Subtle But Profound Difference between Zach & Mike!

51 minutes ago, Biggs said:

There may be something to this.  If there is I have a lot more respect for Zach's advisors than Jets management.   If the team isn't looking out for the health of the players, a player who puts his health first is doing the right thing not the team.  

It turns out the Jets put Mike White at risk when the prudent move was to put him on the shelf.  

What you say may be true if and only if White wasn't injured on the second time he suffered a significant hit and the Jets then didn't miss a micro-injury.....

If they let him play injured that is a no/no....

16 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Past failures (being "waived 5 times") do not guarantee future failure any more than "once going 18 for 18 in a bowl game" (Saleh cited this today, LOL) guarantees (or meaningfully predicts) any kind of NFL success.

MW has been playing better football than ZW.

Neutral observers (e.g. non-Jet fans) can see this clear as day.

Kapono hasn't been waived (yet) because was the #2 overall pick.  He "won" the draft process.

Brock Purdy is 3-0.  He's 1-0 vs Tom Brady.  Brady is 0-1 v Purdy.  It doesn't mean sh-t.

If you like numbers, the QB you prefer has 4 TD passes and 5 INT in 7 games, 55% comp rate, and 43.2 QBR.

everyone see's it.

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

You got stats for that?Not disagreeing. Just want to verify. 

No - will try and find that if it exists. It's just from watching both games.  Zach was coming off the first Pats game where he held the ball too long. He made a point of getting it out fast and being more decisive. MW held the ball during the Bills game quite a bit and gave up a few sacks instead of throwing the ball away and was less decisive. It's pretty easy to see for yourself if you watch both games. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

No - will try and find that if it exists. It's just from watching both games.  Zach was coming off the first Pats game where he held the ball too long. He made a point of getting it out fast and being more decisive. MW held the ball during the Bills game quite a bit and gave up a few sacks instead of throwing the ball away and was less decisive. It's pretty easy to see for yourself if you watch both games. 

Nania might have it. Jets X factor. Report back. ?

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We wouldn't be 1-2 with him at QB if he had some measurable "impact" on the team. 

Yeah, any time you are presented with the opportunity to play the worst quarterback in the league because you managed to drag him to 5 wins this season, you HAVE to take that chance.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

White has been waived 5 times in his career, with more INTs than TDs, a losing record and a history of getting hurt when given the chance . He doesn't have the luxury to be anything but tough. That's the difference.

With all due respect, and I'm really not trying to be an a$$hole, but you guys really gotta stop with that win-loss record stuff in a game like Football. If I didn't know any better I'd say your favorite baseball players are middle relievers being that they rack up nonsensical wins all day long. Or a hockey goalie with a winning record and .880 save % and a 4.25 GAA. It doesn't help the argument at all. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

With all due respect, and I'm really not trying to be an a$$hole, but you guys really gotta stop with that win-loss record stuff in a game like Football. If I didn't know any better I'd say your favorite baseball players are middle relievers being that they rack up nonsensical wins all day long. Or a hockey goalie with a winning record and .880 save % and a 4.25 GAA. It doesn't help the argument at all. 

So you're going to also ignore the 8tds and 10 ints? 

Either way, this is QB, not WR. So yeah, wins and losses matter when you aren't putting up big QB numbers.  

Not saying white can't win or that Wilson is better,  just that at some point if wants to be a teams number he has to win games,  put up big numbers and stay healthy. 

So far, all he's done is prove the he's better than Zach. So far.....

58 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, any time you are presented with the opportunity to play the worst quarterback in the league because you managed to drag him to 5 wins this season, you HAVE to take that chance.

You realize white is hurt? No one is saying Wilson deserved to get the job back.  But you consistently fail to comprehend what other posters say.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you're going to also ignore the 8tds and 10 ints? 

Either way, this is QB, not WR. So yeah, wins and losses matter when you aren't putting up big QB numbers.  

Not saying white can't win or that Wilson is better,  just that at some point if wants to be a teams number he has to win games,  put up big numbers and stay healthy. 

So far, all he's done is prove the he's better than Zach. So far.....

I will give credit to nearly every stat except W/L. I also think TDs/INTs work themselves out over the year. Some INTs are because of bad WRs and sometimes a safety drops and easy one. It all comes out in the wash. JMO. 

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Zach Wilson also has more interceptions than touchdowns, a career losing record and an injury history as well. 

only difference is ZW was #2 overall pick. 

That's a great point.........IFif I was arguing that Wilson is better than White.

