Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

14 minutes ago, AFJF said:

But as myself and many others have said, what's being said about Carr today is what was being said about Stafford when he went to the Rams.  

Either way, he's gone and at this point it's likely Rodgers or a QB competition between Gardner Minshew and Baker Mayfield.

Yeah they are both around 2 to 1 TD to INT but Stafford played on worse teams and throws more TDs and yards every year it seems.

It has to be Aaron. That is the only path at this point. The fan in me is choosing to believe that was the plan all along. The realist in me says damn that faith has to be rewarded one of these times lol.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

If this is in fact true, the Packers had to give permission for the Jets to speak to Rodgers. That’s a huge development. 

Not really. It’s been said for weeks GB is really hoping rodgers A) retires or  B ) wants to play but accept a trade. They are letting it be known they don’t want C) rodgers wants to play and won’t agree to a trade. So if no one else really wants him, not even Green Bay, JD should have all the power in negotiating compensation.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Wtf does “nothing is imminent” mean?   Everyone won’t shut up about a decision in the upcoming days, yet nothing is imminent?

Yeah, I was thinking the same things.  I don't buy it.  Has to be done today (Tues)

I would be thoroughly shocked if it doesn't happen today.

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not really. It’s been said for weeks GB is really hoping rodgers A) retires or  B ) wants to play but accept a trade. They are letting it be known they don’t want C) rodgers wants to play and won’t agree to a trade. So if no one else really wants him, not even Green Bay, JD should have all the power in negotiating compensation.

If Green Bay had interest in keeping Rodgers at all, they wouldn’t give permission to the Jets, which has to happen with a player under contract. So rumors he is staying in Green Bay, might be done. This report is the first time we have heard anything related to a conversation between the Jets and Aaron Rodgers. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The Jets need to give the Packers and Rodgers a deadline. We can’t afford to be in a holding pattern waiting for Rodgers to make a decision (that he already knows what he wants to do) worse case scenario we just draft a QB or there might be a wildcard (Matt Stafford) 

• Sympathy 1

Best case scenario is you convince Rodgers to come to the Jets, he likes it enough to play 3-4 years.

Biggest concern is he plays a year, does nothing in the playoffs again, pulls a Favre and moves on.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, August said:

The Jets need to give the Packers and Rodgers a deadline. We can’t afford to be in a holding pattern waiting for Rodgers to make a decision (that he already knows what he wants to do) worse case scenario we just draft a QB or there might be a wildcard (Matt Stafford) 

Stafford is finished.  Might retire.

• Upvote 2

Timeline makes sense :

Over the Weekend: Reports say Aaron Rodgers is in New York. 

Monday: Derek Carr signs contract with Saints

Early Tuesday: Reports say Jets and Aaron Rodgers spoke and he is open to playing in NY

Later Tuesday…….

Remember that no official announcement of a trade will be made until the 15th. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah they are both around 2 to 1 TD to INT but Stafford played on worse teams and throws more TDs and yards every year it seems.

It has to be Aaron. That is the only path at this point. The fan in me is choosing to believe that was the plan all along. The realist in me says damn that faith has to be rewarded one of these times lol.

Rodgers is happening.  At this point I suspect it's all but done.

Compensation will really be interesting.  What we give up in draft capital and what GB takes on in salary.  Huge question marks.  

Good thing, JD seems to always win these battles

Bad thing, Woody's involvement could have pushed JD in the aggressive direction

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Timeline makes sense :

Over the Weekend: Reports say Aaron Rodgers is in New York. 

Monday: Derek Carr signs contract with Saints

Early Tuesday: Reports say Jets and Aaron Rodgers spoke and he is open to playing in NY

Later Tuesday…….

Remember that no official announcement of a trade will be made until the 15th. 

Yep, I think they are negotiating the trade compensation now. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Didn't see this posted earlier

Yeah, this is super interesting to me.  

Knowing the Jets are negotiating more than just draft comp.  It seems at least some money will be coming off the major cap hits.  The question of trade comp is now calculated with two factors.

Draft comp and Cap chargers. 

I was really under the impression it was trade and we're taking on the full cap hit.  This is good news.  What this all is we'll know shortly, but it is interesting.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

All that guy did was write an article about a Trey Wingo tweet. lol  

Yeah, I don't care about the article.

Just the fact that we now know the Jets have spoken with Rodgers.  And that Rodgers is cool with coming here.

I think that only happens if the Jets and GB already have a deal worked out (remember they had to give permission)

It means this deal is all but done.  I believe it gets announced today.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, I don't care about the article.

Just the fact that we now know the Jets have spoken with Rodgers.  And that Rodgers is cool with coming here.

I think that only happens if the Jets and GB already have a deal worked out (remember they had to give permission)

It means this deal is all but done.  I believe it gets announced today.

Trey Wingo once lied about a bear being on his porch. lol

• Haha 3