Who is the best QB that ever played for the NY Jets?

Bronx

11 minutes ago, PepPep said:

If you are talking about a JETS QB. Its gotta be Namath, no? 

Rodgers hasn't taken a single snap as a Jet yet. 

Depends if you are talking about the best QB to ever play for the Jets, or the best QB as a Jet. 

• Upvote 1

As of right now the best QB to have ever played for the Jets is Brett Favre. He's not the guy who played the best at QB for the Jets, but he's the best QB to have ever played for the team. As soon as Rodgers takes his first regular season snap, it will be Aaron

• Upvote 2

Rodgers

I get that Namath is an icon within this fanbase and I unfortunately only got to watch him when he was on his way out and his knees were a couple of grapes attached to toothpicks.

But to put Namath above Rodgers is absurd.

I get that many in New York/Jersey haven’t watched a sh*t ton of Packers games aside from the occasional Monday/Sunday night contest over the years, but even then you should realize the batsh*t crazy talent that the guy has always possessed.

Not until Mahomes came along would I consider a QB as naturally gifted as Rodgers.

And we’re jumping to that from years and years of the Mark Sanchez’s, Geno Smith’s, Sam Darnold’s and Zach Wilson’s. With all of the over the hill, journeyman sh*t peppered in between.

Buckle up, fellas. Sh*ts gonna be fun this year, at the very least.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Chad LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOOL OMG Chad LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sad but true Chad is in the conversation who else is there to make a top 5 of Jets QBs Maybe Sanchez? Farve? 
Obie IMO is #2 

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Rodgers

I get that Namath is an icon within this fanbase and I unfortunately only got to watch him when he was on his way out and his knees were a couple of grapes attached to toothpicks.

I get that many in New York/Jersey haven’t watched a sh*t ton of Packers games aside from the occasional Monday/Sunday night contest over the years, but even then you should realize the batsh*t crazy talent that the guy has always possessed.

Not until Mahomes came along would I consider a QB as naturally gifted as Rodgers.

And we’re jumping to that from years and years of the Mark Sanchez’s, Geno Smith’s, Sam Darnold’s and Zach Wilson’s. With all of the over the hill, journeyman sh*t peppered in between.

Half Baked Boo GIF

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

If we are talking for career not just on the Jets it's Brett Farve. 

It’s still Aaron Rodgers

In what metric does Favre beat out Rodgers?

I loved Favre, but no one is mentioning him as arguably one of the Top 5 QB’s to ever step on a football field.

After Brady and Montana, you could easily make the argument that Rodgers is 3rd in line.

35 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Rodgers

Boooooooooooooooooooo

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s still Aaron Rodgers

In what metric does Favre beat out Rodgers?

I loved Favre, but no one is mentioning him as arguably one of the Top 5 QB’s to ever step on a football field.

After Brady and Montana, you could easily make the argument that Rodgers is 3rd in line.

This comment is 100% false and a simple search proves it. Plenty of top 10 qb lists none of them have rodgers in the top 5 let alone top 3 and plenty have Farve over Rodgers. Which ones are legit rankings thats for you to decide but plenty of people mention Farve as one of the top qbs of all time. 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Rodgers

Put Namath in todays game with todays medicine and it wouldn’t be close.  Namath in a landslide
Different eras. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Rodgers

The Office Reaction GIF

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

As of right now the best QB to have ever played for the Jets is Brett Favre. He's not the guy who played the best at QB for the Jets, but he's the best QB to have ever played for the team. As soon as Rodgers takes his first regular season snap, it will be Aaron

I do not agree with this. Namath was the best QB that the Jets have ever had. You really can't compare stats and eras. Namath was more talented than Rodgers and Favre. And had a bigger arm. If Namath was paying today he would be a complete monster.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

This comment is 100% false and a simple search proves it. Plenty of top 10 qb lists none of them have rodgers in the top 5 let alone top 3 and plenty have Farve over Rodgers. Which ones are legit rankings thats for you to decide but plenty of people mention Farve as one of the top qbs of all time. 

False my nutsack 

Aaron Rodgers is the most efficient QB in NFL history.

Some of you guys are acting like this dude isn’t a single year removed from back to back MVP campaigns where he posted 85 TD’s vs 9 INT’s and was the guy that the Broncos really wanted over Russ.

He’s been the very definition of supreme efficiency over the years that you would be hard pressed to match in a f*cking Madden videogame, much less real life.

12 hours ago, Untouchable said:

False my nutsack 

Aaron Rodgers is the most efficient QB in NFL history.

Some of you guys are acting like this dude isn’t a single year removed from back to back MVP campaigns where he posted 85 TD’s vs 9 INT’s and was the guy that the Broncos really wanted over Russ.

He’s been the very definition of supreme efficiency over the years that you would be hard pressed to match in a f*cking Madden videogame, much less real life.

Calm down bro, Aaron rodgers isn't going to see this. I never said Rodgers isn't great. So you can take his dick out your mouth now. 

19 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Depends if you are talking about the best QB to ever play for the Jets, or the best QB as a Jet. 

It doesn't matter. Its silly top put Rodgers there when he hasn't played a snap for the Jets. For all we know he may completely fall off a cliff as soon as he steps on the field in a Jet uniform. Will that still make him the best QB as a Jet? Because of what he did in GB? Just seems like twisted logic to me. 

15 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Agree that plenty of people mention Favre - and they both are all-time greats. Favre just threw SO many more interceptions than Rodgers has, including a few of them that ended his team’s season.

I’d be very curious to hear a cogent argument from someone outlining why Favre was better than Rodgers. 

• Upvote 1