Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?

Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2022 at 12:00 AM

Let's just cut to the chase.  Put up or shut up.

I believe the Jets starting QB next season will be someone who's not currently on the roster.  I don't believe Mike White is the long term solution.  Zach Wilson is a wild card.  IMO,  the book isn't closed on Zach yet, but he has a lot of work to do.  My hope is they sign a good veteran QB with proven success.  It's the final piece of the puzzle.  Time to stop d!cking around.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I want White to be the franchise savior but it seems highly unlikely. People keep bringing up his 300 yards passing. When you throw it that many times it’s not an accomplishment. Flacco threw for 900 yards in 3 games. Was Flacco good? Would you want him to be the starter next year? Hell no. We’ll see what happens the rest of the year, but I want a vet qb in here. 

I’m looking at Danny Dimes right now. Young, over 60 completion % every year, can run well, doesn’t throw a ton of picks, strong arm. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Let's just cut to the chase.  Put up or shut up.

I believe the Jets starting QB next season will be someone who's not currently on the roster.  I don't believe Mike White is the long term solution.  Zach Wilson is a wild card.  IMO,  the book isn't closed on Zach yet, but he has a lot of work to do.  My hope is they sign a good veteran QB with proven success.  It's the final piece of the puzzle.  Time to stop d!cking around.

Don't get me wrong.   I love Mike White (no homo).   Love the moxie.   love the composure.   But bottom line, he has all of the intangibles in spades.   But he doesn't have the natural ability to get it done in the tough situations with everything on the line.   2 shots inside the 20 with less than 3 minutes to go.   FQB finds a way to score there.   Even the drive where they go the TD on 4th and Goal.   Love the moxie and the drive to get it into the endzone, but damn, that was way more difficult to score than it should have been.   It's not like they were facing the Steal Curtain (or even the Purple People Eaters).   

He is good enough to make plays now and lead the team.   I just dont believe he is good enough to get over the top.   Hope he proves me wrong.   More than willing to ride the rest of this season with him.   This team is too good to waste on Pennington light.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

The anti-MW crowd is so desperate right now.  There are 5 games left in regular season and MW just gave us the 2 best QB performances this team has seen #SinceHimself.  Yet there are polls like this being posted (and there's also Fidelio trying to convince people that "MW deserves part of the blame yesterday" because he wasn't 100% perfect).  

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Mike White sure is easy to root for and I’m hoping he’s the guy, but my doubts increased yesterday because I want a  QB with “it”, and I’m fairly sure that a QB with “it” finds a way to get a TD with all of those opportunities at the end of the game. 

To be fair he kind of did with the Berrios drop but I 100% get your point, 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JiFields said:

What?  "No" is leading the votes.  WTF is wrong w/ this fanbase?  Who cares where the guy was drafted and maybe Zach has a stronger arm.  I honestly dont understand what people are missing here, this is unprecedented territory this dude is living in w/ his production.  Nobody does this and you guys are like, nah, I'm good, lets move on and hope to upgrade?  I dont even have the words to explain my confusion.

He’s also not signed after this year so that’s another factor to be considered. Unless we are announcing our franchise QBs for next year before he’s even signed? Again? Oh hell! 

• Upvote 1

I think he's the guy until we find the better guy.

I don't think he warrants a 5 year max deal, but he is someone we should re-sign for a year or two while we hope Zack comes to form or we draft / sign / trade for someone better.

Mike White is better than what we've had in a long time but we should be looking for something more in the meantime.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

MW has had 5 career starts and finished 4 of them, yet we have to "cut to the chase" and decide right now if he's the guy going forward?  

ZW has had 20 starts, yet many of us (including me) are still not sure either way about him (though the early signs are not good).

Exactly this. 

I’m also a guy who hasn’t closed the book on ZW after only 20 starts and believes he has some elite traits, but I find it fascinating that there are people who still want to give Zach more rope but are already willing to dump Mike White.  Just a bizarre take. 

