Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?

Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2022 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

you didn't say "if he keeps it up". You said

Are you retracting your assertion that some team is going to pay White more than $12 million and now modifying it to be that it will only occur if he "keeps it up"?

If he flops and then never sees the field again, yeah big duh neither I nor anyone would possibly think that.

Sorry for leaving out modifiers. I thought it was implied that, if he continues to play well, someone would pay him more than that; conversely if he doesn't, then no one will. If the season ended today, yeah no doubt it'd be unlikely based on 2 games, but the season doesn't end today.

So of course it's based on how he plays the rest of the season, but if he signed a contract at that level or lower he wouldn't even be giving himself that chance. It was said under that context, with the season obviously not ending today; with 2 good games under his belt and 5 more to play. 

9 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

From Jetsxfactor.com…

In 3 of his 4 career starts he has finished, White has led the Jets to over 460 yards.

The same number that the Jets other QBs have collectively achieved over the past 7 years.  No one else did so more than once.

What?!?!?!?!

When Mike White balls out on the road against Buffalo in three & a half short days from now, I hope to see the Mike White is our QB of the future at around 70% and then at the end of the year at 90% with only a few stubborn fans wanting the grass is greener or holding out for Wilson because he has a STRONGER arm.

Historic sh*t and this fanbase is like, nah, I'm good, we can do better as if they just started rooting for this team.

@T0mShane  have you closed registration to the Mike White Fan Club?  Because we need to start making our black balled list and this thread is a great starting point.  We need names who are never allowed to celebrate his greatness and deserve Zach Wilson

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

“I don’t want White because his stats are fake, but give me Danny Dimes” is the purest form of unintentional comedy

I can’t stop laughing, can get past the name “Danny Dimes”.  Sounds like a guy passing the ball all over the field.  That’s not Jones. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The Jets needed to scheme a guy open or they needed to run block so their RB's had a chance and they did neither of those things and that's not including the Botched fade by Garrett and the dropped pass by Berrios. None of those things are on the QB, none. he got us there and when we got there the team failed as a whole Offense and Im sure they know that. This loss was not on Mike White nor was the inability to score at the half yard line or within the 5

They all share in the blame.  The team didn’t execute when they had to.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Historic sh*t and this fanbase is like, nah, I'm good, we can do better as if they just started rooting for this team.

@T0mShane  have you closed registration to the Mike White Fan Club?  Because we need to start making our black balled list and this thread is a great starting point.  We need names who are never allowed to celebrate his greatness and deserve Zach Wilson

Registration is CLOSED. It’s a ride or die crew now. No one gets on or off.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

White has to get on the same page as Davis and Conklin. As great as Garrett Wilson is, he’s still a 175 lb rookie who runs weird routes, and Elijah Moore is talented, but can’t be trusted on a big third and eight. White needs his big body dudes to be the meat and potatoes if he’s going to become a winning QB. 

Conklin had a tough day, too many drops.  
I think we get all that can be expected out of Davis.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If he flops and then never sees the field again, yeah big duh neither I nor anyone would possibly think that.

Sorry for leaving out modifiers. I thought it was implied that, if he continues to play well, someone would pay him more than that; conversely if he doesn't, then no one will. If the season ended today, yeah no doubt it'd be unlikely based on 2 games, but the season doesn't end today.

So of course it's based on how he plays the rest of the season, but if he signed a contract at that level or lower he wouldn't even be giving himself that chance. It was said under that context, with the season obviously not ending today; with 2 good games under his belt and 5 more to play. 

Thanks for clarifying. We can revisit it. I really don’t see very many scenarios where someone would pay him $12 million per year. That would be the 14th highest average annual value among QBs. And fwiw the gap between the current 13th and 14th highest average annual values is $20 million. Tannehill is at 29.5 and Lawrence at 9.5.  So, based on the realities of QB pay it us hard to imagine White commanding a $12 million or more average annual value contract.

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Registration is CLOSED. It’s a ride or die crew now. No one gets on or off.

T0m maybe we talk about grandfathering in JIffy Pop I mean he knew Zach sucked so he had half of it right :)

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

White has to get on the same page as Davis and Conklin. As great as Garrett Wilson is, he’s still a 175 lb rookie who runs weird routes, and Elijah Moore is talented, but can’t be trusted on a big third and eight. White needs his big body dudes to be the meat and potatoes if he’s going to become a winning QB. 

