Jets Sign Ancient WR Randall Cobb

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Randall Cobb is an ancient 32 but played the last two years. Meanwhile people were crying that we didn’t give OBJ, who will turn 31 this season, more than $18M. Or trade assets and pay big for the soon to be 31 year old DeAndre Hopkins. 

I don’t know if this true or not, but he’s certainly had some success with Rodgers and would only be a very part time player here for a near minimum salary, I would guess. 

DeAndre Hopkins and Randall Cobb are definitely comparable players.

• WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t hate this move? Clearly, he’s done and washed. I do like the leadership he brings and I only think it will benefit GW. He’s rarely going to see playing time. 

He will also have like 2-3 games where he pops off, so nice to have that depth.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

He will also have like 2-3 games where he pops off, so nice to have that depth.

He’ll make some clutch plays.  He also is likely to be hurt more than he plays.   And he takes up a roster spot that could have gone to a young talented WR who could help in a year or two.   That was the problem I had every year with keeping Cobb and Lewis around     Add to that Lazard who’s peaked as just a guy and that’s two roster spots that won’t be improving with time 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t hate this move? Clearly, he’s done and washed. I do like the leadership he brings and I only think it will benefit GW. He’s rarely going to see playing time. 

I like it as well.

Sure he is at the end of his career but he is a short yardage endzone target who rodgers trusts and most important catches the ball. 

2 minutes ago, ptisme said:

He’ll make some clutch plays.  He also is likely to be hurt more than he plays.   And he takes up a roster spot that could have gone to a young talented WR who could help in a year or two.   That was the problem I had every year with keeping Cobb and Lewis around 

The Packers still found time for Watson and Dobbs. I think that if Cobb is your 3rd guy, that's bad, but as a 5th guy? He won't take up a young talented WR's roster spot.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1