Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

28 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You are one of the people who wants Rodgers. If Rodgers decides to retire or wants to stay in GB, how is that JD's or Saleh's fault?  You are all a bunch of Joe Beningo's or Greeny's who get enjoyment not from winning or from building a team, but by basking in the SOJ narrative and calling continuously and repeatedly for the GM and coach to be fired and the QB to be benched so you can say "I told you so" 

It gets so freaking old.......  

I’m flattered tbh

flattered donald glover GIF

The more of Rogers' salary the Packers are willing to eat, the higher our draft pick will be that we ship over to them. I predict GB will eat around $10m, and Jets will ship their 2023 2nd round pick and their 2024 2nd round pick, which can become a 1st.

-or-

Rogers will tell Woody "FU" and stay in GB. I think he has $60m guaranteed there, and that's a lot of coin to walk away from. I doubt he'd get anything near that anywhere else, including here.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

- Find our he is returning today

- Find out he wants to play or is traded to the Jets tomorrow on McAfee ~2pm

Compensation: 2023 second & conditional 2024 1st if Jets make Playoffs

No fckn way do we need to give up a 1st conditional or not. Give them a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. Eff em. He’s not going back there. They don’t want to get stuck with that salary and a disgruntled QB. They are ready to move on just like they were with Farve. That’s their MO. 

16 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

No fckn way do we need to give up a 1st conditional or not. Give them a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. Eff em. He’s not going back there. They don’t want to get stuck with that salary and a disgruntled QB. They are ready to move on just like they were with Farve. That’s their MO. 

They have JD over a barrel at this point thanks to woody 

5 hours ago, Nixhead said:

So this is on Woody. I think Carr wanted the Saints all along. They were his first visit. He could have waited another week if he really wanted to go to the Jets and still had the Saints in his back pocket. But Woody has now entered the picture - let’s see if he can help add Rodgers to this team. I don’t know how this ends but it’s going very Jets like so far. 

It’s a no brainer JD had to be for rodgers and not Carr giving his complete devotion to Zach. Carr for 4 yrs (or more ) would have definitely been the end of Zach Wilson here. With Rodgers, JD can sell zach sitting 2 yrs under the great Rodgers before he takes over ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Joe Douglas, obviously

A mammoth contract for a superstar player who's on his last legs.... how would Woody not be giving final say on that? You're trying to pitch the narrative that Woody is sitting in his hands and letting Joe make all the decisions? That's just ridiculous. You know, and I know, that Douglas would not be chasing Rodgers for a second if he was making the calls. It's not in his DNA to gamble everything he is building on a short-term throw of the dice. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Vader said:

They have JD over a barrel at this point thanks to woody 

I think Carr used his "interest" in the Jets to get the Saints to close the deal.  I don't think history shows Carr as being successful on the Saints, but you don't want to underestimate Mickey Loomis either.  He had a draft a few years ago that was even better than JD's last year.  

Maybe some of the corporate suits buy season tickets to see Aaron Rodgers play, but Jet fans know better-they will come see them win.   Giving up too much for Aaron Rodgers will be counterproductive-the roster still has too many holes.  

And if the Jets meltdown and Rodgers meltdowns, it will be real bad.  

If somehow the Jets can fill their holes and draft a QB in rd 3 or below who can play in 2024-2025 while the Jets amortize Rodgers cap hit, that will be a perfect result.  

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Jesus, any of you that believe this are morons. This is pure spin from the Douglas/Saleh team. They are trying to potentially insulate themselves from accountability. 

When the AR plan doesnt happen, Doulas and Saleh will feed more fake ass info to media stooges and claim..

"But it wasnt our fault...see?"

Gtfo with this bullsh*t lol. 

Yeah....no.

29 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think Carr used his "interest" in the Jets to get the Saints to close the deal.  I don't think history shows Carr as being successful on the Saints, but you don't want to underestimate Mickey Loomis either.  He had a draft a few years ago that was even better than JD's last year.  

Maybe some of the corporate suits buy season tickets to see Aaron Rodgers play, but Jet fans know better-they will come see them win.   Giving up too much for Aaron Rodgers will be counterproductive-the roster still has too many holes.  

And if the Jets meltdown and Rodgers meltdowns, it will be real bad.  

If somehow the Jets can fill their holes and draft a QB in rd 3 or below who can play in 2024-2025 while the Jets amortize Rodgers cap hit, that will be a perfect result.  

That’s an ideal scenario you paint and yes it would be dope but fact is the jets position has deteriorated completely — unless they already have a deal for Rodgers in place. 

5 hours ago, JetNation said:

Woody-Johnson-scaled.jpg

Jets owner Woody Johnson is reportedly the reason why Gang Green didn’t make an offer to New Orleans Saints quarterback Derek Carr as the team set it sights on Aaron Rodgers.  This, according to NFL insider Matthew Berry.  In discussing the “buzz” going on this past weekend at the NFL scouting combine, Berry had this to say about Carr and the Jets:

As long as we are talking big-name quarterbacks, despite all the rumors of Derek Carr going to the Jets, one thing that held that up was that Jets owner Woody Johnson really wants Aaron Rodgers. So, the staff has had to be supportive of that. However, secretly, the rest of the team’s front office wanted Derek Carr. Now that Carr is reportedly signing with New Orleans, the Jets are in “Hoping for Rodgers” mode. If that doesn’t work out… who knows?

