<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

1. He had a rushing TD, our only touchdown in the whole game.

2. The second pick doesn’t happen if Berrios doesn’t drop the touchdown prior, so I’m going to say it to you for the 3rd time: if we’re using our brains and adding context, yes, I think Mike White had a good game against a great team.

He had a rushing td because his teammates pushed him into end zone, please don’t say he did anything to make that td happen. 

Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

Keep thinking a career nobody is the guy. 

Keep thinking he’s the same QB who was on the Cowboys and the first couple of years with the Jets.  He clearly isn’t, but keep hoping for him being overrated.  

There always has to be that one or two who just won’t admit what they just watched is actually what happened. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

He had a rushing td because his teammates pushed him into end zone, please don’t say he did anything to make that td happen. 

Wow, this is actually pretty ridiculous.  Laughable.  

I don’t want a warning, I’ll stop.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

I’ve been religiously following the Jets seven years longer than you, which means I have a doctorate degree in bad QBing. Not only is White not a bad QB, but he’s also got qualities I haven’t seen in a Jets QB since … I can’t remember when. He’s a leader, he’s cool under pressure and he’s got arm talent. The loss today doesn’t change that. For a guy making his fifth career start, he did quite well. I can sympathize with your ambivalence towards him, though. It was a frustrating loss and we’ve seen too many frustrating losses with this team. But I think if you take a step back you’ll see that things are finally headed in the right direction. 

That sig of yours is classic!!!!!!   

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

I’ve been religiously following the Jets seven years longer than you, which means I have a doctorate degree in bad QBing. Not only is White not a bad QB, but he’s also got qualities I haven’t seen in a Jets QB since … I can’t remember when. He’s a leader, he’s cool under pressure and he’s got arm talent. The loss today doesn’t change that. For a guy making his fifth career start, he did quite well. I can sympathize with your ambivalence towards him, though. It was a frustrating loss and we’ve seen too many frustrating losses with this team. But I think if you take a step back you’ll see that things are finally headed in the right direction. 

Things are going no direction with this guy. Thankfully he will not be the QB next year. Every single team had numerous chances to get this guy and they all passed and for good reason.  

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Keep thinking he’s the same QB who was on the Cowboys and the first couple of years with the Jets.  He clearly isn’t, but keep hoping for him being overrated.  

There always has to be that one or two who just won’t admit what they just watched is actually what happened. 

You really think a guy that goes 31-57 369

0 TD, 2 picks against the 29th ranked pass defense is the guy that I can’t help you. 

but he is not.  

1 hour ago, Cyberjet said:

My daughter flew from St Louis to go to that game. She said great stadium nice people but the Jets lost that game the Vikings didn’t win (metaphorically speaking)

Vikings fans were super fun and respectful. 

very good experience for opposing fans 

plenty of jets fans there, as well 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

0 TD, 2 picks against the 29th ranked pass defense is the guy that I can’t help you. 

but he is not.  

2 picks out of context.  Still groping.  
If Berrios and Davis catch their passes he throws 0 INTs.  Try again.

Bigger question why would anyone bitch and moan like this about Whites game

Its a dumb argument 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Should'a would'a could'a.  Despite being in the red zone twice late in the 4th quarter, he failed to score a TD.  Had he put the ball in front of Berrios, instead of behind him with the defender draped on his back and in his face, he would have caught it.  It's only because the White wankers need a scapegoat for his deficiencies that they're talking sh!t about Berrios.  The Jets would have another L in the loss column had it not been for a Berrios punt return TD.  Mike White is nothing more than a journeyman QB,   To win a Superbowl, that's not gonna fly.

Yeah, let's disregard that the guy has been pretty damn good in 4 of his 5 starts and that the Jets actually have an offense that moves the ball. 300+ yards in both of his starts this year. He ran it in for a TD, he brought them down again and Berrios had the ball in his hands and dropped it. Every pass doesn't have to be perfect. He threw plenty of those balls today. As long as we are throwing blame around. What about the play calling in the red zone? What about the running game? The fact that you are sh*tting on White after watching Zach Wilson sh*t the bed week after week is comical. This offense is worlds better under White. Only a fool blame White for that loss. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Things are going no direction with this guy. Thankfully he will not be the QB next year. Every single team had numerous chances to get this guy and they all passed and for good reason.  

