Let's Talk Jets Vs Seahawks

On 12/25/2022 at 5:38 PM, pointman said:

Mike White adds another W to his plethora of W's this year. All one of them.

He has one win.  Give the Minnesota loss to Berrios and the Buffalo loss to Moseley and the offensive line who didn't protect for spit.  If the rest of the team played as well as White, he would be 3-0.  That includes 2 of the top 5 power ranked teams in the game.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 3

6 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

He has one win.  Give the Minnesota loss to Berrios and the Buffalo loss to Moseley and the offensive line who didn't protect for spit.  If the rest of the team played as well as White, he would be 3-0.  That includes 2 of the top 5 power ranked teams in the game.

Mike White mafia piling up the victims ?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Jets get all the help they need from other teams in Week 16 plus White gets cleared to play.... this has soul crushing Jet loss written all over it. 

Geno with a late 4th-qtr drive to stab the hearts of all we Jets fans who weren't nice.

10 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Now do Zac Wilson and the wins he would have if there were no kick return tds, bad plays by mosey, drops, bad oline play.

This is the issue with the Wilson is an utter bum but White is a hero theme on these forums.  The QBs are not painted with the same brush.

White is a better QB by a fair bit right now, still he has not thown a td pass in his last two key starts has gotten a total of 34 points scored and lost both games.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Now do Zac Wilson and the wins he would have if there were no kick return tds, bad plays by mosey, drops, bad oline play.

This is the issue with the Wilson is an utter bum but White is a hero theme on these forums.  The QBs are not painted with the same brush.

White is a better QB by a fair bit right now, still he has not thown a td pass in his last two key starts has gotten a total of 34 points scored and lost both games.  

not sure I understand your point.

Is it 1) White and Wilson are relatively equal in skill/ if your "brush" is used

or 2) that this forum is too pro-White and needs to simmer down,

or 3) White is just a little better than Wilson but you guys are too excited about MW for your own good. 

Help me understand.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, WILLY said:

Is it 1) White and Wilson are relatively equal in skill/ if your "brush" is used

or 3) White is just a little better than Wilson but you guys are too excited about MW for your own good. 

Help me understand.

IMO, It’s a bit of all 3. Mostly #3, some #2 and just a bit of #1. 

1. MW and ZW are very different types of QBs with different skill sets. Zach is not ready to play at the NFL level. MW is. Right now MW is easily the better QB. Everyone on here can agree. 

2. IMO this forum should be super pro MW. He is our only chance at a playoff run. BUT, there’s a lot of fans on here making him out to be something he’s not. Saying the Jets need to make a priority to resign him, etc., etc. And yes, they probably should simmer down because he’s really not that good, can’t stay healthy and hasn’t proven much in the NFL. 

3. He’s considerably better than Zach. But I’m not sure why people keep comparing the two. Zach is benched! For the rest of the season! MW is a FA. Unless we make the playoffs he’s only a jet for two more games. And yes Jet fans seem to be way too excited about him. Like he’s the second coming. He’s not. That. Good. I will be rooting for him and for the jets but I would not be surprised if the Jets lost one of their last two games with a sub-par performance from White. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, WILLY said:

Help me understand.

To the point that the people that are so pro White and Anti Wilson use the exact same metrics to blast one guy and give the other guy a pass to the point of illogic.

Defense is to blame for games White lost but not to blame for any games Wilson lost.

Points and tds pass are not important when talking about White but are very important when talking about Wilson.

Wins and losses are not important.  Playing vs backup QBs and poor teams are reasons why Wilson wins games, White plays against a terrible teams with a backup and he is a hero.

Wins, points, td passes, oline play, running game, special teams, defense, turnovers are important or they are not important.  They are either used as excuse for bad qb play or they are not.  But that is not what happens here.

Back to the 1st point, the fact that Wilson sucks does not mean Mike White is a great Qb, his results are not there to the point to be jumping two feet into the White is our QB bandwagon.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

To the point that the people that are so pro White and Anti Wilson use the exact same metrics to blast one guy and give the other guy a pass to the point of illogic.

Defense is to blame for games White lost but not to blame for any games Wilson lost.

Points and tds pass are not important when talking about White but are very important when talking about Wilson.

Wins and losses are not important.  Playing vs backup QBs and poor teams are reasons why Wilson wins games, White plays against a terrible teams with a backup and he is a hero.

Wins, points, td passes, oline play, running game, special teams, defense, turnovers are important or they are not important.  They are either used as excuse for bad qb play or they are not.  But that is not what happens here.

Back to the 1st point, the fact that Wilson sucks does not mean Mike White is a great Qb, his results are not there to the point to be jumping two feet into the White is our QB bandwagon.

When one QB is productive and the other is not, its silly to blame everyone else when we lose.  Poor QB play infects the whole team. 

The defense and running game carried Wilson to those first 5 wins, did it not?  Eventually your # 2 overall picked QB has to do something to lift the team.  Wilson never did.  So blaming the D for the losses with Zach under center just makes no sense to me.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When one QB is productive and the other is not, its silly to blame everyone else when we lose.  Poor QB play infects the whole team. 

The defense and running game carried Wilson to those first 5 wins, did it not?  Eventually your # 2 overall picked QB has to do something to lift the team.  Wilson never did.  So blaming the D for the losses with Zach under center just makes no sense to me.

That goes for MW too ? LaFluer, berrios, the o-line, the refs, none of that is a good excuse if it doesn’t go well for Elvis, obviously. He’s different, he can lift the whole team 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Coquito said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

It isn't a bad thing to dislike him as a QB or even hate the guy, nothing wrong at all.