• Upvote 2

Mike White sure is easy to root for and I’m hoping he’s the guy, but my doubts increased yesterday because I want a  QB with “it”, and I’m fairly sure that a QB with “it” finds a way to get a TD with all of those opportunities at the end of the game. 
So many good points here but would love to see him get a chance to finish the season and even get a playoff game so we can have a decent sample of game experience to judge this guy on... yes, he's only started a few games for a reason but at this point, we have to wait and see

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The anti-MW crowd is so desperate right now.  There are 5 games left in regular season and MW just gave us the 2 best QB performances this team has seen #SinceHimself.  Yet there are polls like this being posted (and there's also Fidelio trying to convince people that "MW deserves part of the blame yesterday" because he wasn't 100% perfect).  

I am not anti mike white. I’m pro jet and a realist. Let’s ride Mike White for the rest of the season to give him the best opportunity possible. Right now I think that many are comparing white to wilson and there is no doubt he is way better than wilson. In fact, white has played the best QB for the jets since Fitz. I think we’re all thirsty for solid QB play. God knows it’s been years since we had any. But let’s take a breath and let the season play out before we crown mike white the franchise QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

White is the best QB on the team as of now   in the mold of Pennington who was an ok QB

Don’t think he will be the QB on the team next year as White will be asking for more money than the Jets are willing to pay him and will let him walk as they don’t seem to truly believe in Whites abilities 

My feeling is, now with Jimmy G hurt ,the Jets will go after Danny Jones at QB (4 years 50 million 17-20 guaranteed structure so he can be cut with minimal cap damage in year 3) , draft a QB in the later rounds (possibly 3rd or 4th) retain Zach as the backup for one more year and see if he can be salvaged to some degree, then traded to get anything in return. Streveler returns to the practice squad

Don’t think Zach is in there long term plans unless there is a remarkable and I mean truly remarkable turnaround which at this time seems highly unlikely 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

MW has had 5 career starts and finished 4 of them, yet we have to "cut to the chase" and decide right now if he's the guy going forward?  

ZW has had 20 starts, yet many of us (including me) are still not sure either way about him (though the early signs are not good).

I think this is true.  We shouldn't be cutting to the chase yet.

But, unfortunately, at the end of this year the team is going to have to make a call.  I would love to have a 20+ game look into Mike White - but that's not going to happen.  There's 5 more regular season games left..

And the Jets are going to have make a decision on whether to bring in a Jimmy G. or Carr type - if they do that's the QB and Mike White is probably a back up on another roster.  Or roll with Mike White as the incumbent.  

In a perfect world you would have more time to judge. But we don't.

So it's okay to start looking at his performances from the lens of - is he the future.  We don't need to answer it yet, but will have to in 5 weeks (well hopefully more with playoffs)

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I am not anti mike white. I’m pro jet and a realist. Let’s ride Mike White for the rest of the season to give him the best opportunity possible. Right now I think that many are comparing white to wilson and there is no doubt he is way better than wilson. In fact, white has played the best QB for the jets since Fitz. I think we’re all thirsty for solid QB play. God knows it’s been years since we had any. But let’s take a breath and let the season play out before we crown mike white the franchise QB.

I'm not referring to you.  I'm referring to people asking questions like "Let's just cut to the chase.  Put up or shut up." after 2 MW starts.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think this is true.  We shouldn't be cutting to the chase yet.

But, unfortunately, at the end of this year the team is going to have to make a call.  I would love to have a 20+ game look into Mike White - but that's not going to happen.  There's 5 more regular season games left..

And the Jets are going to have make a decision on whether to bring in a Jimmy G. or Carr type - if they do that's the QB and Mike White is probably a back up on another roster.  Or roll with Mike White as the incumbent.  

In a perfect world you would have more time to judge. But we don't.

So it's okay to start looking at his performances from the lens of - is he the future.  We don't need to answer it yet, but will have to in 5 weeks (well hopefully more with playoffs)

It would almost be impossible for MW to win the starting job for next year in 2 starts.  The one thing we know for sure, though, is that MW hasn't played himself out of consideration. 

He's been between "very good" to "HOF-worthy" in 3 of his 5 starts. The early returns are that MW looks like a starting QB in this league but JD doesn't need to make any decisions right now.  So stop trying to play passive-aggressive game of "if you really trust him then put your cards on the table right now and say so". 

• Upvote 1