Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

50 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He just met with the Jets yesterday.  It is his life and his decision to make.  It's also been the first couple months he hasn't been drowning in football.

This forum is full of people crying and complaining about being him a "prima donna attention whore" for taking "too long" to make a decision.  Seriously?  Time to look in the mirror, bud.  You are getting upset because a guy isn't deciding his next career move fast enough.  Lol?  It's like the paparazzi chasing down a celebrity and then complaining that they're too much of an attention seeker.

Rodgers is not beholden to anyone.  Just because the stupid media and stupid fans are impatiently refreshing twitter over and over doesn't mean he has to make a hasty decision, nor does that make him a prima donna attention whore.  I know if I was in his shoes I'd tell everyone to f*ck off and that I'd decide when I'm good and ready to.

But I want him now 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Jets are bullish on Mimsy?  I'm surprised to hear that.  I had hopes for him going into last year but he was a let down, imo.  Happy to hear the team sees potential in him.  I definitely thought he showed something his rookie year.

As for Eli Moore, the scenario you laid out (don't tolerate the antics—if he doesn’t buckle up and shut up he’d be gone) is exactly how I want the organization to handle him.  

Thank you for the update, btw!  

If the Jets land Rodgers, I don't foresee Moore causing any issues.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bakhtiari and Lazard?

I think those two make the most sense. Honestly, if he wants Cobb badly as a cheap, cheap #5 WR and option behind Moore, why not? At such a low cost?

If you go GW-Lazard-Moore-Mims-Cobb, I would sign on in a heartbeat. 

But here's the kicker. He comes to a team like the Jets? With their young talent? Veterans who want a ring will take less to come here. Is it even possible to dream of both Lazard and Thelien? Could they maneuver enough cap space to make that happen? That makes the Jets a top 5 offense in the league.

Same thing with the line. Bakhtiari comes. Does Linsley come in on the cheap? Does the line in front of Rodgers solidify with some of his guys joining what is already here?

This could be unfamiliar territory for us as Jets fans. Players may actually want to come here, and may even take less, if this were to happen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He just met with the Jets yesterday.  It is his life and his decision to make.  It's also been the first couple months he hasn't been drowning in football.

This forum is full of people crying and complaining about being him a "prima donna attention whore" for taking "too long" to make a decision.  Seriously?  Time to look in the mirror, bud.  You are getting upset because a guy isn't deciding his next career move fast enough.  Lol?  It's like the paparazzi chasing down a celebrity and then complaining that they're too much of an attention seeker.

Rodgers is not beholden to anyone.  Just because the stupid media and stupid fans are impatiently refreshing twitter over and over doesn't mean he has to make a hasty decision, nor does that make him a prima donna attention whore.  I know if I was in his shoes I'd tell everyone to f*ck off and that I'd decide when I'm good and ready to.

So true. I think any of us would be entitled to a little time to make a decision that would move us halfway across the country. It's not something you can decide in five minutes.

• Upvote 2