I am in no way saying that. Just saying that a former 6th round pick that has been waived 5 times needs to do better than he has if he wants to be a teams franchise QB. His resume can't be "I am better than Zach Wilson when I manage to stay healthy." 

Maybe Zach sucks this week, White comes back and leads us to a playoff with some monster games. Great. Then he will get consideration to be our future QB or some other teams. Until then he is what he is. A player that some team will bring in as a backup or as a bridge for a young QB. No other team is bringing him in to be their franchise QB off of what they have seen.....so far.  

White has been waived 5 times in his career, with more INTs than TDs, a losing record and a history of getting hurt when given the chance . He doesn't have the luxury to be anything but tough. That's the difference.

in Zachs Career he has more INTs than TDs, a losing record and a history of getting hurt. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I will give credit to nearly every stat except W/L. I also think TDs/INTs work themselves out over the year. Some INTs are because of bad WRs and sometimes a safety drops and easy one. It all comes out in the wash. JMO. 

Maybe it will. But that is why he needs to be a "warrior" like OP said. He NEEDS to play through an injury to show the league what he has because as of now I am guessing there isn't a single NFL GM that wants White to be their franchise QB. He NEEDS to prove himself and play through injuries. 
No one is saying it's fair, it's just the reality of every 27 year old QB with his pedigree/history.  When he gets his chance he needs to hold on for dear life. In both his chances he has flashed but also had some meh games and then gotten injured. 

• Upvote 1

Isn’t everything but the waived part also true of Wilson for his career? Lots of similarities to end in “that’s the difference.”

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes I saw the merge but this really isn’t a post about Wilson starting but rather the hidden message we can see that coach Saleh has sent…..

Hmmmmmm remember when Zach was hurt during preseason and then Saleh suggested that he could play.

It was extremely notable to anyone that Zach’s personal doctors were disagreeing with Jets Docs who were obviously telling Saleh that Zach could play if he could withstand the pain. Zach’s decision was then to come back only when he was “100%”  which made Saleh as well as the organization look bad.  

Juxtapose that against Mike Freakin White who was told by Jets doctors that he literally couldn’t play.  But then White since that Jet diagnosis has been scouring the NFL for ANY DOCTOR in America who would say that he should be permitted to play!

That right there at the end of the day is the whole thing in a nutshell, and why Mike Freakin White is looked at as a “Warrior” by his teammates and coaches and why Zach is just Zach right now….. 

Lets Go Jets!!

It's called survival in trying to keep a starting job on an NFL team. 

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

your caricature of mike white is not reflective of the man, the qb, the team mate that he currently is. You are trying to dismiss him and paint him in a negative light. Mike white is the first damn capable qb we have had since penny and you crap on him. You crap on our team. You there fore are well....

make no mistake i do not demean anyone for the journey they have taken to better them selves or just have taken to get where ever they may be.

your statements of fact are not wrong, although I have not looked at the numbers. But I do know he threw a couple picks where davis popped it up and he made a desperation play at the end of the bills game after Berrios dropped the game winner. for you to add it all up like he is just throwing the ball to other team like Wilson is a gross miss statement on the facts. I want to call it fraud. 

Maybe you should be JoJoMcFraudSell for your ridiculous post. Then your absolute arrogance when I call you out, pretending like you don't know what you are doing. It is embarrassing. You should be embarrassed. 

He is a not only valuable but he is a valuable piece in our teams future. While you and these comments are left best in the past. maybe log off for a while Chief.

what a ridiculous post. its like you took criticism of mike white personally. you " mike white cant do no wrong" crew are out of control. off the charts.  except for a coupla guys, everyone here thinks Wilson sucks. hell, he looked like he was drunk during the last pats game. but they are not ready to march last years #2 pick out to the 50 and put a bullet in him. not yet. and yes, mike white was playing a lot better than Wilson. 

with that said, every game Wilson either single handedly lost or was carried to victory .which might be true to some extent. unlike mike white who cant do no wrong.  crushed a bare shelf Chicago defense. Sure, give him that. you have your games all mixed up. you blame Berrios for a "dropped pass" for the reason they lost. pass hit him in is armpit as he was sliding. could of been caught? sure. should of been caught? 50/50. it was an awkward catch to make and not a good throw. never mind that the jets got the ball back and basically had 1st and goal at the 19. what did white do? threw 2 incompletions and 2 interceptions. first one was dropped. then the bills game was ended by white throwing 5 straight incompletions. he gets all the glory and none of the blame for going 1-2.  maybe YOU should log off for awhile.

• Upvote 1