Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Is this sarcasm?

$10M a year to a JAG? A guy who couldnt get above 1000 yards playing with Rodgers for years? 

A lot of people were blaming GB mediocre offense last season on not having weapons on GB last year, and the plan is to bring in those guys?

10-11 mil is fair value for Lazard and he's likely replacing Corey Davis. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

That's GB's leverage? That means they have none. The Jets can walk away. Can GB? The Jets can always sign a mid level vet. It may not be what they want, but they can. GB can't undo their cap issues with AR, the animosity, or the fact that they have a first round pick wasting away.

You be trying to be like joe douglas when you say the bolded part, where are the jets going to walk away to after standing their after signing lazar and cobb and hackett as oc etc etc.

No Carr, No Grappollo, Lamar is a pipe dream.

The Jets have painted themselves into a corner and rodger is the only way out.

Hey I'd be happy enough for the jets to tell the packers and rodgers to shove it but they have gone past the point of no return and the packers and rodgers know it.

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

I like the idea of players letting Arod know too much of his shi+ won't be tolerated.

I mean if this is how it's starting...  come preseason, maybe the oline lets a DE through untouched to teach Aaron how to behave.

Great player.  But damn he can be annoying.

safe to say Reed isn't one

DJ_2Great @D7_Reed

Whatever 12 want, go get

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

"Star"  What does that even mean and why?

Means super productive wide receiver that has and can reliably catch contested balls and take the top of the defense.  This is needed to ensure the defense cannot perpetually double one guy.  On every play a reliable player capable of taking the ball to the house will be open.

Edited by Dunnie

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Who would it be hurting?

Lewis would cost nothing and be a 3rd TE and actually valuable for blocking.

Cobb would cost nothing and can be a 5th WR for us. Can only help the young guys like GW and Moore learn the system and get on the same page as AR.

Lazard is 27 and is probably the best FA WR available. Just so happens he played with AR. He'd be a great addition regardless.

The other thing about Cobb is on third down he always finds a spot on the field to be open for Rodgers.    Also just saw this on Lazard:

22 minutes ago, heymangold said:

They don’t really / no other team has even been said to have had interest in AR.  If they keep pushing then JD could just say, ok never mind, then the packers are stuck with a guy they owe 60M to and they don’t want anymore.

I agree. I'm not sure what leverage GB has. If anything, the leverage is with AR. 

No other team showed any worthwhile interest in AR. I'm sure there were phone calls but GB never even had cause to give him permission to talk to another team. On a side note, I think this speaks volumes to why pursuing him was a mistake in the first place. You're stuck now. If you don't get him you're fu*ked because no one is left so they've successfully put the team in a position where they are fu*ked either way. 

No one wants any part of the Salary... Except the Jets, of course ?. GB absolutely wants no part of that salary and that's why they have extremely little leverage. AR can always just say **** you, I'm not retiring I'm going to stick around and make you pay me. I suppose at that point GB could always just try to give up assets with AR to try to entice some team and essentially force him off their roster without cutting him. 

The trade should be something like AR and a 2nd/3rd for a 2025 7th for a team to take on that contract. Except we made the mistake of pinning our season on this one player and GB knows we're f*cked without him. But GB is f*cked with him so at this point the hold up is probably trying to figure out which team is going to end up f*cked more 

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Is this sarcasm?

$10M a year to a JAG? A guy who couldnt get above 1000 yards playing with Rodgers for years? 

A lot of people were blaming GB mediocre offense last season on not having weapons on GB last year, and the plan is to bring in those guys?

Corey Davis had a bigger contract, and Lazard has more chemistry with Rodgers. So given who Lazard is replacing and the other options, this isn't a terrible deal. 

Lazard is a great WR3 and might be a good WR2 as well. He isn't a WR1 though, like he was on Green Bay.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Good move at a time the free agent market came back down for WRs.  Can't have a superstar at every position. 

More durable and better red zone target than Davis.  Read he was a very good blocker.  Younger and on the upward trajectory.

