Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

So now you're saying you do care?

as expected, you ducked the question...AGAIN.

but since you keep responding to me, i will ask (i) why you spent so much time debating so many people on this matter and (ii) since it seems something of great interest to YOU, if you think what joe did was tampering, then wouldn't the same be true of the packers GM when he spoke about parameters of a trade?  if not, why not?

of course, i know you won't answer the question which i've now asked 3 times.  which of course says a lot more about you than me.

5 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

He also said Beckham was signing with the Jets 

I think they would had Baltimore not stepped in at the 11th hour to over pay for him. Ravens made that move knowing full well if he went to NY, they would probably lose him.

On 4/9/2023 at 8:30 PM, Warfish said:

Again, there was no tampering.  The Jets got permission to speak to Rodgers, almost assuredly in writing as required, and that fact allows public comment.  So no, there was no tampering.  Stop buying what the trolls like Cimini are selling.

This. Any suggestion of tampering is amazingly naive!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Ever worked for a multi billion dollar organization before?  When the guy in charge says "I would like xyz", it means "do xyz".

Yeah but where is the leak that says Woody said not to offer a contract? You said there was a leak that said that. That's obviously not accurate. You're inferring something from a source of,  let me check my notes, Matthew Berry lol. The dude has zero connections to anything.   What probably happened is Carr's agent spoke to Berry and told him that the jets owner really wants Aaron Rodgers and that's why Carr hasn't been offered a contract yet. The fact that he mentions the front office specifically wants Carr over Rodgers is most likely bs considering nobody ever knows what the Jets are thinking. But somehow Berry found out? Lol

Mark Murphy: We’re working on Aaron Rodgers trade, nothing more to say

Posted by Josh Alper on April 11, 2023, 1:26 PM EDT

It’s been almost a month since Aaron Rodgers said his intention is to be the Jets quarterback in 2023, but Rodgers remains on the Packers roster because the two teams have not worked out a trade agreement yet.

Packers president Mark Murphy didn’t shed any light onto when that might change when he spoke to reporters ahead of a five-day tour of Wisconsin to promote the team. Murphy said he expects to be asked about Rodgers often on that tour and that he anticipates “saying there’s no update” over the course of the trip.

Murphy said Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst and Jets G.M. Joe Douglas have been talking, but that there’s no timeline in place to wrap things up when he was asked if the team wants to get the trade done before the draft starts in two weeks.

“That’s something Brian’s working on. I’ve been actively involved. There’s really nothing more to say,” Murphy said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.

Murphy noted that his first tour of Wisconsin after joining the Packers was the same year that saw Brett Favre get traded to the Jets and closed his comments by saying that he’s “hopeful that Jordan Love turns out to be a similar quarterback” to Rodgers once everything finally gets completed in this trade between the teams.

Hearing many who don’t want this deal to happen because we aren’t close to being in contention. That is just ridiculous, but I am not gonna argue with the senior posters here. Personally think these fans are just preparing themselves for disappointment in case it doesn’t happen. Anyone who cares more about a 2nd round pick and salary cap over having a chance at winning, making the playoffs, and having competency at QB, is just an anxious SOJ Jets fan, preparing for a letdown. 

This gets done before or during the draft for many reasons. 

1) The Packers want draft capital this year. 

2) Cap really doesn’t matter to them with a very young team just trying to tread water with a young QB. Getting it out of the way now might be better for them. 

3) There might be a guy available at #13 that may be attractive to them to complete a deal at that point (swapping 1s). I don’t like swapping 1s, but if that and a 2nd get it done, then great. Packers likely want a WR early. Personally don’t think the Jets need or want a 1st round WR. This could be a built in agreement now, in case the opportunity is there, amongst other scenarios  

4) The Jets know they have no competition for Rodgers with another NFL team, despite the Craig Carton nonsense. But making it happen at the draft will allow us to possibly make other draft day deals, that they wouldn’t make without Rodgers, such as a trade for Deandre Hopkins or Mike Evans. 

5) As previously mentioned, the Packers are likely waiting this out for a draft day deal that might have already been agreed upon, with many scenarios in play.

The Packers are likely waiting on Woody to cave like he has in the past and everyone knows how much he wants Rodgers. If we can get to the draft, the Packers will give in and realize that they need draft capital this year.

But, unlike the cartoon on WFAN, I don’t feel that a trade not happening prior to the draft means it doesn’t happen at all. Rodgers already working out with Lazard and letting it be filmed, was an intentional message as to where he is playing this year, no matter what the Packers or anyone else, would like to make you think. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Anyone who cares more about a 2nd round pick and salary cap over having a chance at winning, making the playoffs, and having competency at QB, is just an anxious SOJ Jets fan, preparing for a letdown. 

Rodgers is a one year bandaid. It is a horrible plan

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

On 4/10/2023 at 11:19 AM, fusionCA said:

No superstar wants to play for the Knicks, it's an organization just as bad as the jets with an even worse owner .

the rangers play in the same building and the same owner and they have plenty of great players that have come to NY as FA's - patrick kane wanted to be traded there.  the owner argument doesn't really hold water.  with woody - his money is as green as any other owners.

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lamar Jackson sat out a playoff game over money he’s not going to get. 

The Packers eating the contract and not trading him out of spite would be the dumbest move the GM could make. Especially with the rationale that he is on the hot seat.

More picks is better than no picks. Every time.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiF said:

uh oh, Bakhtiari has some inside scoop.  Maybe Rodgers returned the darkness and came out 90% retired this time.

He's just throwing sh*t out there because he's probably pissed his buddy Rodgers didn't have him on the list of players he wants on the Jets.