so dam cute 

24 rushes for 120 yards. Think it was about right. Didn't like inside the 20 MLF started going deep in the playbook. But again, Berrios catches that pass, we're all happy. It does sometimes come down to one play and it did today. 

• Upvote 1