May 31 OTA Updates

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Jets should install a parking meter on Bectons spot to recoup some cash at this point. I’m talking Manhattan garage rates.

It’s gotta be 50/50 they flip him somewhere for a fourth round pick before the end of camp.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

An indirect shot at Elijah Moore 

Saleh going passive-aggressive in his presser today

Understand what he’s trying to say, but let’s be real:  a lot of dudes in the league wouldn’t preoccupy themselves with stats if they already bagged the kind of money the Jets gave Davis

The locker room stuff is great I suppose but he’s been an oft-injured non-difference making player on the field

All pass(ive aggressive) no brakes

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Agree.  I watched Kapp play wit my Wife's Cousin's Son  He had major talent

I've only ever seen him play in clips. But some notable vets like Garrett Wilson and Jermaine Johnson have praised him on Twitter, and he shows up a lot in recent photos on the Jets' website. You don't see that often with longshot guys signed after rookie camp.

Connecting those dots with the fact that the Jets added him after rookie camp despite having already signed several prominent UDFA WRs to decent contracts tells me that the Jets like Kapp quite a lot.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

I thought Dean was expected to need hip surgery at some point?

I didn't know that. I knew he had suffered a hip injury, but I thought he was rehabbing. Could possibly make him an IR stash candidate this year.

Random question - when does the Hard Knocks team get announced? Last year, the Lions were announced as the team before the draft, I believe. Most are expecting it to be the Jets, but just wondering when we can expect to hear something official. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Duane Brown, 37, coming back from rotator cuff surgery, says he came back this year because he wants to win. Has all the individual accolades, now wants a ring: “I’ve got plenty left.” Not sure if he will be ready for training camp. Says it will be up to docs. #Jets

That (and Becton of course) explains the rotating door of OTs we have been signing

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I didn't know that. I knew he had suffered a hip injury, but I thought he was rehabbing. Could possibly make him an IR stash candidate this year.

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Florida-football-Trey-Dean-UF-Pro-Day-NFL-Draft-Gators-Billy-Napier-Jets-Bucs-Packers-207609677/

Looking to solidify his spot in the upcoming NFL Draft, Dean has opted to battle through his injury – an ailment that more than likely will require surgery, and an extensive recovery period, for Dean to fully recover.

• Upvote 2

Love seeing Breece make cuts, with an ACL that's more important than the straight line running.
I can't remember a player I was so excited to see come back... can't wait for this guy to dominate... did he play any games against Buffalo or New England?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

I can't remember a player I was so excited to see come back... can't wait for this guy to dominate... did he play any games against Buffalo or New England?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Pennington. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Random question - when does the Hard Knocks team get announced? Last year, the Lions were announced as the team before the draft, I believe. Most are expecting it to be the Jets, but just wondering when we can expect to hear something official. 

I would imagine any time now it will be announced.  They usually start some filming during mandatory mini camp so they have, at the very least, some footage for promo material etc.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

On March 28, 2022, it was announced that the Detroit Lions would be the team featured for the upcoming 2022 season premiering on August 9, 2022.[49]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Knocks_(2001_TV_series)

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

On March 28, 2022, it was announced that the Detroit Lions would be the team featured for the upcoming 2022 season premiering on August 9, 2022.[49]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Knocks_(2001_TV_series)

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Exactly. 

It makes me wonder if the NFL wants it to be the Jets and the Jets are pushing back behind the scenes. Saleh already said he'd prefer fewer distractions when asked about it, so I wonder if the Jets as a whole are not thrilled with being this year's obvious choice. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Love seeing Breece make cuts, with an ACL that's more important than the straight line running.

Agree. Very surprised to see that he is not wearing a brace at this point in his rehab either. He's about 7 months post-op

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Prior to AR, Teddy was the best QB we've had on the roster in more than a decade.  This team could put on a clinic on mismanagement.  :( Hoping for more/better from here on out (looking at you JD)

The Jets signed him as a free agent when he wasn’t yet fully recovered from his knee destruction, then turned around and packaged him with a sixth round pick to get a third rounder back. That was pretty good if you ask me. He wasn’t himself again until the following year. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Exactly. 

It makes me wonder if the NFL wants it to be the Jets and the Jets are pushing back behind the scenes. Saleh already said he'd prefer fewer distractions when asked about it, so I wonder if the Jets as a whole are not thrilled with being this year's obvious choice. 

The Jets are by far the most interesting story but hopefully the NFL is sympathetic to not distracting a team that went all-in for two years of attempts at a SB. If the team doesn't implode or make it to the SB, there will always be an argument for every team in the future that the show blew it for the Jets. Teams might still be forced to participate but they'll work to make the show unwatchable. 

Chicago would be a good alternative. Whether Justin Fields can make it or Chicago drafts a top draft pick is a storyline that carries through the season. They also have a new face in GB mixing up that division. It's not like Chicago is a serious contender.

• Upvote 3