Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's done.  It will be nice when Schefter or Rodgers himself announces it - but it's done.  

Rodgers is a Jet. 

I'm sure curious as to the comp and salary - but not panicked about the "if" anymore.

It will be better when 1JD makes an announcement.

I wonder what the other deal is? Lazard, Thielen, Hopkins, Baktiari?

• Upvote 1

To those who were puffing their chests out a few hours ago after our players started tweeting that “their sources” told them this was done before anyone else knew anything..

1. Why hasn’t either team announced a trade?

2.why hasn’t the trade been confirmed yet by anyone?

3. what did your people say we were sending Green Bay as compensation?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Cobb?  What a laughable joke.  Utterly laughable. 

This is like drafting Scotty McKnight.

New GM of the Jets, Aaron Rodgers.

If Rodgers wants him, I don’t have a problem with it.

There’s obviously no unfulfilled potential there, but he wouldn’t be anything more than the #4 WR and has some experience returning kicks/punts.

He’d basically be an older, cheaper Berrios replacement.

I still fully expect the Jets to replace Davis with someone like Thielen or Lazard. Though I wish they would aim higher and go after a guy like Hopkins or Mike Evans.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

I think its going to be Thielen. Im fine with either.

The guy that spilled it has been dead on with his predictions. He says he knows the Jets made a 2nd deal today and his "guess" is that it's Cobb.

His information, which he claims is from the Jets, lines up exactly with what I've heard from a Rodgers ally.

You all heard me say it recently. Rodgers was very close to retirement. When the season ended, he was 99% there. The Jets convinced him otherwise. Hackett was as huge as you think.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

i never said Jimmy G was better than Rodgers 

he's a little worse

but cost/benefit he delivers the same middle of the road production, the same injury profile as Rodgers at half the price 

He isn't "half the price" though.  Not even close.  He signed for 3 years, $73M with over $33M of that fully guaranteed.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

To those who were puffing their chests out after our players started tweeting a few hours ago that their sources told them this was done before anyone else knew anything..

1. why hasn’t the trade been confirmed yet by anyone?

2. what did your people say we were sending Green Bay as compensation?

We don't know. But the absence of evidence of it is not evidence of absence of it.

We have heard however that there is some sort of anti-media narrative that is like some sort of sunk cost with Rodgers and he has iced out certain media people. 

Rodgers is quite the bigger fish than the other players moving around this offseason...

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The guy that spilled it has been dead on with his predictions. He says he knows the Jets made a 2nd deal today and his "guess" is that it's Cobb.

His information, which he claims is from the Jets, lines up exactly with what I've heard from a Rodgers ally.

You all heard me say it recently. Rodgers was very close to retirement. When the season ended, he was 99% there. The Jets convinced him otherwise. Hackett was as huge as you think.

Is he going to be all in then?  

That's the big concern - don't want to talk a guy into playing that doesn't want to play.  NFL is not the kind of game you can just go through the motions.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Sooo...maybe it's not a done deal?

have you seen it on tv? i have

he looked speechless without knowing what to say  , he rolled his eyes , look at the ceiling and then spat out this drivel 

what in reality he should have said : Rodgers the Jets and the Packers are stone walled me and give me no info , i have nothing to say and i dont know what to do  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

he looked speechless without knowing what to say  , he rolled his eyes , look at the ceiling and then spat out this drivel 

what in reality he should have said : Rodgers the Jets and the Packers are stone walled me and give me no info , i have nothing to say and i dont know what to do  

Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Who has the info then?

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's the big concern - don't want to talk a guy into playing that doesn't want to play.  NFL is not the kind of game you can just go through the motions.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Rodgers understands that.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

this whole retirement scare is BS to me.

GB is the one who has the most to lose if he retires

If the Jets felt he was going to retire they could have pivot long ago

however if AR announced days/weeks ago he was not going to retire and wanted to be traded to the Jets that would make it very difficult for the Jets to get him cheap and allow the Jets to surround him with more talent.  GB would have more of an upper hand.

While AR stays silent my bet is GB is the one feeding Rappaport that he needs to provide his intentions so we know how hard to squeeze the Jets.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If Rodgers wants him, I don’t have a problem with it.

There’s obviously no unfulfilled potential there, but he wouldn’t be anything more than the #4 WR and has some experience returning kicks/punts.

He’d basically be an older, cheaper Berrios replacement.

I still fully expect the Jets to replace Davis with someone like Thielen or Lazard. Though I wish they would aim higher and go after a guy like Hopkins or Mike Evans.

Oh come on, 'if rodgers wants him'

Give the guy a years worth of money and make him a coach  or something.  Using viable rosters spots because a guy is buddies with the Qb is idiotic.

We already went and got a sub par oc as a start up to the rodgers boot licking.

Yeah we need to add more buddies of Rodgers at Wr to  make him happy.

The funny thing is if you point out Rodgers was not that great last year and every one comes running in saying he had no wrs and no weapons!  thus....we are going to run out and get all the guys he had last year,

Lazard and Cobb stink.

• Upvote 1