### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

How sad is it that we are already rooting for a LT after drafting the franchise LT couple years ago? 
Not as sad as waiting all off-season for us to trade for a franchise QB - after drafting the franchise QB two years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, slats said:

I want the WR. Give me JSN. Let’s load Rodgers up with weapons. Would also put them in position to pivot and trade Davis for -hopefully- a third or fourth rounder this year. 

Better WR group, more cap room, and another player in the top 130 or so. 

Draft JSN, keep Davis and run 5 wide with Lazard as the H receiver,  Hardman and JSN in the slots (F and Y), Davis and GW on the outsides (X and Z).

• Upvote 1

Not really digging the whole "let's draft a tackle with the 15th". 

I think the OL has been dragged down by Qb play over the course of the last season's. With Rodgers being the Qb, I believe that we will see a much more efficient unit. 

I'm way more inclined to draft some IOL pieces in the later rounds.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I kinda feel there's no huge hole they need to draft for. Just take the best player. Fine with pass rusher too. Never hurts to have too many. 

Well, Washington is not going to exercise Chase Young's 5th year option.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

The Jets OL has been dogsh*t to every one of it's QBs, not just Wilson

The numbers don't bear this out.  Sack percent last two seasons;

• Wilson: 2022 - 8.7%; 2021 - 10.3%
  • White: 2022 - 4.9% : 2021 - 2.9%
  • Flacco:  2022 - 5.0%; 2021 - 4.5%

White and Flacco were sacked about 5% of their dropbacks last year; Would have been top 6 in the NFL last season.  Wilson's 8.7% would have been 27th.

Its not just about mobility.  This year, we are going to have a QB who has seen everything a DC can throw at him, goes through progressions quickly and efficiently, knows how to read defenses and set protections, understands where the rush is coming from and knows where his checkdowns are.  I think that can make a difference.  I will be happy if OL is the pick, but I do think Rodgers presence will elevate the play of the OL. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I like Bergeron. Not sure he's the guy at 15, but in a trade back scenario...

I got him in the early 3rd of the JN mock.  I like him, but he reads like a finesse tackle and his arms are sub-34" so they see him as marginal for a T.  He seems kind of scheme specific for zone running teams.   Doesn't sound like the direction a team looking to move on from McGovern because they "wanted a mauler" will look. 

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

The numbers don't bear this out.  Sack percent last two seasons;

• Wilson: 2022 - 8.7%; 2021 - 10.3%
  • White: 2022 - 4.9% : 2021 - 2.9%
  • Flacco:  2022 - 5.0%; 2021 - 4.5%

White and Flacco were sacked about 5% of their dropbacks last year; Would have been top 6 in the NFL last season.  Wilson's 8.7% would have been 27th.

Its not just about mobility.  This year, we are going to have a QB who has seen everything a DC can throw at him, goes through progressions quickly and efficiently, knows how to read defenses and set protections, understands where the rush is coming from and knows where his checkdowns are.  I think that can make a difference.  I will be happy if OL is the pick, but I do think Rodgers presence will elevate the play of the OL. 

Geez, your basing this on sacks alone?  Big mistake.  I know you watched the games. Flacco was constantly under intense pressure.  Constantly. White has his fair share as well. But he and Flacco got rid of the ball, sidelines, INTs sometimes, but they got rid of it.  Try using pressures instead of sacks.  Maybe it will be more revealing.  The OL has been atrocious to all Jets QBs, including White and Flacco.  It's not just Zach.  All of them have been in "run for your life mode".   Don't be surprised if JD goes Brick/Mangold with his first pair of choices today and tomorrow.