Adam Peters, Assistant GM San Francisco 49ers

Matt39

Say for the sake of it the Jets do consider a switch in the front office, he would be a name to keep an eye on. Familiarity with Saleh and has built one of the best rosters in football. Who knows how the season winds up, but just someone who will potentially be on teams radars.

• Thumb Down 10
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Say for the sake of it the Jets do consider a switch in the front office, he would be a name to keep an eye on. Familiarity with Saleh and has built one of the best rosters in football. Who knows how the season winds up, but just someone who will potentially be on teams radars.

1. It’s a year too early for this kind of talk. 

2. If JD is gone Saleh is too 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Does he get to bring 2009 Drew Brees with him? 

So he gets no credit for going out and getting a guy who the Chargers thought low enough of to draft his successor well before he was injured? That was all just luck? And he also gets no credit for Brees playing at a higher level under Payton than he did under anyone else? All just lucky lucky guy that Payton huh? let me let you in on a secret, I dont believe in competence and hard work

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Does he get to bring 2009 Drew Brees with him? 

Among the top 40 offenses of all-time by yardage, Payton’s Saints are responsible for 7 of them (2011, ‘16, ‘14, ‘12, ‘08, ‘15, ‘09).  2011 is # 1 overall.  Ahead of even the juggernaut 2013 Broncos and 2000 Rams.  

You can’t credit ALL of that to Drew Brees.    Particularly when we’ve seen other QBs (Bridgewater, Dalton, Taysom Hill) be productive in the same scheme.  

Joe Douglas is the first real GM Woody has had.

Parcells was only with Woody for a year…Tammy was a money guy and those home run picks were from Mangini.

Woody knows how hard it is to find a good GM. JD ain’t going anywhere anytime soon.

The coach will fall on the sword first before that happens.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Joe Douglas is the first real GM Woody has had.

Parcells was only with Woody for a year…Tammy was a money guy and those home run picks were from Mangini.

Woody knows how hard it is to find a good GM. JD ain’t going anywhere anytime soon.

The coach will fall on the sword first before that happens.

We are still pretending this is true?

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

So he gets no credit for going out and getting a guy who the Chargers thought low enough of to draft his successor well before he was injured? That was all just luck? And he also gets no credit for Brees playing at a higher level under Payton than he did under anyone else? All just lucky lucky guy that Payton huh? let me let you in on a secret, I dont believe in competence and hard work

No I’m asking because he’s not going to a sh!tastic QB situation like the Jets at this point in his career 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Among the top 40 offenses of all-time by yardage, Payton’s Saints are responsible for 7 of them (2011, ‘16, ‘14, ‘12, ‘08, ‘15, ‘09).  2011 is # 1 overall.  Ahead of even the juggernaut 2013 Broncos and 2000 Rams.  

You can’t credit ALL of that to Drew Brees.    Particularly when we’ve seen other QBs (Bridgewater, Dalton, Taysom Hill) be productive in the same scheme.  

That’s well and good but that’s not the reason I wrote that. 

He’s not going to a situation where QB is a dumpster fire……like the Jets 

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

That’s well and good but that’s not the reason I wrote that. 

He’s not going to a situation where QB is a dumpster fire……like the Jets 

I agree he’s not coming here but not because of that:  He comes here he at least gets to handpick his QB among several realistic options.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Saleh is gone before JD would be. JD has done the better job to-date.

Right! And doing this would revert to the dumbass old way the jets did things. Aka idzik and mc Ana what’s his face. All former jet gms under woody are out of football 

• Upvote 3

JD might have drafted the offensive and defensive rookies of the year, and Breece may have won it above Garrett, and thats WITH terrible QB play. 

Much like a rookie QB, rookie GM's should be given time to figure things out. He messed up QB1 and Mekhi, but he is showing real growth in his drafting abilities. 

There is always room for improvement, and QB1 mess up is a huge issue, but he shouldn't be fired. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, slats said:

Perfection is the enemy of good. Perfection is the enemy of progress. Joe Douglas is the best GM this team has had in all of my wasted years following this sad franchise. It’s not even close. Tossing JD for some new, untested GM candidate behind door #1 would be dumb. Like, epically dumb. This guy has a franchise that was commandeered by John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan for way too long playing a meaningful game in January this year, despite Zach. This is a course you stay. 

The 98 team was a well built team and the team was actually successful with Herm Edwards who many Jets fans feel was a complete buffoon.  Not to mention the team under Tanny and Rex that had the top D in the league and a wall on the OL.  

Q is probably the best player on this team.  Not picked by Douglas.  

If AVT and Hall come back and continue to trend upwards there's a lot to build on.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

The 98 team was a well built team and the team was actually successful with Herm Edwards who many Jets fans feel was a complete buffoon.  Not to mention the team under Tanny and Rex that had the top D in the league and a wall on the OL.  

Q is probably the best player on this team.  Not picked by Douglas.  

The 98 reference is a good one. I think that team overachieved big time.

• Haha 1