Jacked Lazard Ready to Ball!

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lazard has had every opportunity to provide WR1 production and never been capably even when other players injuries and chemistry gave him the ball force fed. I hope he grows and can be that type of guy but I think the best version of LAzard wwe can hope to get is big body WR2 type that has some red zone capabilities. 750 yards and 7 TDs. Him blocking a lil to help the run game, honesttly that would be great. But I dont see a world where is finishes better than Corey Davis, who should be our WR2 and 1000 yard guy.

You don’t give $11 mil AAV for CD backup play do you? I think they’re expecting more. I sure hope so

• Thumb Down 1

19 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lazard has had every opportunity to provide WR1 production and never been capably even when other players injuries and chemistry gave him the ball force fed. I hope he grows and can be that type of guy but I think the best version of LAzard wwe can hope to get is big body WR2 type that has some red zone capabilities. 750 yards and 7 TDs. Him blocking a lil to help the run game, honesttly that would be great. But I dont see a world where is finishes better than Corey Davis, who should be our WR2 and 1000 yard guy.

Him blocking a lil is an understatement. His value is being an elite blocker that is also capable of putting up that 750/7 season. If you are looking to build a highlight reel group of WRs then Lazard is definitely not your guy. Very little upside. But if you are trying to build a well rounded offense then Lazard is a very good addition. Not flashy. Not the guy you want on your fantasy team. But when Breece Hall turns a 6 yard run to a 70 yard TD, there is a good chance there will be a block by a guy like Lazard that help spring him. 

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Hoping he’s been doing some speed work as well. If he can provide solid 1B production to GW 1A and continue to offer solid downfield blocking, I think Corey could see limited opportunities.

Is it just me, or does he look like a Supersized Garrett Wilson?

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Him blocking a lil is an understatement. His value is being an elite blocker that is also capable of putting up that 750/7 season. If you are looking to build a highlight reel group of WRs then Lazard is definitely not your guy. Very little upside. But if you are trying to build a well rounded offense then Lazard is a very good addition. Not flashy. Not the guy you want on your fantasy team. But when Breece Hall turns a 6 yard run to a 70 yard TD, there is a good chance there will be a block by a guy like Lazard that help spring him. 

Formsure he is basically a blocking te with upside and I think he will be used well in our system. But is not a wr 1 nor is his expected to be

• Upvote 1

As for Paul’s bad teeth… I feel bad for the guy… it’s expensive to get that fixed (and spending 2-3k+ on Invisalign wouldn’t fix everything)

Dental insurance is barely a thing, and I doubt he sees 6 figures despite having a job and a few side hustles.

• Thumb Down 1

On 6/23/2023 at 3:36 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

788 receiving yards as Rodgers full time first read an entire season.  That’s not good.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 6/24/2023 at 12:25 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He is Eric Decker... 

• Thumb Down 1

On 6/23/2023 at 4:36 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

750 yards and 7 TDs for our 3rd receiver with what 1400 to our 1 and 1000 to our #2 

I’ll take it right now.  Lazard wasn’t brought in to be a #1 WR

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

788 receiving yards as Rodgers full time first read an entire season.  That’s not good.

Well it was not as simple as that, but he was just not capable of doing what a wr 1 can and he had ever opportunity. Maybe he can grow into a higher echelon of wr. Bit right now he is wr3. A pretty damn good one but still a wR 3

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well it was not as simple as that, but he was just not capable of doing what a wr 1 can and he had ever opportunity. Maybe he can grow into a higher echelon of wr. Bit right now he is wr3. A pretty damn good one but still a wR 3

Why does he go from WR1 to WR3?  Yes, he was a low-tier WR1 last season, but he was a WR2 most of his career.  Yes he only had 511 yards as WR2 in 2021, but that team went 13-4 and put up some points.  Since 2017, the Jets have had 2 receivers with more than 511 yards twice - 2019 with Anderson and Crowder both over 750 and last season with our WR2 having 536 yards - and that guy is still on the team.  Lazard is more a red zone guy anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Good because he certainly didn’t play like one last season 

He had 788 yds last season, how didn’t he?  

He’s going to have better receivers around him opening things up

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why does he go from WR1 to WR3?  Yes, he was a low-tier WR1 last season, but he was a WR2 most of his career.  Yes he only had 511 yards as WR2 in 2021, but that team went 13-4 and put up some points.  Since 2017, the Jets have had 2 receivers with more than 511 yards twice - 2019 with Anderson and Crowder both over 750 and last season with our WR2 having 536 yards - and that guy is still on the team.  Lazard is more a red zone guy anyway.

He was no a lw tier WR1 last season. How do you get that? He was behind that rook last year on a depletely squad making him defacto WR2. Again not a 1. Always second or 3rd fiddle to whoever on the depth chart. 

So we agree he is WR3 right?

• WTF? 1

23 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He was no a lw tier WR1 last season. How do you get that? He was behind that rook last year on a depletely squad making him defacto WR2. Again not a 1. Always second or 3rd fiddle to whoever on the depth chart. 

So we agree he is WR3 right?

I have no idea what you are going on about.  He had more catches and yards than "that rook last year."  He was second fiddle to Davante Adams.  I know that means he must suck.  He has basically played 4 years.  Last year he was first in yardage, In 2019 and 2021 he was WR2 behind Adams and in 2020 he was WR3 behind Adams and MVS.  Not sure where you did your math, but think what you want. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have no idea what you are going on about.  He had more catches and yards than "that rook last year."  He was second fiddle to Davante Adams.  I know that means he must suck.  He has basically played 4 years.  Last year he was first in yardage, In 2019 and 2021 he was WR2 behind Adams and in 2020 he was WR3 behind Adams and MVS.  Not sure where you did your math, but think what you want. 

you probably should have watched some green bay games or at least the box scores towards the end of the season, or any of the season. For you to not know that Watson the rookie over there was the number 1, well it just says you are not exactly working wiht all the available information.

MVS and others all over him in the pecking order because he is just a big body WR3 type. Nothing wrong with that by the way, but he is not a WR1 even when tasked to be due to injury and roster. Thats all Im saying. Not really alot to comprehend, not sure why you seem to be having a difficult time understanding that. 

Just look at his snaps, his targets and his production. 

It basically equates to him being our WR3 and good one. 

13 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you probably should have watched some green bay games or at least the box scores towards the end of the season, or any of the season. For you to not know that Watson the rookie over there was the number 1, well it just says you are not exactly working wiht all the available information.

MVS and others all over him in the pecking order because he is just a big body WR3 type. Nothing wrong with that by the way, but he is not a WR1 even when tasked to be due to injury and roster. Thats all Im saying. Not really alot to comprehend, not sure why you seem to be having a difficult time understanding that. 

Just look at his snaps, his targets and his production. 

It basically equates to him being our WR3 and good one. 

MVS wasn't over him in the pecking order.  In the three full seasons they played together and Lazard had more yards twice, more TDs twice and more catches all three seasons.  The "others all over him in the pecking order" consists of one man Davante Adams.  I don't have any trouble understanding anything. You're the one that apparently counts 1, 3, 4, 5,.  You say he isn't a #1 and then insist he is a #3.  I looked at his snaps, targets and production and he has been #2 or better in 3 of 4 years. You want to say Watson was #1?  Whatever. That still leaves him at #2.