As we speculated just hours ago, it appears Johnson is heavily involved in the team’s pursuit for a quarterback and ownership was happy to let Carr walk while they wait on Rodgers, whose future is known only to the quarterback.

If the report is accurate, it means the team’s front office was willing to make a run at Carr but the pursuit of Rodgers put any potential offers on hold.  Rodgers has been silent since saying last week that he didn’t want to “drag things out” in terms of announcing his decision on the 2023 season.

Should the team’s “plan A” fall through, expect the team to pivot to oft injured veteran Jimmy Garoppolo.

The post Report Claims Woody Johnson Held up Potential Carr Signing appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Pretty convenient scape goat that is not substantiated by anything. This idea rhatcarrs prefers us is silly , I mean sure maybe but if he did he would have waited and signed here. 

Pretty sure Joe Douglas gave him the number and carr shopped it around.

Look I want Rodger or carr etc but let's not go over board again 

I'd also like to remind the forum that carr with a better run game year long and better WR d Adams, sucked it up . Not exactly some I'm bummed we missed out on. I kind of rather get a stud or at least former studs like Rodgers who I know is capable of doing amazijg things rather than carr who basically is average at best. If we got to pay let pay someone good.thats just my thoughts. I rather go Mike white that carr or Jimmy g ...I would have like tannehil

• Post of the Week 1

Sorry but Woody was right to hold out for Rodgers. Destroy him all you want, mediocrity is not something we were looking for. That’s Derek Carr. If we really want to compete for a Super Bowl, signing Derek Carr to 100 million guaranteed is idiotic. 

• Post of the Week 1

When this process started I was a definite pass on Carr. Raiders fan hate him, his teams never win and his numbers are good, not elite.

The process and darkness drags on and you get pulled in a bit because Carr is better than anything they have.

At the end of the day being almost good enough isn't the goal. Rodgers makes this team a Super Bowl contender THIS year.

Rodgers or bust.

All that said, hopefully Woody isn't making that decision either way.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

A mammoth contract for a superstar player who's on his last legs.... how would Woody not be giving final say on that? You're trying to pitch the narrative that Woody is sitting in his hands and letting Joe make all the decisions? That's just ridiculous. You know, and I know, that Douglas would not be chasing Rodgers for a second if he was making the calls. It's not in his DNA to gamble everything he is building on a short-term throw of the dice. 

I have to disagree. Rodgers coming here is JD’s Alamo, the last ditch effort to cling on desperate hope Zach Wilson can be his starting qb one day. ANY other qb can easily solidify his position here for next 4, 10 years. It won’t take much for a decent qb to exceed expectations here. Rodgers likely would only be a 2 yr rental, maybe even 1. Giving JD another chance to roll out his prize piece 1 more time. Woody won’t let JD play Zach now, probably won’t even let him be the number 2 next yr. But JD would have 2 years to prepare a love story speech to woody about a boy named Zach.. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

When this process started I was a definite pass on Carr. Raiders fan hate him, his teams never win and his numbers are good, not elite.

The process and darkness drags on and you get pulled in a bit because Carr is better than anything they have.

At the end of the day being almost good enough isn't the goal. Rodgers makes this team a Super Bowl contender THIS year.

Rodgers or bust.

All that said, hopefully Woody isn't making that decision either way.

But as myself and many others have said, what's being said about Carr today is what was being said about Stafford when he went to the Rams.  

Either way, he's gone and at this point it's likely Rodgers or a QB competition between Gardner Minshew and Baker Mayfield.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Sorry but Woody was right to hold out for Rodgers. Destroy him all you want, mediocrity is not something we were looking for. That’s Derek Carr. If we really want to compete for a Super Bowl, signing Derek Carr to 100 million guaranteed is idiotic. 

Sadly if we had Derek Carr last yr ( all yr ) I don’t see how the jets fail to make playoffs, possibly even win the division. Considering as horrible zach Wilson is, we were still able to win games with him. Carr is only average yes, but 1000x than Zach Wilson..

Aaron-Rodgers.jpg

Aaron Rodgers is…or was, in the building.  Which building exactly we don’t know, but the Jets were there too.

According to Trey Wingo of Pro Football Network, Rodgers and the Jets talked today with Rodgers being “open to the idea” of coming to the Jets.

Per sources. Aaron Rodgers and the Jets had conversations today. While nothing is imminent Rodgers is open to the idea of going to NY

— trey wingo (@wingoz) March 7, 2023

While the football world expects a decision on Rodgers’ future in the coming days, Jets fans will be on the edge of their seats, hoping he ends up in Green and White.

The post Aaron Rodgers has Talks With Jets, is Open to Coming to New York appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1