We still need the Big reliable Possession guy we have not had since Keyshawn and then more recently Brandon Marshall. Every QB needs that guy they can throw the ball in the vicinity and he makes the play. We currently do not have that 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

This is what I don't get. Mike White is doing things we haven't seen from a young QB here since 02 Chad. Yet there are people who are like "yeah, he's a nice backup but totally can't be a longterm answer because he doesn't remind of Mahomes physically"

Very strange. 

• Upvote 4

Sorry if this has already been said, but there's a difference between A franchise QB and OUR franchise QB.

White may never be the driving force the Elite QBs are, but the money he (potentially) saves us allows the team around him to be better.

That why I'm not sure the "upgrade" to the other alternative names often connected with us are necessarily a net positive for the team.  I was perfectly content with what White did yesterday and if that's what he does the rest of the year I'm rolling the dice with him next year (barring another one of those JD miracle transactions) . . .

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If Wilson could check down like White, he probably wouldn't be sitting right now.  Wilson doesn't check down and when he does, he misses the RB.  

Agreed the checkdown is useful. But things rarely work when they are overused, and Mike White’s checkdowns were overused IMO.

19 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Berrios also caused Fant’s penalty by not running the correct route. 

Fants penalty is on Fant.  Everyone knows you don’t hit in the back.  In the open field like that it’s too easy to call.  Have no idea how or why you think it was the wrong route, it was a quick out to the sideline that got us down to near the goal line. Could have changed the game

51 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Thanks for clarifying. We can revisit it. I really don’t see very many scenarios where someone would pay him $12 million per year. That would be the 14th highest average annual value among QBs. And fwiw the gap between the current 13th and 14th highest average annual values is $20 million. Tannehill is at 29.5 and Lawrence at 9.5.  So, based on the realities of QB pay it us hard to imagine White commanding a $12 million or more average annual value contract.

The thing is there’s this steep cutoff from the proven $30MM guys down to the $10MM guys. Those in the latter category, if they’re not on rookie contracts, are either backups signed to be backups, or they’re former starters who had chance after chance before their teams finally gave up on them (e.g. Mariota). Tannehill was in that latter category, too, before he got a second chance & succeeded in it. Geno as well; remains to be seen how much he’ll get paid. 

White is not in either category. He’s closer to Garoppolo, which is a guy who didn’t see much action since getting drafted, but when he did he found a lot of success. The downside is there isn’t a long track record, but the upside is he’s also got no history of repeated failure compared with some team - a team who drafted him who, more than anyone, wanted him to succeed - who just said ok after 2-4 yrs he’s gotten plenty of chances & enough’s enough; he sucks.

There are starting QBs who get those in-between contracts, where it’s eye of the beholder for some team that looks hard at the upside. There just aren’t any at this point in time. Guys like (in the past decade or so) Foles, Bridgewater, Bortles, Flynn, Brissett, Keenum, Osweiler, T.Taylor, and more. There are individual differences in prior production among all those guys, but the gist was the same: get a guy while buying low who - if his prior success continued for another year - would be a lot more expensive the following offseason.

Depends what he does and, for some, depends how big the hype around him is. I think White is getting some of that extra hype so he could really get paid. I don’t think he’s got a chance at the upper $30MM into the $40MM territory pretty much no matter what he does (say he somehow averaged 350+ yds & 2-3 TDs/game through deep into the playoffs or something), if for no reason than because the Jets would just tag him for $31MM to see if he can do it again before guaranteeing him $100MM+.

In either instance, he’d be cutting his own balls off to take a Mariota-plus contract now. 

21 hours ago, JiFields said:

Greatness ?

Chris Simms already setting the table today blaming the Jets for ruining Zach. Putting him in a place where he "cant get out of". He even invoked Geno Smith as an example. "It took 8 years for anyone to let him back on a football field". 

Its a joke. 

Threads like these make me scratch my head. How are so many people ready to write off Mike White? He has had total command of the offense, he has played even better than the stats suggest (and the stats aren’t bad either), and the team absolutely loves him. Start him every remaining game in 2022 and if he continues to show potential, give him a chance next year.

