This is not on Zach.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach’s ceiling is overrated. His highlight reel is a bunch of roll-right, launch a punt downfield and hope someone comes down with it. 

Insightful post that will get lost in the sauce of desperado pro-Wilson comments 

Basically, zero tight window throws today combined with costly misses of open WRs

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

White did enough to win against Minnesota, too, but I don't recall seeing too many threads suggesting that.

This is ridiculous. We are being sucked into a black hole of absurdity arguing with people who are convinced Zach Wilson is a good QB because he shows a flash every now and then.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

White Headz  were falling over themselves to talk about what a good game it was.  

Yes, we like productive QBs around here.  Not guys who manage two second half yards (77 total) against a division rival and end up a healthy scratch for nearly a month.  Crazy, right?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's as if people forget how obnoxious the Zach defenders have been for months.  Most have hidden away in their caves by now, yes.  But my bloodlust desire for their schadenfreude remains.  And it falls on, like you say, those 4 people still hanging around.

The Zach defenders have couched their Mike White slander with “Obviously, Zach deserved to get benched but…” 

• Haha 3

The bottom line, Zach played an up and down game, made throws, missed throws, threw a pick. He did enough to earn a W, but he gets the L. Had the team up by 4 with 4 minutes left to play, the D, specifically Mosley dragged the wrong way and gave up the lead. Now, Wilson completed the pass to Moore and the Jets at least had a chance to tie the game. Yes, he missed the pass to Berrios. Here’s the thing to be fair: The last 2 weeks, Jets were down 1 score as well and White failed to put the team ahead/tie the game. Let’s be fair, Zach is easy to dump on, but White gets the same blame as well if your going to tear him apart for end of game performance.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Overall the team is meh, reflected in their 7-7 record.  The past 4 games are a good indicator of where they are - can’t beat the real good teams, beat the bad teams and the games against comparable teams are a toss up.  
Today the jets did not cause a turnover and gave up a special teams td.  The d gave up a killer td when they could have saved the season with one stop vs lions at home. The coaches also sucked today.  If the only way to overcome all this is for any qb to play perfect ball that’s not a reasonable formula to win.  

Not perfect, merely competent and competitive . Wilson can’t do that.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Coquito said:

This is ridiculous. We are being sucked into a black hole of absurdity arguing with people who are convinced Zach Wilson is a good QB because he shows a flash every now and then.

Just curious which poster said "Zach is a good QB". I guess it's easier to win arguments when create phantom statements to shoot down. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just curious which poster said "Zach is a good QB". I guess it's easier to win arguments when create phantom statements to shoot down. 

Did I initiate a conversation with you? If I did, I'm sorry. 

I'm not looking to win arguments, either. I simply perceive and then attempt to articulate my perceptions. 

Just now, Bugg said:

Not perfect, merely competent and competitive . Wilson can’t do that.

Wilson throwing for 317 2tds and 1int is competitive and competent. Wilson has been horrible at times, if not most of this year. Today was not one of those days. 

Again, this is not an endorsement of Zach as a good QB or our future Franchise QB. It's just the reality of what happened today. A horrible INT and a few missed throws is why he is a problem. But to say he wasn't competitive today is just stupid. 

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's as if people forget how obnoxious the Zach defenders have been for months.  Most have hidden away in their caves by now, yes.  But my bloodlust desire for their schadenfreude remains.  And it falls on, like you say, those 4 people still hanging around.

If he has a OK game in 2027 coming on in relief as the backup to the Raiders or something you can be sure they will re-emerge like earthworms after rain.

Don’t fall for the inevitable evocation of the mercy rule (“he’s not even a Jet anymore, let it go!”)… they’re just biding their time. Boots on throats. Forever.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Wilson throwing for 317 2tds and 1int is competitive and competent. Wilson has been horrible at times, if not most of this year. Today was not one of those days. 

Again, this is not an endorsement of Zach as a good QB or our future Franchise QB. It's just the reality of what happened today. A horrible INT and a few missed throws is why he is a problem. But to say he wasn't competitive today is just stupid. 

I’m way more disappointed in the coaches today than wilson.  That game should have gone to OT.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’m way more disappointed in the coaches today than wilson.  That game should have gone to OT.

Defense can't give up that long TD. 

Special teams can't give up another TD. 

Coaches made mistakes

And Zach made one horrible decision and a few horrible passes. 

This loss isn't on Zach. Like most losses, it was a team loss. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He wasn't great today.  I don't see anyone making that claim..but there are many claiming he was the sole reason they lost and he was terrible.  He was not.

He wasn't terrible, he wasn't the sole reason they lost.  He had stretches where he struggles to complete a pass - it worrisome (he tends to do that and it needs to be fixed) but he also made key plays when it mattered and gave the team a chance to win.

You what to tell me - what he showed today doesn't make me confident he can play well from the pocket and be our QB of the future.  I won't argue that point.  He continues a disturbing trend of have full quarters where he completely breaks down.

But we're talking about this game, not his body of work or his future prospects.

He was good when he needed to be today.  315 yards, two TD's, gave them a 4 point lead late in the 4th and then when the D couldn't hold on - he put them in FG range with seconds on the clock. 

Telling me he was terrible today is beyond absurd.

1 - I never said this loss is solely on him. I don't know why you would bring that up when the first thing I said was that he shared some of the responsability, noy all.

2 - He left plays on the field pretty much all game. Missed a bunch of open guys. Being 50% completion isn't good enough (he was lower in the second half). Any who says sub 50% is not terrible needs some strong context to support that statement. There was nothing to justify it today. If he plays consistently, this does not come down to a long field goal at the end.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I felt like he was doing a good job staying in the pocket today but it was weirdly enough not the game to be hanging out in the pocket.

I agree, he didn't 'give up' on plays as much, which is good. He still needs to handle pressure better though. White is thr other extreme, he will step up and deliver, even though he gets pumeled...

2 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Zach made enough plays to win the game. What the hell was that time management at the end? After that big play to GW, call a timeout and reset. The OL did no favors today in the running game and when it mattered most the protection was dogsh*t.

And he made enough plays to contribute to the loss. 

He has zero touch. He is constantly looking now at the pass rush instead of receivers, and I don’t think he has any idea how to exploit an NFL defense. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

White did enough to win against Minnesota on the road.  Yet I don't recall seeing too many threads suggesting that.

Issue is that MW cooks a bad Detroit secondary today with precision. Not a question in my mind. We win by 10+. Defense was letdown by inconsistent offensive play. Defense on the field too much — especially first half. That matters at the end of the game. 

• Upvote 3