Raiders Looking to Sign Brady

The Raiders/Carr situation is interesting.

The Raiders have about a month to get rid of Carr or else be responsible for a lot of $.

They can cut him and get nothing.  Carr then has to renegotiate his salary.  Will he do better or worse than his current Raiders contract?  Many think worse.

The Raiders can trade him and get something for him, and the new team has to take Carr’s contract.  Carr has to approve the trade?  

Could the Jets come up with a deal that everyone is happy with that does not mortgage our future?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It would be very Jets like to finally win a superbowl, only for Pats fans to say....yeah, but you needed our QB to do it.

Brady would go into the Hall of Fame  and not even mention the Jets in his HOF speech.

I, for one, wouldn't give a crap if he doesn't mention us in his HOF speech if he gets a Superbowl.  But I think his hatred for the Jets is too deeply ingrained for him to come here.  Plus, like I've been saying for the past six years, he is due to crash soon, right?

Just now, Beerfish said:

Did people not watch Brady this year?    He was not good, he got a few nice late comebacks when the other team went prevent, he got long pi calls and mike evans made great plays.

I didn't watch him much this year but his numbers were WAY better than we have had in recent years.

Tom Brady talks about how he is a family guy.  He is playing 5 plus seasons beyond when another QB would be playing.  He says how much time football takes-time away from his family, holidays, etc.  Yet he still plays.

He could likely play for Miami next season.  that is where two of his kids live.  he could probably play in NY next season.  That is where one of his kids live.  It is not hard to shuttle between NY and Miami to visit the kids you don’t live with.

And watch him go move to Sin City 2500 miles away from his kids to play football at 45 years old. 

It would be very Jets like to finally win a superbowl, only for Pats fans to say....yeah, but you needed our QB to do it.
Brady would go into the Hall of Fame  and not even mention the Jets in his HOF speech.

"I resign as quarterback of the New York Jets"

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Do jets fans enjoy losing?  Is that why half this messageboard wants Zach with a new OC next year?

We suffer from all or nothing syndrome — we self-soothe against the horrors of comedic failure with “yeah but if we had a average QB we weren’t gonna win it all anyway so what did we miss?”

• Upvote 1

LOL

None of you bitches would quit watching the Jets if they brought in Brady.

You’d complain for a little while and then be grinning from ear to ear as soon as he steps on the field Week 1.

If 4700 yards, 25 TD’s and 9 INT’s is “washed”, then sweep me away.

He’d immediately “wash” away the losing stink surrounding this franchise through sheer presence alone. Everyone in that locker room would believe that the Jets have a chance every week regardless of circumstance.

He could step on the field at 50 and still be better than 90% of the QB’s in the league. Believing otherwise is nothing more than pure sour grapes.

Just now, Beerfish said:

The worst division in football 8-9 and me watching many of his games this year.  And with that 8-9 record teams totally gifted the bucs about 3 games.

They have wins over the cowboys and Seahawks this year.  Todd Bowles is horrible. The fact that Brady made the playoffs with that empty suit is an accomplishment 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

19 hours ago, BurntDice said:

It would be so hard to root for this team when the qb is the guy I’ve hated for my entire adult life. 

I used to feel that way.  Hated TB down to the molecular level.  Come to find out it was really “the Patriots way,” Belichick, and that arrogant obnoxious fan base.

Brady in Tampa is very different.  Funny in a quirky sort of way, honest, and otherwise a decent dude.

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Your ability  to spell is as good as your qb evaluation 

Your ability to not be able to understand that you can not replace the h with a k since the Mods don’t allow cursing on this site is as good as wanting an aging Brady who is clearly on the decline, has killed the Jets for years has consistently trolled the Jets at every opportunity as the Jets starting QB