Nobody gets a crown after 5 starts. But when you look at his body of work for an inexperienced player, you should love what you see. It’s no sure thing that he stays on this trajectory, but let’s please stop acting like it’s a bad trajectory. He’s had a better start to his career than any Jets QB in a long time. Give the man a chance.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

We do not need a FQB WOW/it factor... WE need and have someone who can  run the O scheme well, get the playmakers involved, and have teammates respect and play hard for.  he has made short, intermediate and onger throws as well as , take what the D gives him.  He is smart and doesn't force the issue...

How many drops did WR/TEhave that game?  Where was the D in the 1st half when they gave uo 20 points....  Right now he is the best option to win games, period.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2022 at 6:56 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

Mike White sure is easy to root for and I’m hoping he’s the guy, but my doubts increased yesterday because I want a  QB with “it”, and I’m fairly sure that a QB with “it” finds a way to get a TD with all of those opportunities at the end of the game. 

I mean he kind of did though…. Berrios dropped it. Even Tom Brady can’t throw a touchdown if his receiver drops it

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This is what I don't get. Mike White is doing things we haven't seen from a young QB here since 02 Chad. Yet there are people who are like "yeah, he's a nice backup but totally can't be a longterm answer because he doesn't remind of Mahomes physically"

Very strange. 

The NFL is overreaction szn. It’s never as good as it seems or as bad as it seems.

Mike White is most comparable to Nick Foles in terms of his strengths/weaknesses/playing style/ceiling. It’s a very easy comparison, and maybe even a generous one, but I feel good about it. 

In 2012, Nick Foles came in down the stretch of his rookie season and had some crazy production games which prompted Andy Reid to declare him starter over Vick for the remainder of the season. His TD numbers weren’t nuts and he didn’t win much, but he had the arm strength, the size, the production, the quick decisions, the poise, toughness, etc. It “looked good” as many fans would say. Andy Reid ultimately was fired and Chip Kelly was hired. Foles was demoted to backup behind Vick to begin 2013. Vick struggled to adapt to the scheme and was having a poor season. When he got hurt, Foles got another opportunity. He went on to have one of the most statistically productive seasons ever, as well as one of the best statistical games ever. He went 8-2 in his 10 starts, averaged 18.4/28.7 (64.11%), 264.5 yards (9.22 YPA), 2.4 TD:0.2 INT per game. He threw for over 400 yards twice (28 attempts and 48 attempts), otherwise never needed to throw the ball more than 34 times a game given the margin of victory. 

Some smart yet bold evaluators went on record to say that they didn’t believe Foles was a franchise QB. They were ridiculed for it, and you heard all his teammates and coaches come to his defense: leader, outstanding worker, excellent smarts, competitor, tough, moxxy, poised, etc. Everyone loved him throughout his career- which was all over his eagles scouting report as well.  He battled injuries and poor play the following season, yet despite going 14-4 as starter in 2013-14, he was traded away for Sam Bradford in 2015. Foles had better stats, better record, better everything, but the Eagles still were willing to mortgage him and high draft picks for Bradford, who had the projectable arm talent and anticipation that they felt was far superior to Foles’ and while Foles ran the offense extremely efficiently, they felt the talent and scheme around him were the primary reasons for his success and that he lacked the natural gifts which would put the team over the top/allow them to beat top-notch defenses when the scheme and talent weren’t enough. It did not go as planned and everything went south, but in hindsight many felt Chip Kelly’s reasoning was right, he just underestimated how quickly Bradford would adjust to the new team and how much injuries had taken a toll on him. Bradford was a franchise QB talent that just couldn’t stay healthy and was forced to retire early because of it. Foles would make the rounds back to PHI, replaced an injured Wentz, played extremely well, became the locker room favorite, won a Super Bowl MVP, and reached cult hero legendary status (“Big Dick Nick”, statue outside the stadium), yet he returned to being a backup. Every other team who convinced themselves he could be a franchise QB for them overpaid and paid the ultimate price of it blowing up in their faces. Now we’re finally back to accepting him as one of the better backup QBs in the NFL. 

So after all this, why isn’t Nick Foles a franchise QB?

