Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This plus Murphy’s comments make the Jets look really bad (and desperate).

It’s clear the Packers don’t want him back.

Which means Rodgers is actually still considering walking away from 110M fully gtd just because he doesn’t want to play for the Jets.

If Rodgers is this lukewarm / unconvinced about the fit, how committed will he be even if he ultimately agrees?

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

You have 3 parties in negotiations, with multiple variables to be negotiated. Once an agreement is reached on each item, you have 3 teams of lawyers and accountants who crunch the numbers and prepare paperwork that makes it legal. Each presents the paperwork to the other two teams, and then comes yet more negotiations over rounding errors and what not. If you’re looking for a climax go rub one out. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Which means Rodgers is actually still considering walking away from 110M fully gtd just because he doesn’t want to play for the Jets.

If Rodgers is this lukewarm / unconvinced about the fit, how committed will he be even if he ultimately agrees?

I never realized how insecure some jets fan have become. 

To twist Rodgers interest in the jets to "well he rather retire than come here" is hilarious. 

How do you know if other teams expressed interest in him and he has shut them down saying I'm either playing for the jets or retiring. He's been asked about going to the niners and shut that down BEFORE the niners were even allowed to reach out to him. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Funny, if you read packer fan comments, they say it makes them look bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Beningo wants Rodgers but sounds like an idiot with his Lamar take.

Haven’t sniffed a franchise QB in 50 years.

2 1st round picks is nothing to acquire an MVP caliber QB in his prime.

If his physical checks out, pony up.  50M per gtd for 3y will look cheap very soon when Burrow and Herbert get theirs.  Add some void years on the back end to spread out the cap hit.

I mean look at it this way:  after coughing up 2 first round picks, it’s not as if the Jets would cut Lamar at any point regardless.  So he’s going to get his money.

Just don’t offer him a no-trade clause.  Retain that leverage in case things go sideways.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Beningo wants Rodgers but sounds like an idiot with his Lamar take.

Haven’t sniffed a franchise QB in 50 years.

2 1st round picks is nothing to acquire an MVP caliber QB in his prime.

If his physical checks out, pony up.  50M per gtd for 3y will look cheap very soon when Burrow and Herbert get theirs.  Add some void years on the back end to spread out the cap hit.

I mean look at it this way:  after coughing up 2 first round picks, it’s not as if the Jets would cut Lamar at any point regardless.  So he’s going to get his money.

Just don’t offer him a no-trade clause.  Retain that leverage in case things go sideways.

Woody is not givng LJ Watsons contract 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I never realized how insecure some jets fan have become. 

To twist Rodgers interest in the jets to "well he rather retire than come here" is hilarious. 

How do you know if other teams expressed interest in him and he has shut them down saying I'm either playing for the jets or retiring. He's been asked about going to the niners and shut that down BEFORE the niners were even allowed to reach out to him. 

A million outlets including Adam Schefter have reported the Jets are the only game in town.

There’s been no reported interest by any other teams.  The Raiders GM has shot down any rumors there.

Miami just picked up Tua’s option.

Name me the team the Jets are competing with for Rodgers’ services.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Page 98.  Is Rodgers a Jet? 

9 hours ago, PS17 said:

It was supposed to happen on page 98. This is highly disappointing.

My algorithm did not account for 437 posts by cuckolds and cuckold enthusiasts. 

In hindsight, I should have known this about the Jets fanbase and I regret the error.

Factoring in this new information, we will have a definitive answer on Page 117.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Well, to be fair, the cucking is much more interesting than watching Woody Johnson try and swoon Aaron Rodgers who could smell his desperation from his hole of darkness and now is just dragging him around by his nut sack while JN sits on the edge of their collective seats for updates from a "insider" who actually never been right about anything and just says things that the media says as if he presenting the "scoop".

So hell, lets get the cucking rolling baby!!!! 

It's going to be a long "offseason of skyscreamer rage" if this trade actually does go down.

I can only wonder if we'll get daily Lamar Jackson updates from you next season in woulda, coulda, shoulda styling.

Legal Tampering period starts on Monday. Jets rumored deadline is the 12th? The jets cannot and will not going into the period not knowing if rodgers is in out out. We should have an answer either today or tomorrow. 

With so many varying reports, my gut says the hold up has more to do with the jets / packers negotiations than anything else. The packers are fighting for a first, they have to be. JD knows how valuable those picks are....my instincts say they will push this until the last minute waiting for each other to break. Both sides want this deal to happen, hopefully the packers want it done just a little bit more.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I think it’s coming down to how long the commitment is. It’s pointless to go down the Arod route for 1 year if we’re giving up too many assets. Jets need a 2 year commitment. We don’t want another Favre redux. 

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

A million outlets including Adam Schefter have reported the Jets are the only game in town.

There’s been no reported interest by any other teams.  The Raiders GM has shot down any rumors there.

Miami just picked up Tua’s option.

Name me the team the Jets are competing with for Rodgers’ services.

It’s the Jets vs. (oh ****, the JETS) in Rodgers’ mind. LOL