Every single team had 5 or 6 chances to take Brady.  4 or 5 for Dak.  Should I keep going?  I guess Stingley is better than Sauce.  London is better than Wilson..

Foolish is basing player evaluation is other teams making or not making mistakes.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

but he is not.  

Did you even watch the game? There are a lot of issues with this

1) There were a lot of drops. He made a lot of throws on the money. Yes, there is a lot to be desired, but you're acting like he was awful.

2) Speaking of that, you're saying that after 5 games you can tell me for certainty if a QB is good enough or not. That's as bad as the people who said he was an FQB after the Bears game. He needs a larger sample size.

He could have been much better against the Vikings. The rest of the offense and the playcallers could have been better too. This game was not White's fault.

48 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah, let's disregard that the guy has been pretty damn good in 4 of his 5 starts and that the Jets actually have an offense that moves the ball. 300+ yards in both of his starts this year. He ran it in for a TD, he brought them down again and Berrios had the ball in his hands and dropped it. Every pass doesn't have to be perfect. He threw plenty of those balls today. As long as we are throwing blame around. What about the play calling in the red zone? What about the running game? The fact that you are sh*tting on White after watching Zach Wilson sh*t the bed week after week is comical. This offense is worlds better under White. Only a fool blame White for that loss. 

45 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I don't sh!t on White.  I'm a Jets fan.  I want him to be successful, and I want the Jets to win.  But I'm also a realist.  He's not the second coming of Josh Allen, and he's simply not good enough to get us to a Superbowl, let alone win one.  He's playing well for a backup QB - but that's all he is.  Just the cold hard facts. 

So, he threw for 300 yards, big deal.  Most of it was YAC.  I don't remember any impressive deep connections, maybe I missed something.  He didn't win the game.  There are at least 10 QB's in the league who would've put the ball in the end zone on one of those final 2 drives, regardless of extenuating circumstances.  So, he ran in for a TD, big deal.  It was a 1 yard QB sneak.  High percentage play.  Shocking.  

You and everyone like you seems to think those who don't praise White hate him - and Love Zach.  Sorry to disappoint you, but couldn't be further from the truth.  Mike White gives us a better chance of winning than Zach Wilson.  Maybe that's all you care about.  But there are many of us w

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:
  45 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I don't sh!t on White.  I'm a Jets fan.  I want him to be successful, and I want the Jets to win.  But I'm also a realist.  He's not the second coming of Josh Allen, and he's simply not good enough to get us to a Superbowl, let alone win one.  He's playing well for a backup QB - but that's all he is.  Just the cold hard facts. 

So, he threw for 300 yards, big deal.  Most of it was YAC.  I don't remember any impressive deep connections, maybe I missed something.  He didn't win the game.  There are at least 10 QB's in the league who would've put the ball in the end zone on one of those final 2 drives, regardless of extenuating circumstances.  So, he ran in for a TD, big deal.  It was a 1 yard QB sneak.  High percentage play.  Shocking.  

You and everyone like you seems to think those who don't praise White hate him - and Love Zach.  Sorry to disappoint you, but couldn't be further from the truth.  Mike White gives us a better chance of winning than Zach Wilson.  Maybe that's all you care about.  But there are many of us w

The thing is White knows how to get the ball to his play makers and spread the wealth, something that ZW has shown he is incapable of. Nobody said he was Josh Allen but he's good enough to win with. He has had 4 good games in his 5 starts, including 3 300+ yard games. How do you know what this team can do with him under center and with this defense. That story has yet to be written. You have no idea what is going to happen. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

This is what the White crazies can’t get through the thick heads, no one is saying Wilson is better.  Just saying it ain’t white.  

So you're going Flacco then?

Because those are the only three options in 2022.

We are 7-5, and have a path to the postseason. 