He is a “see it throw it” QB who performs best in a certain systems which incorporate heavy RPO, play-action, and motion which helps identify who the “hot” receiver is. He doesn’t throw with top-end velocity despite his arm strength, and is most accurate as a “finesse” thrower because he loses accuracy when he taps into his arm. He can read the field and is able to progress through options but more often than not is locking onto the first read and predetermining his throws. His drop backs, throwing motion, release, and pocket movement are technically sound but very deliberate and elongated due to his heavy feet and lack of explosive traits, but still has enough talent to get the job done. From Greg Cosell: “He is a quarterback that needs the system to work for him and provide defined reads and good throws with the route concepts, just the whole system. He needs the system to work for him… because he’s not a quick-twitch guy, when he doesn’t feel comfortable making a throw he’ll start to look a little awkward because he’s not quick twitch.” When he’s on a talented football team with a good offensive scheme, he manages the game with great efficiency. He routinely knows where to go with the ball on-time, hits all the easy throws fairly consistently and has enough arm to throw into tighter windows. Having been said, his lack of anticipation leads him to struggle throwing against man/tight coverage consistently because while knowing where to go with the ball, he throws with inconsistent ball placement and tends to be late on horizontal routes/high on vertical routes in the intermediate-to-deep throws. He lacks the kind of arm talent and athletic skill that QBs who lack anticipation require to have sustainable success in the NFL, and he has virtually no upside when plays break down given his limited athleticism and inconsistent ability to throw on the run. He’ll get away with it against defenses who frequently play zone or who have weak pass defenses, but can not consistently overcome a top-end pass defense or tight man coverage, even with the most talented teams. He has had his share of “linsanity” moments, but does not have the level of skill required to consistently and sustainably be a “closer” and lift a team up when needed, especially one lacking talent. He’s a point-guard at QB, with his greatest trait being his decisiveness, and will likely always perform in smart offensive schemes that take advantage of defenses that lack speed and decisiveness, which result in wide-open looks and checkdowns. The problem is defenses always catch up, find ways to play you differently with faster personnel and their own improved  schemes, and when that happens the QB play falters unless the offense scheme can evolve again and do things that confuse defenses enough to regain that edge again. 

I know fans don’t want to hear it, but this is to an extent who Mike White is. It’s who the Jets think Mike White is/can be. By no means is that a criticism. Can this player start in the NFL? Yes. Can they perform in the NFL? Yes. Can this player be good enough to complete for a championship on a high quality team? Yes. Having been said, these QBs tend to not be the most sustainably good; their play craters when things aren’t going right around them whether it be against very skilled/fast defenses who can play man coverage and rush the passer or do to the scheme/talent around them regressing. Hypothetically speaking this kind of player can be a long-term QB if the offensive staff remains intact? the scheme keeps evolving every year, and the talent is consistently being replenished, but chances are that situation is unlikely, and the coach will eventually get tired of having to scheme everything perfectly for production, will hit walls when facing a tough defense, little chance of winning a shootout, which results in them seeking the opposite: a guy who has all the traits and arm talent that they can mold into an efficient QB with playmaking ability (see Jimmy G vs. Trey Lance). 

I know this is a long response and one a lot of you guys will hate. It is what it is. Just try to enjoy the ride without having to worry about whether Mike White is the long-term answer or not. Maybe he reverts to being a backup, maybe he signs with another team who tries to make him a long-term QB, maybe he makes a deal with the devil or joins the TB12 method and miraculously develops inherinet qualities that he currently doesn’t possess- I don’t know. But at the end of the day just hope that he wins and can keep the playoff hopes alive. If not, we’ll see what next week brings. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, football guy said:

The NFL is overreaction szn. It’s never as good as it seems or as bad as it seems.

Mike White is most comparable to Nick Foles in terms of his strengths/weaknesses/playing style/ceiling. It’s a very easy comparison, and maybe even a generous one, but I feel good about it. 

In 2012, Nick Foles came in down the stretch of his rookie season and had some crazy production games which prompted Andy Reid to declare him starter over Vick for the remainder of the season. His TD numbers weren’t nuts and he didn’t win much, but he had the arm strength, the size, the production, the quick decisions, the poise, toughness, etc. It “looked good” as many fans would say. Andy Reid ultimately was fired and Chip Kelly was hired. Foles was demoted to backup behind Vick to begin 2013. Vick struggled to adapt to the scheme and was having a poor season. When he got hurt, Foles got another opportunity. He went on to have one of the most statistically productive seasons ever, as well as one of the best statistical games ever. He went 8-2 in his 10 starts, averaged 18.4/28.7 (64.11%), 264.5 yards (9.22 YPA), 2.4 TD:0.2 INT per game. He threw for over 400 yards twice (28 attempts and 48 attempts), otherwise never needed to throw the ball more than 34 times a game given the margin of victory. 

