I want the Jets next QB to be...

Maxman

I want the Jets next QB to be...  

195 members have voted

1. 1. I want the Jets next QB to be...

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I voted for Rodgers but I am coming around on Carr. His showcase at the pro bowl skills competition sold me.  :)

Seriously though in some ways Carr is more exciting because the team keeps all their draft picks and he is young.

The two years with Rodgers thing and hope Zach matures scares me.

Would rather go Tannehill if it's not Rodgers or Lamar

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sciond said:

I will stick with Mike White. We need to develop our own guys as it most effective.

A lot of people will think you’re crazy for saying that, but really the only reason to argue against it is fear of him always being injured. Yet a lot of people want Jimmy G, which just doesn’t make sense to me.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I selected Lamar Jackson, despite the fact that he is unlikely to be available, so my realistic answer would be Rodgers.  That being said, if we can land young franchise QB, who is a former league MVP, I’ll take that every single time.

This is me as well. Lamar is the best option available.  Rodgers is next.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

A lot of people will think you’re crazy for saying that, but really the only reason to argue against it is fear of him always being injured. Yet a lot of people want Jimmy G, which just doesn’t make sense to me.

If White wasn't always hurt, I'd be fine with him.  But he is.

I 100% on Jimmy G, they guy is older and always hurt.  I do not get the love for him.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I voted for Rodgers but I am coming around on Carr. His showcase at the pro bowl skills competition sold me.  :)

Seriously though in some ways Carr is more exciting because the team keeps all their draft picks and he is young.

The two years with Rodgers thing and hope Zach matures scares me.

I voted AR but if Carr can be THE GUY, I'd be all for it. The ZW experiment goes out the window and we have our FQB for the next 4-5 years. Also allows JD to construct the contract in a way that when QW, AVT, GW are due extensions, we can fit them easily into our cap.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

To me, they’re apples and oranges.
Two completely different type players at opposite points in their career. I don’t understand you and @Mogglez equating the two?

I’d love to get Lamar, but want no part of Rodgers.

For age and career point I get it, but I question whether we would have to redo the entire scheme to fit Jackson.  It seems they set themselves up to plug in Rodgers.   I honestly don't want to mortgage everything for either, but I get how things are more balanced than young up and comer vs. over the hill. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They all watched one, but they all think the Jets defense is super bowl ready so it is discounted.

It is. Watch what happens when we have an offense that doesn't go 3 and out all game and we actually play with a lead. Defense gets to be in more passing situations will create more turnovers because the other team will be forced to press.

Last year teams had the luxury of being really patient on offense.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Did anyone else watch a single Packers game this year ?

I actually did. 

My brother in law is a big Packers fan. 

The Packers looked BAD this year. And it was not Rodgers. Their star players seemed to underperform or be dinged up. 

Seemed like the offense struggled every time I watched them and Rodgers was the only  one making anything happen. Christian Watkins started to look good towards the later part of the season but it seemed to be in large part because of Rodgers. The run game was there but not close to intimidating. The defense was there but did not move the needle. This is why they missed the playoffs and ended the season 8-9. 

If Rodgers was 100% and in his prime he would have probably carried that team to the playoffs but not much further than that, IMO. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

For age and career point I get it, but I question whether we would have to redo the entire scheme to fit Jackson.  It seems they set themselves up to plug in Rodgers.   I honestly don't want to mortgage everything for either, but I get how things are more balanced than young up and comer vs. over the hill. 

You make a good point about structuring the offense around Lamar. I’ll be honest, I haven’t considered that, and I should have.

My only counter would be I’ve seen where Lamar doesn’t want to be thought of as a running QB, and would prefer to play from the pocket more. The fly in that ointment is does that make him less appealing, or more?

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

You make a good point about structuring the offense around Lamar. I’ll be honest,  I haven’t considered that as much as I should have.

My only counter would be I’ve seen where Lamar doesn’t want to be thought of as a running QB, and would prefer to play from the pocket more. The fly in that ointment is does that make him less appealing, or more?

I haven't watched him enough to tell.  I have too many Ravens fan friends that have poisoned me against the idea.  I am also allergic to throwing a ton of money and picks at one player, so I don't really like any big splash sh*t. 

• Upvote 1