This is not on Zach.

Just now, xJayce said:

I've been thinking about this as well... Given how different these two QBs are, I don't think it would make sense to head into next year with MW and ZW as whatever permutation of 1 and 2 that you want. You almost need two completely different game plans at that point. 

True and it’s got to be frustrating for the OL in particular.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

He looked inept in the first half?????

He made 2 great throws in the 1st half. What else? 

As much as I try to support the guy I fully understand why some of the more staunch detractors of Zach get so pissed at posters like you now.....

This is elite level gaslighting 

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

Zach Wilson was mediocre against a bad defense.  He played good the 1st half and then sh*tty the 2nd half.  He is who he is and if Mike White can play next week then he should be.

Not to at least 30 % of posters here.  Mike White balls out against the Bears and its "just the Bears".  Zach has a C or C+ game against an even worse Detroit D, at home, and it's "he's making progress".

F this franchise and a whole bunch of its fans.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Wilson is who he is.  You’re not going to see anything different on Thursday when they probably lose.  It will be interesting to see what they do with mike white in the offseason, who really can’t stay healthy.

Yes

It’s the same sh-t every time essentially, only a matter of degrees and variance 

Saleh and Douglas need to decide whether they think this style of QB play can produce a championship 

8 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Only a child's mind would be so limited to believe that because Detroit (who has a fabulous offense) made one GREAT play and call late in the game "when it matters most" (?), it means the game is on the defense, who made plays all day long and gave up 10 legitimate points in 60 minutes. It's all that one play. Because that dismisses the 20 terrible plays Zach made consistently throughout the entire contest, I guess? Just mind boggling mental gymnastics 

Only a dbag wouldn’t blame the D for coughing up a lead w 2 mins left, and Zach got us in position to get a FG to tie… merhinks u the child… again I just want to victory I don’t care what quarterback is I just don’t blame them for every little thing

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, xJayce said:

I've been thinking about this as well... Given how different these two QBs are, I don't think it would make sense to head into next year with MW and ZW as whatever permutation of 1 and 2 that you want. You almost need two completely different game plans at that point. 

Or maybe an OC that can understand a simple concept such as calling a game that suits the strengths of the guy under center???

MLF is the type of guy to call the same type of game for Lamar Jackson as he would Tom Brady....because, you know, the system!!!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Totally agree ... The pick was atrocious ... But he had enough astounding plays to balance himself to a C+ .. B- grade. Without his ability ... That OLine gives us a 35-7 loss

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He needed to be much better than C+ against a bottom-3 pass D in a must-win game at home.  Go away.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Larz said:

I wouldn’t cut him or trade him but the 2023 job is up for grabs if I’m the coach 

If we want to disqualify Mike White from consideration because if his repeated injuries, and we disqualify Zach because he’s simply awful, we’re really in no man’s land at the QB spot. They really have to make a call on spending another summer wasting time on either of them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LSJF said:

Only a dbag wouldn’t blame the D for coughing up a lead w 2 mins left, and Zach got us in position to get a FG to tie… merhinks u the child… again I just want to victory I don’t care what quarterback is I just don’t blame them for every little thing

Go check in with your parents. Your Kraft Mac and cheese is almost ready.

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He needed to be much better than C+ against a bottom-3 pass D in a must-win game at home.  Go away.  

The problem is that the d, special teams and coaching all choked as well.  Today’s loss has a TON of blame to go around.  

Go ask the jet defense if they blame wilson for this loss.  They are probably livid they gave up that touchdown.

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Yea man im a zach wilson supporting hold out.

I just watched a game where zach sucked it up soooooo bad. Yea he had a few nice big throw but for every nice throw he had 2 mystery throw that left me head scratching….. thats it im done personally Ive reached the point where I agree this kid is a bust and will never be good.

And they blame sally?????? Not his best but this is the first game i can scold sale so he isnt the problem its that pos zach

Your turn on the apology thread merry-go-round.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He lost. 

