Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Carr is a JAG with a good PR team. 

Fact of the matter is if Douglas or Saleh thought he was anything more than mediocre he'd be a Jet. 

I don't think they give a flying fk that Carr signed with the Saints.  I know I don't. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

40 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

I think we aren’t giving JD enough credit here. Either :

1) He has some intel that Rodgers wants to come here and the Packers don’t want him and it’s just a matter of compensation at this point

2) JD liked the Jimmy G fallback option enough to let Carr go and his transition here would be as easy as any other option available, other than Rodgers

3) Carr was never playing here. He used us to get more money from New Orleans and gave them time to clear cap space. 

Whatever the reason, I may be in the minority, but I have faith in JD to make the appropriate deal. Yes he struck out on Zach, but he has done enough in last years draft and with trades, to give me confidence he knows what he is doing. 

JD has proven to understand value.  He won’t overpay unless Woody can’t help himself from meddling and pulls rank.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, football guy said:

None of this is true. The Jets determined early on in the process — well before they even met with Carr — that they preferred Aaron Rodgers with Garoppolo as the backup option > Derek Carr immediately. 

If Derek was willing to wait, that would’ve been the most ideal scenario for the Jets because it would’ve meant more available options. There has been some speculation that the Jets told him they were not going to submit a formal offer, which I don’t have info on. I can see it being true, especially if Carr went back to the Jets this morning to see if they would match. I believe Ben Albright said they were pulling out, but they never submitted an offer so idk if the semantics add up

And who would have made the decision to not make an offer and to "pull out?" Woody, obviously.

55 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Jesus, any of you that believe this are morons. This is pure spin from the Douglas/Saleh team. They are trying to potentially insulate themselves from accountability. 

When the AR plan doesnt happen, Doulas and Saleh will feed more fake ass info to media stooges and claim..

"But it wasnt our fault...see?"

Gtfo with this bullsh*t lol. 

It doesn’t matter. Either the owner’s a moron or the GM is a moron or both are morons. We’re screwed any way you spin it.

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Regardless of your feelings about Carr this is terrible news if true. Woody was supposed to have stepped back and been letting the football guys call the shots. 

Now if we end up with a third tier QB is he going to fire everyone for the results of his own actions? What legit GM would want to be in this situation.

F off Woody 

When have the “football people” got the QB right around here?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Pac said:

Carr is a JAG with a good PR team. 

Fact of the matter is if Douglas or Saleh thought he was anything more than mediocre he'd be a Jet. 

I don't think they give a flying fk that Carr signed with the Saints.  I know I don't. 

The same guys who thought Zach was a baller.   Please Carr would have been a serious upgrade for us.  

Your putting credence in a blind man.  

40 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

He never wanted to be in New York, go look at lying Jeremy Flowlers appearance with the Jets podcast on Friday, he told the truth about the situation then 

we dont know that and we never will. but i do know without Rodgers Woody would have to want the next best QB and maybe gives him that 50 mil a year for 3 years that has been said on this forum. maybe that with us being the better team does it. point is because of Wodys love for Rodgers we will never know.

well he better decide in the next few days cause once FA starts no other QB will be waiting on Rodgers. this could get real ugly real fast, like Mike White and Zach Wilson ugly.

9 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

So when will Rodgers to the Jets be announced?  My guess is today or tomorrow.  It really makes no sense waiting further ..

were not waiting , this is all Rodgers BS. if he announced he wanted out next week JD would have got the trade done by now.

Rodgers doesnt care about us, he is going to take his sweet ass time to decide. 

and after he does were going to have to wait more as he decides where he wants to go.

i know its hard for some on here to realize that the Jets are not the center of the Football universe and that some guys no matter how much sense it makes for them to choose us might still not want to come here.

If jets miss out on rodgers they should go all in on Lamar. (And I’m not even a Lamar fan) but if ravens hit him with the non exclusive franchise tag, sign that man. 2 1st rounders and you have him for the next 8 years. Atleast it settles the position. 

otherwise trade up to 1 and grab stroud. Jimmy g / minshew/ whoever is not the answer. 

1 hour ago, football guy said:

None of this is true. The Jets determined early on in the process — well before they even met with Carr — that they preferred Aaron Rodgers with Garoppolo as the backup option > Derek Carr immediately. 

If Derek was willing to wait, that would’ve been the most ideal scenario for the Jets because it would’ve meant more available options. There has been some speculation that the Jets told him they were not going to submit a formal offer, which I don’t have info on. I can see it being true, especially if Carr went back to the Jets this morning to see if they would match. I believe Ben Albright said they were pulling out, but they never submitted an offer so idk if the semantics add up

They want any plan that gives them a shot to win now and gives ZW another shot to take over eventually. I also don’t know why they’re confident they can even get Jimmy G…. He’s going to be a Raider 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, I figured it out!

Rodgers to the Jets is all but done.  Here's where we are..

1. Jets and GB have agreed on comp.  which will be less than a first rounder
  2. Aaron Rodgers has also verbally agreed
  3. Aaron Rodgers doesn't want it announced until tomorrow - as he can then go on Pat McAfee (which will airs on Tuesday) to  discuss while it's still very fresh - or literally announce it on the show.
  4. There's still a concern that an eccentric guy like Rodgers can change his mind over night.

To be clear, no inside sources - just trying to piece everything I've seen and heard together.

1- Hes not on McAffee anymore.

2- The Jets have 0 interest in him

• Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

When have the “football people” got the QB right around here?

You are one of the people who wants Rodgers. If Rodgers decides to retire or wants to stay in GB, how is that JD's or Saleh's fault?  You are all a bunch of Joe Beningo's or Greeny's who get enjoyment not from winning or from building a team, but by basking in the SOJ narrative and calling continuously and repeatedly for the GM and coach to be fired and the QB to be benched so you can say "I told you so" 

It gets so freaking old.......  

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Only doesn't happen if JD loses all rationality and patience.  Here is a thought. If the Jets do not trade for him, there is a slight chance they just release him  and designate him a June 1 cut

Releasing him is not an option with his contract.   The only option for next season is play or retire