Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

If Rodgers comes here he’s probably bringing his LT Bakhtiari with him, and we’ll probably resign Mcgovern and that’s probably it for the OLine. We still have Brown, Laken, AVT, Becton, Mitchell all under contract for this season. I wouldn’t expect an overhaul where they’re bringing in like 5 new starters. 

Rodgers presence alone instantly improves the OL.  You had 2 statues who were static and Zach Wilson who is afraid of clean pockets.  Having a veteran who manipulates the pockets at an elite level and gets the ball out fast, makes the entire line better. 

Adding a big time WR across from G. Wilson would be way more beneficial IMO and should be in play at #13.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Woody knows a dead end when he sees one.  Thanks Woody!!!

Dude, im getting close to blocking you. I thought new woody was so good because he got out of the way and let his FO do their job? That was a bunch of BS, Woody never lets others do their job. He hires terrible coaches so he can do exaclty this. Could you imagine what Reid or Payton would tell Woody if he tried to interject on they wanted to do? He would tell woody to stay in his office and get the F out of the way.

This is exaclty why Woody has been and will continue to be the worst owner in NY. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If this story is true, it seems odd that the Jets would be just finding this out now

Where in that story does it say that this is the first time THEY'VE been made aware that Rodgers is open to coming to the Jets?

Also, were the jets openly allowed to talk to Rodgers, a player under contract with another team before yesterday?

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just saw he doesn't have a NTC.  So why do the Packers need the green light from AR?

If he doesn't like the trade destination he could just say "I retire" ... Packers then have issues relating to cap hits as I understand it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

No fckn way do we need to give up a 1st conditional or not. Give them a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. Eff em. He’s not going back there. They don’t want to get stuck with that salary and a disgruntled QB. They are ready to move on just like they were with Farve. That’s their MO. 

The Favre trade did have a conditional 1st tied with it. I'd imagine that is also going to happen here, even if there is no real shot that it changes to a 1st.

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Exactly which is why give them a #2 and if they don't like it they can kiss JD's big phat behind.   JD will NOT be giving up  #1.  Especially  after whiffing on the #2 pick in the draft with Zach.   

image_2022-12-21_060752554.png

I'm still surprised the Packers wouldn't want to up their trade compensation by opening it up to the NFC as well. Rodgers is likely to play only 2 seasons, why care at all if you can get picks. Unless you think he 1) will continue at a high level or 2) will last longer than the 1-2 seasons.

Ya gotta think the Commanders and Panthers would at the very least offer up what we are tossing around.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Presuming Wingo/Pauline hit on this one, the next bit of news we’ll get is that Rodgers is scheduled to visit Florham Park toward the end of this week. Imagining that @football guy or @Mogglez will have that bit before the national guys. 

Timeline:

1. Rodgers is scheduled to meet with Jets at 1FP

2. Douglas and Packers are haggling over compensation.

4. Douglas and Rodgers hammering out new “contract structure.” (jets getting cap protections in case of retirement; Rodgers getting boatload of cash in exchange for promises to acquire the guys he wants: Lazard? Cobb? Bakhtiari? 

5. Media runs with story about Dolphins/Panthers swooping in at 11th hour to offer “megadeal.”

6. Next Tuesday, Aaron Rodgers is in 1FP taking pictures holding up a Jets #9 jersey or some sh*t. 

7. March 15th: Lazard gets 4/$80; Bakhtiari traded for Becton and a pick swap. 

I sure hope we don't have to wait a full week.  I'm still convinced this happens today, tomorrow at the latest.  I don't think Rodgers leaves today without this being done.   Jimmy 10 Games likely isn't going to wait a week to sign elsewhere.  

your #1 is probably correct.  

your #2 is probably already done

your #4 (third one listed) may have already been happening behind closed doors with Rodgers agent and probably pretty darn close to being too.  It's been clear it was Jets or nothing for a while.  It's surely possible the Jets have had the GB green light for a while.

your #7 I can totally see Lazard and can even see Bakhtiari (as GB is looking to dump cap) no way Becton is included though.

Either way, for better or worse, Rodgers will be a Jet.

• Upvote 4

I'm beyond hope while admitting you were not serious.  You my friend, are a treasure. 
Oh I was serious.. just further hammering my point home with hyperbole ... 

Hyperbole is a rhetorical and literary technique where an author or speaker intentionally uses exaggeration and overstatement for emphasis and effect.

30 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You thought Elijah Moore was upset with the ball not being thrown his way, wait until he feels so dissed they take his number.

Or he be willing to wear a penis on the front and back  of his jersey to play  with Aaron Rodgers and  finally be a top ten receiver in the league this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

This is really a shame.

Carr? He is definitely good enough to make this team a winner.

At his age he could have played here 8-9 years, kept the NYJ in the mix every year and he could have become a real Jet, part of the teams history and not just some other teams castoff at the end of his career.

Rodgers?  Sure he was great. If they get this weirdo for 2 years he may (or may not if he is washed up) produce a winning record but he will never be a Jet in the true sense. I hope he laughs at Johnson and retires.

55 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Rodgers presence alone instantly improves the OL.  You had 2 statues who were static and Zach Wilson who is afraid of clean pockets.  Having a veteran who manipulates the pockets at an elite level and gets the ball out fast, makes the entire line better. 

Adding a big time WR across from G. Wilson would be way more beneficial IMO and should be in play at #13.

All this is true but getting a very good to elite center would be the icing on the cake. Seem to help both teams in the Super Bowl, plus our line was pretty formidable with Mawae and then Mangold. I think center is an undervalued position. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Oh I was serious.. just further hammering might point home with hyperbole ... 

Hyperbole is a rhetorical and literary technique where an author or speaker intentionally uses exaggeration and overstatement for emphasis and effect.

When you aggerate, you're not being serious.  I love you Dunnie, you are fascinating.  Like a rare creature in the wild, I like to just observe your behavior.

This is really a shame.
Carr? He is definitely good enough to make this team a winner.
At his age he could have played here 8-9 years, kept the NYJ in the mix every year and he could have become a real Jet, part of the teams history and not just some other teams castoff at the end of his career.
Rodgers?  Sure he was great. If they get this weirdo for 2 years he may (or may not if he is washed up) produce a winning record but he will never be a Jet in the true sense. I hope he laughs at Johnson and retires.
That is the question... Will he be committed and does he have some gas left and no brakes.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

When you aggerate, you're not being serious.  I love you Dunnie, you are fascinating.  Like a rare creature in the wild, I like to just observe your behavior.
... I love your steadfast support.of the guy you believe in ... Props

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

All this is true but getting a very good to elite center would be the icing on the cake. Seem to help both teams in the Super Bowl, plus our line was pretty formidable with Mawae and them Mangold. I think center is an undervalued position. 

Said the same thing in a post a while ago, MT.  So I'm on record, I have C > T in terms of needs and that was before Brown said he was coming back.

• Upvote 1