You and many others have been trashing Mike White all week for being 1-2.  It's Zach's turn to take some "unfair" blame for an L if folks here are going to just refuse to evaluate the QB's evenly.

Mike White’s never lost a home game in the heat of a playoff race. These are the FACTS. Need to go with winners only. 

• Upvote 2

He is not blameless. The easy misses have to get corrected if he’s going to be a starter in this league. Many think they will get corrected because you see some of the throws which have unreal ball placement, but it still hurts today. 

Overall it was a sloppy game offense defense special teams. Defense played bend not break but broke in the worst possible spot. Offensive line is a real problem- Duane Brown is getting worse by the week specifically in the run game. Berrios played like he was on crack today- lots of mental lapses. But have to give the Lions credit- they are a good football team. I think the explosive plays are the only reason we kept it close

57 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you talking about his career or game today?

If you're taking about games - NFL games are like this - QB's are up and down through games.  Was Zach great today, of course not.  after the INT he fell apart again...but he found his footing again when it mattered.

Did Zach do enough to win the game? absolutely.   He had the team in a position to win - D needed a stop. 

Zach, made the plays he needed to make when he needed to make them.  that's just the realty.

So I say, could he have been better - for sure.  What he "the reason they lost" absolutely not.

I can’t listen to this. Mike White had the team within one score of beating the Vikings and Bills on the road and all I heard was “welp, 1 and 2.” Now you want to make excuses for Zach Wilson—who put up the same statustical performance as a JUGS machine would—and it’s “ah, he’s one or two plays away.”

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, SR24 said:

315 2tds and 1 int is enough to win. Coaching staff pissed this game away. Saleh can’t manage the clock, MLF is a terrible play caller, Berrios can’t do anything this year, Mann is horrendous and Zach can’t make simple throws. What a sh*t show. They only moved the ball when Zach was outside the pocket yet MLF keeps trying to keep him in the pocket 

I see... We're going only with a stat line... Well played, boxscore warrior!

Who says that stat line is enough to win? Flacco had very similar stats and the team was not winning.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

I just think we need to recalibrate our expectations a bit.   Today we played with the usual banged up O line, two of our top 4 receivers, and our best running back.  Oh yeah, we also played without our best defensive player and with our backup QB.   And that’s how we should think about Zach Wilson.   He is our backup QB.   Yes I think Mike White wins this game going away.   It makes sense since he is our starter.   For a second string QB I though Zach Wilson gave us a decent chance to win the game.  That’s really all you can ask or expect.   A ridiculous breakdown on defense (it was really such a shock that they ran play action on 4th and inches with under two minutes left that there was no defender anywhere to be found on a  50 yard run?) and the worst clock management by a HC that I have ever seen.   Enough blame to go around but I wouldn’t pin it on our backup QB who gave USA good chance to win.  

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It didn't move the needle for a franchise that desperately seems to want to honor a sunken cost.  That's bad news in my book.

We're right back where we started:  Ball out against Jacksonville or fall flat on his face:  Anything in the middle and we're that much closer to being stuck in no-man's land in 2023.

I completely agree with the fact that purgatory is the worst spot to be in.

QB purgatory is more lethal than if your guy is just flat out terrible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, xJayce said:

I see... We're going only with a stat line... Well played, boxscore warrior!

Who says that stat line is enough to win? Flacco had very similar stats and the team was not winning.

It should be enough to win but can’t be when you’re getting 38 rushing yards from the other part of your offense.  Averaged less than 10 rushing yds a quarter cmon man ???

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If we want to disqualify Mike White from consideration because if his repeated injuries, and we disqualify Zach because he’s simply awful, we’re really in no man’s land at the QB spot. They really have to make a call on spending another summer wasting time on either of them.

How jetsy right ? ?

Can’t go into 2023 with these 2 Fighting it out hoping something amazing happens lol. 

will be very interesting to see between minschew and MW who gets starter money