2023 talk can be deferred for now, no one is making that decision tonight.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure, but then it was a bad decision to throw that pass.  if it would be blocked if you threw the pass accurately, then don't throw it.

While not between the numbers it was a very catchable ball. You are generally fair in your analysis but for some reason you are being very stubborn on this. Maybe you should go back and rewatch the play. These are professional receivers and he should have caught it.

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Are you blind

Of course he did

He had the presence or mind to scoot towards the B gap when he realized the middle was clogged

He held on to the ball as he was getting pummeled

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They lost by few yards all game. It was as if they hit a wall when they got in red zone, ALL game. Look how difficult it was to get 1 td, a qb sneak on 4th down that had to overturned. It was horrendous red zone play calling, execution.

LaFleur is not a good 3rd and short or goal line playcaller. He shows that over and over. 5 wides on 3rd and short is just dumb. We do not use play action or RPO enough, we run over center WAY too much. We do not roll out enough. 2nd down is very predictable. QB needs to be under center more. We need to use tempo more.

• Upvote 1

While it’s amusing to read, this is a pretty stupid discussion.  The most interesting thing about this game was the adjustments both teams made and then the adjustments to the adjustments.  Jets’ HT adjustments on defense and offense changed the complexion of a 20-6 game.  Until the Vikings adjusted and turned a 20-15 game into a 27-15 game. It looked over until a great run by Bam put Jets in position to answer the Vikings TD quickly, which they did — 27-22.  Another stop by the D when the Vikings went conservative gave the Jet O another chance which they seemed poised to cash in when they didn’t.  Credit the Viking D which was stout in the red zone even though allowing the Jets to go up and down the rest of the field throughout the 2nd half.  Yes, there were mistakes and missed opportunities— by both teams both ways — but that’s football.  Pointing to one play or one player is ridiculous.  The last play is no more important than the first.  It just looks that way because there’s a clock.  Rest easy.  We have a good team that competes.  When’s the last time anyone here could say that?

Thinking about it more, during the 2nd to last Jets possession (when they had 2nd and goal at the 1) after not making it, maybe kicking the FG to make it 27-25 would have been the move and then have your defense do a 3 and out like they ended up doing to get the ball back again for one last possession and needing a FG to win.

Jets were getting yards between the 20's all in the 2nd half, it was the red zone offense that couldn't punch it in for a TD (sans Mike White's rushing sneaking TD that the refs almost missed). 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Yeah; no further engagement needed on this one.  Have a good one.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The thing is White knows how to get the ball to his play makers and spread the wealth, something that ZW has shown he is incapable of. Nobody said he was Josh Allen but he's good enough to win with. He has had 4 good games in his 5 starts, including 3 300+ yard games. How do you know what this team can do with him under center and with this defense. That story has yet to be written. You have no idea what is going to happen. 

They just lost to the Vikings, who aren't the best team in the NFL.  That's how I know.  You have to be the best to win the Superbowl.  I would have preferred he threw for 200 yards and won the game for us.  Mike White taking us to the Superbowl is a pipe dream.  I'm not a Zach fan, and I actually like Mike White.  But he's truly not a great QB, no matter how you spin it.

There were some funny things in defense of Mike White today.  

For example: Some of the same people (if IIRC) who were saying drops were Zach’s fault were bending over backwards to say White was a victim of drops today.  

Reality check - the Jets drop too many passes regardless of the QB. It’s hilarious how the posters QB1 of choice completely shades the blue posters view of what’s going on.

(Yes I know it applies to me too - I’m aware I’m living in a glass house while I throw the stones) 

• Upvote 1

There were too many drops. 

white was a bit off this game - lots of passes were high or slightly behind the receiver. He felt the pressure and got tagged a few times by the Vikes’ DLine. 

similar to  the Jets’ rationale & approach with Zach, White will improve with more game-time experience with the live bullets flying and the CS seeing what he can and can’t do effectively to keep winning- the inability to score at the goal line was pathetic. 

The Jets young roster is better off as professionals from this loss and hopefully it ignites the players to step up and finish. CS also need to keep re-assessing its play calls 

• Post of the Week 1