Some smart yet bold evaluators went on record to say that they didn’t believe Foles was a franchise QB. They were ridiculed for it, and you heard all his teammates and coaches come to his defense: leader, outstanding worker, excellent smarts, competitor, tough, moxxy, poised, etc. Everyone loved him throughout his career- which was all over his eagles scouting report as well.  He battled injuries and poor play the following season, yet despite going 14-4 as starter in 2013-14, he was traded away for Sam Bradford in 2015. Foles had better stats, better record, better everything, but the Eagles still were willing to mortgage him and high draft picks for Bradford, who had the projectable arm talent and anticipation that they felt was far superior to Foles’ and while Foles ran the offense extremely efficiently, they felt the talent and scheme around him were the primary reasons for his success and that he lacked the natural gifts which would put the team over the top/allow them to beat top-notch defenses when the scheme and talent weren’t enough. It did not go as planned and everything went south, but in hindsight many felt Chip Kelly’s reasoning was right, he just underestimated how quickly Bradford would adjust to the new team and how much injuries had taken a toll on him. Bradford was a franchise QB talent that just couldn’t stay healthy and was forced to retire early because of it. Foles would make the rounds back to PHI, replaced an injured Wentz, played extremely well, became the locker room favorite, won a Super Bowl MVP, and reached cult hero legendary status (“Big Dick Nick”, statue outside the stadium), yet he returned to being a backup. Every other team who convinced themselves he could be a franchise QB for them overpaid and paid the ultimate price of it blowing up in their faces. Now we’re finally back to accepting him as one of the better backup QBs in the NFL. 

So after all this, why isn’t Nick Foles a franchise QB?

He is a “see it throw it” QB who performs best in a certain systems which incorporate heavy RPO, play-action, and motion which helps identify who the “hot” receiver is. He doesn’t throw with top-end velocity despite his arm strength, and is most accurate as a “finesse” thrower because he loses accuracy when he taps into his arm. He can read the field and is able to progress through options but more often than not is locking onto the first read and predetermining his throws. His drop backs, throwing motion, release, and pocket movement are technically sound but very deliberate and elongated due to his heavy feet and lack of explosive traits, but still has enough talent to get the job done. From Greg Cosell: “He is a quarterback that needs the system to work for him and provide defined reads and good throws with the route concepts, just the whole system. He needs the system to work for him… because he’s not a quick-twitch guy, when he doesn’t feel comfortable making a throw he’ll start to look a little awkward because he’s not quick twitch.” When he’s on a talented football team with a good offensive scheme, he manages the game with great efficiency. He routinely knows where to go with the ball on-time, hits all the easy throws fairly consistently and has enough arm to throw into tighter windows. Having been said, his lack of anticipation leads him to struggle throwing against man/tight coverage consistently because while knowing where to go with the ball, he throws with inconsistent ball placement and tends to be late on horizontal routes/high on vertical routes in the intermediate-to-deep throws. He lacks the kind of arm talent and athletic skill that QBs who lack anticipation require to have sustainable success in the NFL, and he has virtually no upside when plays break down given his limited athleticism and inconsistent ability to throw on the run. He’ll get away with it against defenses who frequently play zone or who have weak pass defenses, but can not consistently overcome a top-end pass defense or tight man coverage, even with the most talented teams. He has had his share of “linsanity” moments, but does not have the level of skill required to consistently and sustainably be a “closer” and lift a team up when needed, especially one lacking talent. He’s a point-guard at QB, with his greatest trait being his decisiveness, and will likely always perform in smart offensive schemes that take advantage of defenses that lack speed and decisiveness, which result in wide-open looks and checkdowns. The problem is defenses always catch up, find ways to play you differently with faster personnel and their own improved  schemes, and when that happens the QB play falters unless the offense scheme can evolve again and do things that confuse defenses enough to regain that edge again. 

