Let's Talk Jets Vs Seahawks

This is a young team still learning how to win. Good teams get that all wins don’t need to be pretty. I’m just not sure that they’re at the point where they understand that winning ugly is OK.
If the players think that they can ONLY be victorious if MW is great, then I’m sorry, it’s going to be long Sunday afternoon. EVERYONE needs to play great.

The season is on the line. Next week’s game only means something if they win this Sunday. So, I truly hope that their minds are 100% focused on the task at hand.

Let’s enjoy the ride!

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Geno: 212 yards, 3 INTs. Spooked by the Jets unis.

MFW: 36/45, 427 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT. Spurs a metric ton of posts about how those aren’t “real stats” because some of those yards came on RAC but those same posters will then go on and on about how we have to give $150 million to Derek Carr and his shiny TD:INT ratio in a variety of 6-10 seasons. 

If MW does half of that, I am more than happy to go into next season with him as the guy, and not spend money on an alternate version of him that the team doesn't already love and doesnt know the system. MFW, go win the next two games, run the offense efficiently, and he should be the guy next year

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

MFW: 36/45, 427 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT. Spurs a metric ton of posts about how those aren’t “real stats” because some of those yards came on RAC but those same posters will then go on and on about how we have to give $150 million to Derek Carr and his shiny TD:INT ratio in a variety of 6-10 seasons. 

Sounds like another "fluke" of a game for Mike White.

MFW = Mike "Fluke" White

• Haha 3

Geno has one of the best RTG ratings in the NFL this season.  His completion % is 71%

Have no idea how Sunday’s game will go.  Traveling across the country to play a west coast team is always a challenge.  

Really hoping for a win..as we all are..to enjoy a do or die last game v the Fins.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Geno has one of the best RTG ratings in the NFL this season.  His completion % is 71%

Have no idea how Sunday’s game will go.  Traveling across the country to play a west coast team is always a challenge.  

Really hoping for a win..as we all are..to enjoy a do or die last game v the Fins.

If the OL holds up reasonably well, we win this game going away.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Andy Samberg Art GIF by The Lonely Island

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

No. We can still beat the dolphins and get in if the pats lose out and Steelers/Titans don’t jump us. 

You sure?  Phins win this week and we lose and they are two games ahead of us thus we do not beat them.

If the pats win and we lose they are a game ahead of us and we lose the tie breaker.

Pretty sure we have to win both.

Just now, PepPep said:

If the pats end the season 7-10 and the jets end the season 8-9, the jets miss the playoffs? Even if the dolphins end the season 8-9 as well? Having been swept by the jets?  

But miami would have beaten the pats and they are already up one game on us.  If they go win they are 9-7 and we cannot catch them.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And by the "IK" in Mike White's first name.  

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Heyyyyy, almost forgot. Shout out to my Jamal Adams homies. Big week for you guys! Revenge game!

cc: @Jetsfan80

@ZachEY

Never mind Adams.  It's a revenge game for Geno and the Jets have not played well against Pete Carroll's Seahawks, especailly in Seattle.  Jets are staring at four consecutive losses to Seattle since 2008 and three of them were played at Seattle: Lost by 10, lost by 21, lost by 10, lost by 37.

This game is going to be tough to win. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is such a funny take. I have a very different one. 

This will be another close, defensive, slog it out game with FGs and field position playing a big factor. 

Geno probably won’t throw any pics. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if the jets kept him from throwing any TDs. 

Both teams will want to come out and establish the run. Although the jets will probably want to get White going so we may see MLF put together some easy throws for him early.

I think White will struggle more than shine in this game. But it doesn’t mean he can’t put together a solid performance. And it doesn’t mean he can’t win. 

I think the Hawks injuries, the desperation of the game and MW coming back puts us over the top and we get the W.  20-16 or something in that range.