Last 3 years below.  2023 might look like 75 catches, 1000 yards, 8-10 TDs.  

---------------------------------------------------------

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD
ATT
YDS
AVG

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I agree. I'm not sure what leverage GB has. If anything, the leverage is with AR. 

No other team showed any worthwhile interest in AR. I'm sure there were phone calls but GB never even had cause to give him permission to talk to another team. On a side note, I think this speaks volumes to why pursuing him was a mistake in the first place. You're stuck now. If you don't get him you're fu*ked because no one is left so they've successfully put the team in a position where they are fu*ked either way. 

No one wants any part of the Salary... Except the Jets, of course ?. GB absolutely wants no part of that salary and that's why they have extremely little leverage. AR can always just say **** you, I'm not retiring I'm going to stick around and make you pay me. I suppose at that point GB could always just try to give up assets with AR to try to entice some team and essentially force him off their roster without cutting him. 

The trade should be something like AR and a 2nd/3rd for a 2025 7th for a team to take on that contract. Except we made the mistake of pinning our season on this one player and GB knows we're f*cked without him. But GB is f*cked with him so at this point the hold up is probably trying to figure out which team is going to end up f*cked more 

GB’s only leverage would be to trade him for a song after June 1 and the jets would have a sports car with no driver

44 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Seems kind of judgemental and ignorant. Being a SB winner and multiple time league MVP is also not operating on a level most people operate on. Also, lets look at that "most people" concept. The average person isn't impressive whatsoever, and the bar for said group keeps getting lower and lower each day. Do you consider yourself as part of the "most people" group? Because they're a sad bunch heading for disaster in general. Don't aspire to be "most people" be yourself. 

Yeah, sorry dude.  Its not judgemental at all.  The dude doesn't operate on the same level.  You said it yourself:  Multiple time league MVP does not operate on same level.  They don't.  Not bad, not good.  They just operate differently.  And a dude drinking an ancient Amazonian tribal remedy used for spiritual purposes thousands of years and traditionally administered by a Shaman is not, repeat, NOT operating on the same level as most people in society today.   No judgement whatsoever.  In fact, I think its cool.  

As a fun ironical side-note: Wouldn't considering the average person as "Not impressive" with a lowering bar toward disaster not be, in fact, considered judgemental?  :) 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Aaron Rodgers always makes money for his partners [WRs].  One by one, our old friends are gone. Death, natural or not, prison, deported. Aaron Rodgers is the only one left, because he always made money for his partners.

Jets fans if this doesn't work out.

the godfather sigh GIF by Maudit

• Haha 3

I'm fine with Lazard as long as Wilson and Moore remain options 1 and 2 (with Moore in the slot). I'm ok with cutting or trading Corey Davis.  If Rodgers wants Cobb on the team as a 5th WR, so be it (so long as it at a very cheap price).  I'm also ok with Lewis as a blocking TE so long as Conklin and Ruckert remain on the roster. If Lewis means Ruckert is in jeopardy, then NFW.  Rodgers is the QB, not the GM. He's only going to be here for a year or two and I want this team to have a future beyond 2023.   Rodgers on the roster does not guarantee a playoff spot in the AFC, let alone a SB.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Corey Davis had a bigger contract, and Lazard has more chemistry with Rodgers. So given who Lazard is replacing and the other options, this isn't a terrible deal. 

Lazard is a great WR3 and might be a good WR2 as well. He isn't a WR1 though, like he was on Green Bay.

Adams was always WR1 on Green Bay until he landed in Vegas last year. He wasn't replaced, making Lazard WR1.  Not a good role for Lazard and I believe it artificially inflated his numbers last year.  He's at least as capable as Corey Davis and more durable.  And he has value in that he can teach the Jets WR's how to deal with Rodgers (and how not to....  Elijah) and of course his own familiarity with a Rodgers led offense.  Getting him for $22 milllion for the next two years while Rodgers is here for both (hopefully) is a no brainer.  After that there's no guaranty, so this might be short term.  That's an ok deal IMHO.

• Upvote 3