Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

4 hours ago, Vader said:

They have JD over a barrel at this point thanks to woody 

Actually I look at it as JD has them over the barrel.  Rodgers does not want to return to GB  He supposedly only wants to play for the Jets.   Either they trade him and take what they can get or he walks off into the sunset and they get nothing.  Getting something is better than nothing even if its a 2 & a 3.  

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Jets trade 2023 2nd, 2024 conditional pick and Corey Davis and get Rodgers and a 2023 3rd 

I gave you a thumbs up on this BUT what is the 2024 conditional pick?  And don't say a #1. Don't.  I dont care if we win the SB with Rodgers in 2023 we shouldn't have to give up a 1st rounder period. The thumbs up can quickly go thumb's down. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob Robbins said:

A lot of Jets fans were distraught after Carr signed with the Saints but I have been taking it as a signal that a deal with Rodgers is coming soon.

If Rodgers were retiring or staying in GB it would’ve been announced already. Most likely reason for it to be dragging out is if a trade is occurring (which would also likely require a contract restructure — more details to figure out).

Which makes me believe, perhaps, Carr was privy to knowing Rodgers is definitely being traded here. Thus jumping on the Saints offer before they look elsewhere.  Perhaps. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, I don't care about the article.

Just the fact that we now know the Jets have spoken with Rodgers.  And that Rodgers is cool with coming here.

I think that only happens if the Jets and GB already have a deal worked out (remember they had to give permission)

It means this deal is all but done.  I believe it gets announced today.

Signing Hackett gave it all away. Why would Hackett come here in the first place after that miserable year with Denver. He's getting paid regardless.  Surely not to reinvent Zach. LOL LO LO LOL Now that's some funny stuff right there. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

How? The Jets don't have to do anything the Packers do. What are the Packers' options? There hasn't been a market for Rodgers' services other than the Jets. The Jets can still sign another QB not named Rodgers, leaving the Packers with blue balls in one hand and AR in the other. The Jets trading for AR is doing GB a favor not the other way around. Otherwise the Packers can continue the rocky relationship between the QB and  HC as a recent 1st round draft asset continues to sit.

Exactly which is why give them a #2 and if they don't like it they can kiss JD's big phat behind.   JD will NOT be giving up  #1.  Especially  after whiffing on the #2 pick in the draft with Zach.   

image_2022-12-21_060752554.png

7 hours ago, sciond said:

Either way

F-Woody

sell the team

Never happening. Never selling.

The Jets can go 0-17 Every Year and the team’s Market Value would Still Increase…. every year.  Insane right?  But True.

The cash Still pours in Every Year….Positive, straight into Johnson’s pocket.  He can Never lose.

The Jets are actually the Perfect business for an unqualified/ incompetent such as Johnson. If the guy ran Any business that actually required Success to survive, they would All go bankrupt.  The guy is Never selling.  Even he is not that stupid.

If the rest of his family could they’d send he and his brother on a rocket ship to Pluto.  That they still are on planet earth is too close to their company Johnson & Johnson for their liking, even though they have nothing to do with the company at all.  Exactly how the family wants it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

But as myself and many others have said, what's being said about Carr today is what was being said about Stafford when he went to the Rams.  

Either way, he's gone and at this point it's likely Rodgers or a QB competition between Gardner Minshew and Baker Mayfield.

Well Stafford had played well for a lifetime. So not exactly a fair comparison. Stafford is much better QB than carr

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Rodgers didn’t just come to New York on Friday because his girlfriend lives out here, connect all the dots 

Can’t believe a throng of media wouldn’t have been parked outside his GF palatial condo. How can no one have tracked him for a few days?

The draft compensation leads me to believe JD offer much lower than GB was hoping. So much so they’re willing to pay part of remaining contract. GM must be worried about the optics of giving away a HOF QB with little in return. I’m thinking #74 and conditional 3rd next year.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, this is super interesting to me.  

Knowing the Jets are negotiating more than just draft comp.  It seems at least some money will be coming off the major cap hits.  The question of trade comp is now calculated with two factors.

Draft comp and Cap chargers. 

I was really under the impression it was trade and we're taking on the full cap hit.  This is good news.  What this all is we'll know shortly, but it is interesting.

4 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Timeline makes sense :

Over the Weekend: Reports say Aaron Rodgers is in New York. 

Monday: Derek Carr signs contract with Saints

Early Tuesday: Reports say Jets and Aaron Rodgers spoke and he is open to playing in NY

Later Tuesday…….

Remember that no official announcement of a trade will be made until the 15th. 

well we are running out of timeline. FA starts in a week. we need to know what our cap situation is. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Wingo has a connection with the Packers. He has broken deals with the Packers in the past, including the Randall Cobb trade, which Aaron Rodgers wanted, prior to reporting to camp in 2021.

Isnt Randall Cobb a free agents? Maybe he met sign and not trade.

If Rodgers wants to play with Cobb, I would include Elijah Moore as part of the deal. We shouldnt have Cobb and Moore both on the team. Cut Davis and sign Lazard. Wilson, Lazard and Cobb should work well for Rodgers. 

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

This has to be fake news. @Warfish told us that Woody doesn't get involved with on field football decisions. 

This article is speculation. 

If you wish to believe Woody is over ruling JD and neutering his GM, have at it. If that’s true, JD should quit.

• Upvote 3

This article is speculation. 
If you wish to believe Woody is over ruling JD and neutering his GM, have at it. If that’s true, JD should quit.
I have to agree with @Warfish ... It's ludicrous to think Woody stomps around like Palatine. It's far more likely Saleh is making some bonehead influential suggestions than it is to believe that Woody is some sort of iron fisted overlord.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Isnt Randall Cobb a free agents? Maybe he met sign and not trade.

If Rodgers wants to play with Cobb, I would include Elijah Moore as part of the deal. We shouldnt have Cobb and Moore both on the team. Cut Davis and sign Lazard. Wilson, Lazard and Cobb should work well for Rodgers. 

That tweet is from 2021.

• Upvote 3