Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I have to agree with @Warfish ... It's ludicrous to think Woody stomps around like Palatine. It's far more likely Saleh is making some bonehead influential suggestions than it is to believe that Woody is some sort of iron fisted overlord.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I never said THAT (stomping around on every decision). But a decision this big, Woody has a say in it. Especially with how he came out in public about this (saying the Jets need an experienced qb to finish the roster). Carr also met with Woody. I don't think that was a trick or treat session. Woody has skin in this game. 

• Upvote 1

Presuming Wingo/Pauline hit on this one, the next bit of news we’ll get is that Rodgers is scheduled to visit Florham Park toward the end of this week. Imagining that [mention=33820]football guy[/mention] or [mention=9230]Mogglez[/mention] will have that bit before the national guys. 

1. Rodgers is scheduled to meet with Jets at 1FP
2. Douglas and Packers are haggling over compensation.
4. Douglas and Rodgers hammering out new “contract structure.” (jets getting cap protections in case of retirement; Rodgers getting boatload of cash in exchange for promises to acquire the guys he wants: Lazard? Cobb? Bakhtiari? 

5. Media runs with story about Dolphins/Panthers swooping in at 11th hour to offer “megadeal.”
6. Next Tuesday, Aaron Rodgers is in 1FP taking pictures holding up a Jets #9 jersey or some sh*t. 

7. March 15th: Lazard gets 4/$80; Bakhtiari traded for Becton and a pick swap. 
Seemed reasonable ... Could also be a dream that is ... far far darker... Something involving the Ghost of Anthony Barr

• Haha 1

Because YouTube now blows ass and won't direct link .. some lyrics for you... JETS and their fans to Rodgers....

Time's not sleeping and time won't lose
You can't win 'cause time can't lose
So stop (so stop) what you're doin'
Start on something new
Don't (no don't) don't be hypnotized
Don't start thinkin' with your eyes

Why you mean that much to me
(You don't know) What it feels like lovin' you
(We all know) A change is good for you
(That's all right) Gotta do what you gotta do
Anyway

All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
All I need is someone to love
And tonight it's you, tonight it's you

8 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:
So you want to add 4 OL in FA and then in addition, draft 2 more when the only current position w/out a starter is C? 
I hope they didnt share that w/ Rodgers, that is an absolutely terrible idea. 

If you think all the OLine needs is a C ... You are beyond hope my friend.

And yes .. there was a bit of hyperbole in my original post.

Edited by Dunnie

if the Jets land Rogers I think the current players who will most benefit are

Conklin - I think AR can turn him into pro bowler and see him making a big jump

GW - obvious but how many more yards > 1000

Mims and Jets by extension - AR will get most out of this guy helping Jets get something in return in future if not by end of preseason...he will not be pro bowler

Moore - hard to read on him I want to say closer to Mims than GW though

Davis - if they keep him and I think they should with restructure, I say smear glue on his hands and he may finally reach that allusive potential with AR

Berrios - who the **** knows

Breece, MC, and BAM - they all are great receiving backs - I think will be big year for them all

• Upvote 1

if the Jets land Rogers I think the current players who will most benefit are
Conklin - I think AR can turn him into pro bowler and see him making a big jump
GW - obvious but how many more yards > 1000
Mims and Jets by extension - AR will get most out of this guy helping Jets get something in return in future if not by end of preseason...he will not be pro bowler
Moore - hard to read on him I want to say closer to Mims than GW though
Davis - if they keep him and I think they should with restructure, I say smear glue on his hands and he may finally reach that allusive potential with AR
Berrios - who the **** knows
Breece, MC, and BAM - they all are great receiving backs - I think will be big year for them all

Agree .. perhaps a rook WR instead of Davis or Berrios.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

So you want to add 4 OL in FA and then in addition, draft 2 more when the only current position w/out a starter is C? 

I hope they didnt share that w/ Rodgers, that is an absolutely terrible idea. 

it's become increasingly clear that the jets can't rely on the health of ANY of the linemen, except McGovern ironically.  Not sure why everyone hates the dude - durable and reliable.  not great but not bad by any means.

LT i guess is brown - health issues + age
LG is tomlinson - was awful last year, willing to see what happens this year but need a contingency plan
C should be McGovern again, i'd bring him back - options aren't great
RG is AVT?  coming off a season ending injury - have confidence that he'll be find.
RT is a giant question mark - becton? mitchell?  all coming off huge injuries.

4 OL isn't a crazy thought.

If he comes here you have to just say "F it" and go for it. Go out and try to create a 3 headed WR core monster, GW at 1, someone else at 1A, and Moore after that. Pair that with Uzomah/Conklin and a RB room of Breece, Carter, and Bam...we cook

• Upvote 2

If Rodgers comes here he’s probably bringing his LT Bakhtiari with him, and we’ll probably resign Mcgovern and that’s probably it for the OLine. We still have Brown, Laken, AVT, Becton, Mitchell all under contract for this season. I wouldn’t expect an overhaul where they’re bringing in like 5 new starters. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If you think all the OLine needs is a C ... You are beyond hope my friend.

And yes .. there was a bit of hyperbole in my original post.

I'm beyond hope while admitting you were not serious.  You my friend, are a treasure.