RB Michael Carter is Back

Just now, Rob Moore said:

Very good news.  Carter’s absence I think is being overlooked when talking about our RZ struggles last week.  Carter seems to have a nose for the goal line and his versatility in the RZ is impressive.

GREAT take on this.  I can remember early when Hall was starting to break out.  There was about 3 or 4 big runs by him that took us inside the 5 yard line.  Who mopped it up always?  Carter. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

GREAT take on this.  I can remember early when Hall was starting to break out.  There was about 3 or 4 big runs by him that took us inside the 5 yard line.  Who mopped it up always?  Carter. 

I think that was more due to Hall making big runs to get us there and the CS taking him out to catch his breath. None the less, MC scored 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This is good. It would be nice if MLF can devise some two back sets with both him and Knight in the backfield. 

Why would you want to take a TE or WR off the field?  The Jets OL is not good enough to remove a blocker for an extra RB.  I can see 1-1 and 1-0 and 1-2 personnel groupings, but I don't see the point of running much 2-0, 2-1 or 2-2 and the Jets fairly do it - for obvious reasons.  What advantage would that serve and why take one of Wilson, Davis, Moore, Mims, Conklin off the field to play Carter and Knight together?

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Why would you want to take a TE or WR off the field?  The Jets OL is not good enough to remove a blocker for an extra RB.  I can see 1-1 and 1-0 and 1-2 personnel groupings, but I don't see the point of running much 2-0, 2-1 or 2-2 and the Jets fairly do it - for obvious reasons.  What advantage would that serve and why take one of Wilson, Davis, Moore, Mims, Conklin off the field to play Carter and Knight together?

We had a lot of success with the 2 RB formation before Breece got injured.

34 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Both Carter and Knight are threats to run and catch the ball. MC is also not the best blocker but he can help on a double team if needed. It basically gives the defense a bunch of stuff to watch. I mean I thought this was kind of obvious. 

On 12/7/2022 at 2:11 PM, CanadaSteve said:

I hope its BAM as the lead back, Carter as the 2nd back, and Ty Johnson as 3rd.  

Can you IMAGINE next year?  BAM, Carter, AND Hall?  Wow....

With that lineup, even Vinny Testaverde’s niece could play QB!