Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Joe Douglas overpays for Karen Rodgers because that's who Woody wants to sell tickets in 2023 and salvage Jet Blue quarterback Zach Wilson.

yup...  it will give them 2 years to try to "train" Zach.  It will sell tix.  

But most importantly, it will win more games for the next 2 years.

• Upvote 1

Jesus, any of you that believe this are morons. This is pure spin from the Douglas/Saleh team. They are trying to potentially insulate themselves from accountability. 

When the AR plan doesnt happen, Doulas and Saleh will feed more fake ass info to media stooges and claim..

"But it wasnt our fault...see?"

Gtfo with this bullsh*t lol. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 3

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Point is, none of us know anything.  We just like to sound like we know what we are talking about, and some folks are better at that than others.

I am secretly hoping that there has been a deal in place for a while.  Other than that..... just waiting.

• Upvote 1

Okay, I figured it out!

Rodgers to the Jets is all but done.  Here's where we are..

1. Jets and GB have agreed on comp.  which will be less than a first rounder
  2. Aaron Rodgers has also verbally agreed
  3. Aaron Rodgers doesn't want it announced until tomorrow - as he can then go on Pat McAfee (which will airs on Tuesday) to  discuss while it's still very fresh - or literally announce it on the show.
  4. There's still a concern that an eccentric guy like Rodgers can change his mind over night.

To be clear, no inside sources - just trying to piece everything I've seen and heard together.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

Rodgers, even at his age, is probably better than Carr.

But Carr at $37mm with all of our draft picks probably results in a better team than Rodgers at $58mm with fewer draft picks.

We all knew that Woody was pushing Rodgers.  At the moment it is announced, the TV and Radio will be flooded with Jet Ticket commercials that took weeks to produce.  Bet on it. 

He would not cost 58 million... Why is this still going around..... He would actually count less then 20 million on the cap this year and this is why this narrative is ass backwards... Rodgers is much cheaper for the jets this year... Period stop

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I really thought I was going to be more upset about losing Carr to New Orleans than I actually am.   Now why is that?  Maybe I really didn't want Carr?  I was enamored by his being an NFL iron man... rarely injured and reliable.  But that alone is an insufficient reason.  I kinda had the feeling all along that Carr, who is a deeply religious family man would be way more comfortable down in New Orleans than in Morris County, New Jersey.  Night and day.

Maybe not a good NYC fit.   

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

I think we aren’t giving JD enough credit here. Either :

1) He has some intel that Rodgers wants to come here and the Packers don’t want him and it’s just a matter of compensation at this point

2) JD liked the Jimmy G fallback option enough to let Carr go and his transition here would be as easy as any other option available, other than Rodgers

3) Carr was never playing here. He used us to get more money from New Orleans and gave them time to clear cap space. 

Whatever the reason, I may be in the minority, but I have faith in JD to make the appropriate deal. Yes he struck out on Zach, but he has done enough in last years draft and with trades, to give me confidence he knows what he is doing. 

Yes I agree with this I always slam Doulas because he’s very overrated IMO but when it comes to trades he definitely runs a master class 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, I figured it out!

1. Jets and GB has agreed on comp.  which will be less than a first rounder
  3. Aaron Rodgers doesn't want it announced until tomorrow - as he can then go on Pat McAfee (which airs on Tuesdays)to  discuss while it's still very fresh - or literally announce it on the show.
  4. There's still a concern that an eccentric guy like Rodgers can change his mind over night.

To be clear, no inside sources - just trying to piece everything I've seen and heard together.

waiting-for.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I really thought I was going to be more upset about losing Carr to New Orleans than I actually am.   Now why is that?  Maybe I really didn't want Carr?  I was enamored by his being an NFL iron man... rarely injured and reliable.  But that alone is an insufficient reason.  I kinda had the feeling all along that Carr, who is a deeply religious family man would be way more comfortable down in New Orleans than in Morris County, New Jersey.  Night and day.

Maybe not a good NYC fit.   

You might be feeling this way because we're actually getting Rodgers.

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, I figured it out!

1. Jets and GB have agreed on comp.  which will be less than a first rounder
  3. Aaron Rodgers doesn't want it announced until tomorrow - as he can then go on Pat McAfee (which will airs on Tuesday) to  discuss while it's still very fresh - or literally announce it on the show.

I think Rodgers done with Macfee until the season starts, at the end of the last one pat asked him “would they be doing this again next season” 

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

- Find our he is returning today

- Find out he wants to play or is traded to the Jets tomorrow on McAfee ~2pm

Compensation: 2023 second & conditional 2024 1st if Jets make Playoffs

conditional 2024 sure, but making playoffs in a league where 1/3 of the teams make the playoffs, that 1st would be for SB appearance. No 2024 if he retires after one season as well.  This is going to be interesting.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, doitny said:

of all the years Rodgers had to pull this sh*t it had to be this one. if he wasnt out there Carr would be a Jet. now 

He never wanted to be in New York, go look at lying Jeremy Flowlers appearance with the Jets podcast on Friday, he told the truth about the situation then