Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Just now, Jet Blast said:

I agree that Carr would have been a safer pick, but that line of reasoning assumes that Joe Douglas thinks like you and I. I submit to you that there is a reason he is a GM and you and I are not. He is obviously seeking to hit a home run here.

Because his track record of picking the right QB is so accurate. LOL. Zero faith until proven otherwise. As it should be. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

This is beyond frustrating.

Frankly, it's pretty stupid if the reason for it happens to be AR sticking it to G Bay.  Infantile. 

But there might be another reason other than Aaron being a d*ck to everyone..

20 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

There is no benefit for the Jets to keep their lips sealed right now. The two most likely reasons that the deal isn't announced yet are:

1. Rodgers really hasn't decided if he wants to play next season.
2. Packers still haven't come to an agreement with the Jets on a combination of draft picks and/or players to be included in the trade. 

Think about it. If Rodgers wants to play for the Jets and the Packers/Jets have agreed to the terms of a trade they would have already leaked it to a reputable source by now. There is no benefit to keep everyone in the dark about it. This isn't like the NFL Draft when the league wants the 1st overall pick to be a "surprise" for those tuning into the spectacle that has become the NFL Draft. 

Told ya.

9 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Doesn’t matter if Rodgers only sticks around for 1 year and you don’t win the SB. You lose assets and are in the same place again. JD is playing a high-stakes game. 

At least with Rodgers, he’s potentially in the game. Rodgers is capable of putting a team on his back. That’s not Derek Carr. 

And while no one likes it, I’m guessing they either legitimately have some faith in Zach and/or they still want to find their young QB thru the draft and not just sign an expensive compiler because he’s available. He’s Kirk Cousins, man. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’s genuinely amazing that nobody has any idea about Rodgers’ actual plan, other than (you’d presume) the principals. Watching the Schefters of the world flail about while b-team ESPN guys try to go viral presenting hypotheses as fact has been some sh*t

AR hates Schefty and I don't exact like him either. So I think it's great seeing Schefty not know. I just thought we'd have something from Jeremiah or something by now with some inside info.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s genuinely amazing that nobody has any idea about Rodgers’ actual plan, other than (you’d presume) the principals. Watching the Schefters of the world flail about while b-team ESPN guys try to go viral presenting hypotheses as fact has been some sh*t

The longer it drags, the more you’d like to assume the jets have a good answer b/c they have zero other qbs on the roster who can get the team close to the playoffs and the other qbs out there aren’t great options for a team that considers itself in win now mode.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Should we even presume the principals know the plan at this point?

I have been assuming that he's coming to the Jets, but I can't fathom why you wouldn't announce it last night or this morning. If we don't hear anything today, I think you have to assume he hasn't decided anything. 

Just now, Lith said:

When is he next on woth McAfee.  Is that Tuesdays.  If so, I would not be surprised if all is agreed to and he breaks the news tomorrow.  Past that, and I am assuming we will need to move on to Plan B.

I thought he was done with McAfee for the year?

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

The longer it drags, the more you’d like to assume the jets have a good answer b/c they have zero other qbs on the roster who can get the team close to the playoffs and the other qbs out there aren’t great options for a team that considers itself in win now mode.

yes it's true - but is that a safe assumption?  Tick, tick, tick, tick

How do you even know it’s Rodgers dragging it out?  How do you know it’s not the Jets and Packers working out all the parameters of the trade?  Or the Jets and Rodgers trying to rework his deal?  
You don’t, we don’t.  Have no idea what the start of FA has to do with it.

Either way. Jets need to move on. Either give GB what they want or tell them you’re out and move on.
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Should we even presume the principals know the plan at this point?

I have been assuming that he's coming to the Jets, but I can't fathom why you wouldn't announce it last night or this morning. If we don't hear anything today, I think you have to assume he hasn't decided anything. 

I think the principals do know, but maybe that’s wishful thinking so the jets aren’t the FA buttfumble.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And unless Wilson's playing career takes a positive turn down the road......Leaf was better.

Please tell me this was a joke? 2 TD and 15 INTs for Leaf. Zach has been bad but Ryan Leaf will forever hold the mantle for # 2 pick busts.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That is a good point and as long as he ends up on the Jets I will circle back and enjoy that part of it. Right now it is too painful.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1