### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

30 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Not really digging the whole "let's draft a tackle with the 15th". 

I think the OL has been dragged down by Qb play over the course of the last season's. With Rodgers being the Qb, I believe that we will see a much more efficient unit. 

I'm way more inclined to draft some IOL pieces in the later rounds.

It's a good point. However, MB is a huge question mark until he proves otherwise and the other guy is pretty old.  The position needs a strong investment also since injuries happen.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Have a feeling something outside the OL is coming tonight. My gut says Cancey but I can 100% see a TE coming to NY and for the record I’m 100% here for it - would love it

I've been wanting them to draft a legit pass-catching TE forever.

But it doesn't make much sense if they're all in for '23.

TE is an especially hard transition from college to the pros.  Kelce basically redshirted his rookie year.

Pitts compiled stats in year 1, but headed into year 3, he has yet to truly breakout.

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Geez, your basing this on sacks alone?  Big mistake.  I know you watched the games. Flacco was constantly under intense pressure.  Constantly. White has his fair share as well. But he and Flacco got rid of the ball, sidelines, INTs sometimes, but they got rid of it.  Try using pressures instead of sacks.  Maybe it will be more revealing.  The OL has been atrocious to all Jets QBs, including White and Flacco.  It's not just Zach.  All of them have been in "run for your life mode".   Don't be surprised if JD goes Brick/Mangold with his first pair of choices today and tomorrow. 

I think the constant "swiss cheese OL" takes are overblown.  Yes I watched the games.  Last season, the OL was solid the first half of the season, until the injuries caught up with them and we were starting guys we plucked off the street two weeks earlier.   Messy pockets are a fact of life in the NFL.  

Your point is taken about Flacco -- but he also is a slow processor.  Team pressure rate last season was 23.3%.  23rd in the league.  Wilson and Flacco both at about 26%.  White was about 16% --  which would have been top 5 in the league.  Year before, WIlson and Flacco  were both about 30% which is horrific.  White at about 19%.  A QB who can process quickly can avoid pressure.  It is not all about the OL.

I expect Rodgers to make a difference in OL play.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Lith said:

I think the constant "swiss cheese OL" takes are overblown.  Yes I watched the games.  Last season, the OL was solid the first half of the season, until the injuries caught up with them and we were starting guys we plucked off the street two weeks earlier.   Messy pockets are a fact of life in the NFL.  

Your point is taken about Flacco -- but he also is a slow processor.  Team pressure rate last season was 23.3%.  23rd in the league.  Wilson and Flacco both at about 26%.  White was about 16% --  which would have been top 5 in the league.  Year before, WIlson and Flacco  were both about 30% which is horrific.  White at about 19%.  A QB who can process quickly can avoid pressure.  It is not all about the OL.

He should and I'm sure he will.  But I think JD is resolved to remove the dog poo for good.  We'll see.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

few bets i made 

• Zay Flowers #1 WR 
  • Dalton Kincaide #1 TE
  • Robinson #2 RB
  • Gibbs #1 RB
  • Robinson to ATL
  • Levis to HOU

Flowers #1 WR?   Wow.  Which team?

I agree on Kincaid. I hope spelling doesn't count for you.

Rbs flip?  Interesting, but don't think so.

Good choice for falcons there.  Highly possible. Last year's RB pick looks good though. 

Levis to Houston or Tennessee.  I'd make a bet on both.  Big rumor that Titans are moving up for him. 

• Haha 1

We just literally pushed all our chips in with Rodgers, our oline has a history of getting hurt.

The people wanting to let oline slide to later rounds better recall their words after week one when becton goes down.

If there is one position to over build it is the oline, always.

I'll take a guy even a guard that plays 100% of snaps rather than some edge guy we are going to play 50% of the time.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

few bets i made 

• Zay Flowers #1 WR 
  • Dalton Kincaide #1 TE
  • Robinson #2 RB
  • Gibbs #1 RB
  • Robinson to ATL
  • Levis to HOU

are you assuming atlanta trades down and then grabs robinson?  because i have a hard time seeing him as the 2nd RB taken if he's going 8th overall

32 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree but Brown will retire after the season and Mcgovern, Becton, and Tomlinson will all be free agents....with no 1st rounder and a large Rodgers cap hit it's probably a smart decision to get another tackle on the team incase of injury and for next year.

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If Bijan Robinson available at 15 would you draft him. We saw what happened to our offense after Breece injured and can he fully recover? 

Possibly, yes. If no takers for trade down and he’s head and shoulders above the rest of our board.

Can’t have enough “best players on the field”, however, I’d be pissed.

17 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

this makes no sense

why would the cardinals have to add DH to the trade for a lower pick

and why would the titans pay up for a veteran WR if they are going into rebuilding mode (and trading up for the #3 pick means rebuilding around a young QB)