I know fans don’t want to hear it, but this is to an extent who Mike White is. It’s who the Jets think Mike White is/can be. By no means is that a criticism. Can this player start in the NFL? Yes. Can they perform in the NFL? Yes. Can this player be good enough to complete for a championship on a high quality team? Yes. Having been said, these QBs tend to not be the most sustainably good; their play craters when things aren’t going right around them whether it be against very skilled/fast defenses who can play man coverage and rush the passer or do to the scheme/talent around them regressing. Hypothetically speaking this kind of player can be a long-term QB if the offensive staff remains intact? the scheme keeps evolving every year, and the talent is consistently being replenished, but chances are that situation is unlikely, and the coach will eventually get tired of having to scheme everything perfectly for production, will hit walls when facing a tough defense, little chance of winning a shootout, which results in them seeking the opposite: a guy who has all the traits and arm talent that they can mold into an efficient QB with playmaking ability (see Jimmy G vs. Trey Lance). 

I know this is a long response and one a lot of you guys will hate. It is what it is. Just try to enjoy the ride without having to worry about whether Mike White is the long-term answer or not. Maybe he reverts to being a backup, maybe he signs with another team who tries to make him a long-term QB, maybe he makes a deal with the devil or joins the TB12 method and miraculously develops inherinet qualities that he currently doesn’t possess- I don’t know. But at the end of the day just hope that he wins and can keep the playoff hopes alive. If not, we’ll see what next week brings. 

This is a fair take. But if our defense continues playing the way it has, Mike white is good enough to get the job done.

Will he ever be a top 5 qb. No. but he can be in that 10-15 range. And that is better than anything we have had in a long long long time. With the way this team is being built, I’d say that’s good enough to have us competing in the playoffs.

MW doesn’t have the strongest arm. But it doesn’t seem to hold him back. He can still make all the throws, and does it smart, quickly and efficiently. 

MW can be a solid starter for us for the next couple of years, while still looking to upgrade if or when the right opportunity presents itself. (Like when chiefs traded up from 27 to 10 to grab mahomes even though they had a solid qb in Alex smith)

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That's the point, winners somehow always find a way to win. 

Your just going to keep saying this ? Because ?

White had no one open and receivers ran the wrong routes. The OL could not get us a half yard more than one time running the ball yet somehow Mike White was supposed to "Will" us to victory ? Maybe next time White can toss it to one of our WR's and run the damn route himself. 

The facts are our OL failed, our Running game failed, and our receivers dropped balls the entire damn game. If this was Zach playing it would have been considered the best game he ever played and I personally think White has played much better than this in his 5 starts for us. That being said he did his job and his receivers let him down. I don't expect as many close calls in future games and I also don't expect our offense to fail on so many levels inside the ten yard line as we saw on Sunday. 

Zach took his lumps from the fans because he outright sucked this does not have to be passed on to Mike White because Mike White knows how to play the position and gave us every chance to win yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

This is a fair take. But if our defense continues playing the way it has, Mike white is good enough to get the job done.

Will he ever be a top 5 qb. No. but he can be in that 10-15 range. And that is better than anything we have had in a long long long time. With the way this team is being built, I’d say that’s good enough to have us competing in the playoffs.

MW doesn’t have the strongest arm. But it doesn’t seem to hold him back. He can still make all the throws, and does it smart, quickly and efficiently. 

MW can be a solid starter for us for the next couple of years, while still looking to upgrade if or when the right opportunity presents itself. (Like when chiefs traded up from 27 to 10 to grab mahomes even though they had a solid qb in Alex smith)

You can't make this kind of prediction about a player after 5 starts the same way you can't make the prediction he's going to be a Hall Of Famer. 

This fan base should stop trying to compare him to every living QB that came before him as to how his career might turn out but it should ecstatic after his first 5 games.

Not to compare Stats because its silly  but somehow Tom Brady who is Slower and who is built very similar with very comparable attributes won a bucket load of SB's but Jets fans are arguing whether or not Mike White can be our starting QB for the next ten years based on one of the best starts by a Jets QB in the history of the damn franchise ?

Keep in mind really good QB's get better year to year so Imagine what White can be as he moves forward based on what he's done so far. And yes Mike White is a very good QB at this stage

7 hours ago, Wit said:

Chris Simms already setting the table today blaming the Jets for ruining Zach. Putting him in a place where he "cant get out of". He even invoked Geno Smith as an example. "It took 8 years for anyone to let him back on a football field". 

Its a joke. 

Simms is in full damage control and when I listen to some of these clowns it really makes me wonder if they are just willing the Jets to be a damn clown show.