What is wrong is using arguments to condemn one QB and then using the same arguments to defend a guy you favor.

Despite overall being a terrible QB Wilson does a couple of things well.

Despite getting all the love White does some things poorly.

I'm totally fine with Wilson never playing another snap for the jets.

I am not fine with just handing Mike White the starters job as if he has done great things in his limited action and does everything well.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/25/2022 at 11:19 AM, bitonti said:

All the Zach and mw stuff aside this is a 3000 plus mile road trip and only good programs can make that trip and come away with a win. The jets are not really a good enough program right now. This was a schedule loss when they drew it up 

Of course the Jets are not a very good program, they never are, outside of the few years with Parcells. For all the time spent on screaming at the young QB's who fail, the real ire of the fan base should be at the sh*t program we root for. Good programs get good QB's

I will probably get killed for this, but in the battle of quarterbacks, who would you really rather have?  MW or Geno?   Lets be real here; Geno has had an outstanding season and if he were the Jets quarterback what might our record be???    Obviously he is not, but I just making the point; I know we really need to win but Seattle has historically been a house of horrors for this team.  I know he is joke to this fan base, but he has resurrected his career in Seattle and has had some tremendous passing games.   

Lets not act like this is some walk in the park.  I do expect us to win if, and this is a humongus if, if we can control the line of scrimmage and dominate in the run game.  As was stated by another poster, Seattles run defense has been total trash so far. 

Of course that means MLF will have MW pass 40 plus times.....   

I say that in jest, but I will really be watching the play calling by MLF.  To me, HE is on the HOT SEAT this game.   This is a game we should be able to score some points.   He can't use ZW for an excuse for not getting us in the End Zone or hell, having sustainable drives that end in points.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/25/2022 at 5:47 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Both teams are ice cold and on losing streaks and have had seasons that have almost run parallel to each other. Both just barely hanging onto playoff hopes that will be ended with a loss.

Should be an interesting game. 

Yeah and one is at home, the other flying 3000 miles across the country....   I am worried about this game.  Everyone and I do mean EVERYONE on this team needs to step up and play their best game of the season.  

EDIT:  That includes the coaches who need to bring their A games as well.  

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I will probably get killed for this, but in the battle of quarterbacks, who would you really rather have?  MW or Geno?   Lets be real here; Geno has had an outstanding season and if he were the Jets quarterback what might our record be???    Obviously he is not, but I just making the point; I know we really need to win but Seattle has historically been a house of horrors for this team.  I know he is joke to this fan base, but he has resurrected his career in Seattle and has had some tremendous passing games.   

Lets not act like this is some walk in the park.  I do expect us to win if, and this is a humongus if, if we can control the line of scrimmage and dominate in the run game.  As was stated by another poster, Seattles run defense has been total trash so far. 

I say that in jest, but I will really be watching the play calling by MLF.  To me, HE is on the HOT SEAT this game.   This is a game we should be able to score some points.   He can't use ZW for an excuse for not getting us in the End Zone or hell, having sustainable drives that end in points.  

That's great and all but Seattle has a superior offense to ours. Better QB, better running backs, better oline, better wide receivers. 

23 hours ago, Tezza said:

Walker scares me, we need the D to step up on the rush

Walker has had a good rookie season, but he is currently injured and it looks like a young (but up and coming) offensive line will be down their RT Abraham Lucas.  The one benefit to playing on Thursday is that the team has had a few extra days of rest and the DL in particular needs to have a great game Sunday and that involves shutting walker down. 

To me Lockett is far more dangerous as Sauce should be able to take Metcalf out of the game but DJ Reed vs Lockett would be a good battle.  

Offensively Seattle has a very good rookie QB but Carroll plays the same defense we do, so Woolen plays exclusively on the right side, which should allow us to put GW on the left and either shred that CB or draw a double team and open up some other options.  Seattle has minimal pass rush and no single dominant player along the DL or in the LB crew.  Even if we give up some points to this offense, we HAVE to be able to put 30+ on this defense.   Seattle has given up 200 yards rushing to the Carolina RBs, 170 to SF and  77 to Pacheco on KC so we really should be able to run on them esp with the few extra days of rest for the OL

• Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

It’s interesting, the 2 best units going head to head, hawks offense vs jets defense. Jets special teams don’t have to be great, just don’t give up a big play and make any kick inside 50. No shanked punts. Jets offense also just needs to play clean and convert 3rd and short. It’s been crazy this year 3rd and short.

Two teams staggering down the stretch, it’s probably going to be a game where you just need to make fewer mistakes and like 2 clutch plays.  

LaFluer needs to switch up the opening drive play calling of run , run , pass. This would be the perfect time for it. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

BTW is Mims cleard to play?  I noticed a certain chemistry was developing between MW and Mims before his injury.   We could use his size and strength in this game not to mention is blocking....  

CB   Quadriceps DNP      Unspecified

Jeff Smith WR Knee DNP     Unspecified

Duane Brown OT Shoulder LP     Unspecified

George Fant OT Knee LP     Unspecified

Lamarcus Joyner S Hip LP     Unspecified

Denzel Mims WR Concussion LP     Unspecified

Mike White QB Rib FP     Unspecified

This suggests to me that Mims will be cleared to play. Seems like the only guys who will sit this one out will be Echols and Jeff Smith. Not huge losses if everyone else can go.