Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Schefter has to be pulling his nut hair out.  Poor little journalist didn't get the big scoop of the offseason.  Curious to see how he handles this.

Meanwhile...this smells an awful lot like...

LeBron James' "The Decision" to air on ESPN - Channel Guide Magazine

And I really am not a fan of it, but it is what it is.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Been at work following McAfee and all the jets bloggers the last week. And this crap happens on the day I’m golfing and will at the course at this time. Luckily the guys I’m playing with won’t mind if I’m steaming while playing. None are Jets fans though.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Been at work following McAfee and all the jets bloggers the last week. And this crap happens on the day I’m golfing and will at the course at this time. Luckily the guys I’m playing with won’t mind if I’m steaming while playing. None are Jets fans though.

Neither are 40% here. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Well said. The Jets are going to get snidely ripped by the beat guys for the next six months because they’re all chapped by being shut out of this process and they’ll want their revenge. If Rodgers plays well and the Jets win, it’d be like Belichick v. Ron Borges all over again. 

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

What's great is Schefter and Rap are going to have to report about the Pat McAfee show.  

Must kill them.

Makes me so happy.

I honestly don’t dislike like Rap too much. But Scheffty and his ego are too much for me. So it is making me happy to see them not in the know. And not be the ones breaking any of this.

Exactly what AR wanted really

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Makes me so happy.

I honestly don’t dislike like Rap too much. But Scheffty and his ego are too much for me. So it is making me happy to see them not in the know. And not be the ones breaking any of this.

Exactly what AR wanted really

I don't have animosity toward either - I just find it funny.

This whole thing is ridiculous but I must admit I'm enjoying it.

• Upvote 3

I hope if/when Rodgers does announce he's accepting a trade to the Jets that he does it in some grand fashion that helps explain why he delayed so much.  Something like "Jet Fans - you've waited for 54 years.  And if I can help it, you're not going to have to wait much longer"

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't have animosity toward either - I just find it funny.

This whole thing is ridiculous but I must admit I'm enjoying it.

Yes it is getting drug out. But really can’t think of anyone big we’ve missed out on that it’s affected us. Ward might be the only guy I wanted that signed elsewhere.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Well said. The Jets are going to get snidely ripped by the beat guys for the next six months because they’re all chapped by being shut out of this process and they’ll want their revenge. If Rodgers plays well and the Jets win, it’d be like Belichick v. Ron Borges all over again. 

Of all the handjobby myths you guys are inventing, positing Rodgers as some Q-like figure who will finally make The Media pay for their crimes is the weirdest. The Jets beat is full of tissue-soft kids and lazy veterans, and the second Rodgers gets here, they all get to spend a season at the center of the football universe. None of them will care that Wingo and McAfee broke the story, because they all have books to write. It’ll be six months of them making goo-goo eyes at Rodgers every time he makes a high school-level quip.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hope if/when Rodgers does announce he's accepting a trade to the Jets that he does it in some grand fashion that helps explain why he delayed so much.  Something like "Jet Fans - you've waited for 54 years.  And if I can help it, you're not going to have to wait much longer"

It will be super interesting to hear what he has to say tomorrow.  

I would be shocked if it's not announced by then (or he announces it on the show) and assuming that's the case.  I expect they'll be some type of explanation as to what's been going on.  Then some type of thank you to the GB fans and organization...

And then - YES...an exiting overture to Jet fans to build some excitement.

• Upvote 1