Sean Payton taking shots at Hackett and Jets

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When he gave them grief for trying to buy a team and for wanting HK?  
What do the Jets have to do with Denver?  Why does he bring the Jets up at all?  

Nathaniel Hackett being the HC they fired in Denver, and he's now the Jets OC with Aaron Rodgers coming here. He isn't stupid, he knows the Jets play Denver week 5. He's trying to put the blame for Denver sucking last season mostly on Hackett. He's just motivating the Jets, and I see it backfiring on him week 5 when the Jets handle their business in Denver. No kneeldowns or handshakes after this game. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Nathaniel Hackett being the HC they fired in Denver, and he's now the Jets OC with Aaron Rodgers coming here. He isn't stupid, he knows the Jets play Denver week 5. He's trying to put the blame for Denver sucking last season mostly on Hackett. He's just motivating the Jets, and I see it backfiring on him week 5 when the Jets handle their business in Denver. No kneeldowns or handshakes after this game. 

That’s fine, he can complain Hackett was a bad HC.  Not a startling revelation.  Even forgetting he’s not the Jets HC.

Where he went off the tracks was complaining about how the Jets are doing their business.  Whining that the Jets are on HK as if it was their choice, complaing about building a dream team.  

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don’t get why he would want to rattle the Jets cage.  The Jets are the better team.  It wasn’t just winning the offseason, what an idiot.  It’s dumb making Rodgers even more motivated?  He should worry about his own team.  I agree he’s taking the blame off of Russ and putting it on Hackett. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s fine, he can complain Hackett was a bad HC.  Not a startling revelation.  Even forgetting he’s not the Jets HC.

Where he went off the tracks was complaining about how the Jets are doing their business.  Whining that the Jets are on HK as if it was their choice, complaing about building a dream team.  

I can't wait for next season to start. We'll get to see if Russell Wilson is going to start "cooking" in Denver with Sean Payton like he did in Seattle with Pete Carroll. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think it's all calculated - Denver had tons of hype last year, not quite "dream team" hype, but certainly media darlings.

@ the start of training camp, I think Payton is letting his team (and the organization) know that this year, it's back to basics and "we don't care about headlines" etc.

Also think a lot of this is about rebuilding Russ's confidence - "it wasn't his fault" - etc. 

I just don't see why we care, we're going to be good despite Hard Knocks and our superstar QB just gave us back $35M. 

9 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think it's all calculated - Denver had tons of hype last year, not quite "dream team" hype, but certainly media darlings.

@ the start of training camp, I think Payton is letting his team (and the organization) know that this year, it's back to basics and "we don't care about headlines" etc.

Also think a lot of this is about rebuilding Russ's confidence - "it wasn't his fault" - etc. 

I just don't see why we care, we're going to be good despite Hard Knocks and our superstar QB just gave us back $35M. 

That’s all fine but the Jets org has nothing to do with Russ and any confidence issue.  Jets on HK has nothing to do with Russ.  Hackett?  He’s not the Jets.  Payton’s going to have a hard time with Russ, he was as bad at his job as Hackett was as a HC

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I can't wait for next season to start. We'll get to see if Russell Wilson is going to start "cooking" in Denver with Sean Payton like he did in Seattle with Pete Carroll. 

Funny they were showing Wilson sitting over C and not calling for the snap until the last second and blaming Hackett.  But when he does get the ball he sails it over the receiver in the flat, worse than a Zack miss.  It wasn’t just Hack

• Upvote 1

I don't know how any Jets fan can defend nate Hackett

Besides being Paul's son, he really was terrible last year. He didn't call the plays when Rodgers won those mvp. Aaron loves him the same way kids love a babysitter that feeds them candy 

Nate Hackett is legitimately bad. Not an upgrade over MLF 

Payton is like walter in lebowski he's not wrong but he is an a$$hole 

And Billy Turner is done as a player 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s all fine but the Jets org has nothing to do with Russ and any confidence issue.  Jets on HK has nothing to do with Russ.  Hackett?  He’s not the Jets.  Payton’s going to have a hard time with Russ, he was as bad at his job as Hackett was as a HC

I think we're just this year's easy reference point or stand-in for the "hyped team".

And I agree, Russ is done. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Besides being Paul's son, he really was terrible last year. He didn't call the plays when Rodgers won those mvp. Aaron loves him the same way kids love a babysitter that feeds them candy 

He’s not the HC here.  Rodger won’t need a scape goat like Russ needs.  
Using what he did as a HC to compare him to MLF as an OC is pointless.  What has MLF done as an OC?  Who in their right mind will defend him? 

Dumbest complaint is he sucks because he’s Paul’s son.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Herm Edwards of Al people just like never seen a coach do this. You don't do this. Blast the ex coach.

Yeah pretty much everyone things it was dumb

Thing is Sean Peyton has done a whole lot of losing with our drew Brees. And I don't think Hackett is the only reason den didn't have a good season.

Brah. The QB sucked! He was playing like Zach Wilson. No coach was going to do good in Denver.

• Upvote 2

i am incredibly triggered by the Payton fan club coming out of every hole on twitter with the "Payton doesn't do anything without intention" takes. what does that even mean? the guy threw a fellow coach on the train tracks...even if it was to make his over the hill QB feel better. It's just so gross all around.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's un-American to tie Nate's failure to his father's failure.   He deserves to be labelled a failure based soley on his body of work.  

14 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i am incredibly triggered by the Payton fan club coming out of every hole on twitter with the "Payton doesn't do anything without intention" takes. what does that even mean? the guy threw a fellow coach on the train tracks...even if it was to make his over the hill QB feel better. It's just so gross all around.

I live in Denver.

I think Russ is done, but I can't deny that Hackett was absolutely terrible here.

Payton has to go full Oppenheimer on the culture. He probably got a bit carried away bringing our team into it, but I just don't see the criticism of Hackett's tenure here as anything but factual.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Dumbest complaint is he sucks because he’s Paul’s son.  

When a prospect has a father who was a player it's a good thing. 

Notre Dame tackle Joe alt is the son of Kansas city lineman John alt. That's legacy, genetics and also what the kid learned 

Meanwhile Both Hackett are terrible coaches. Father and son both bad 

16 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

The responses are too orchestrated to be anything other than after the fact spin. Honestly, Payton’s quotes sound more like he had a few too many and started spouting off than some kind of grand plan.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I live in Denver.

I think Russ is done, but I can't deny that Hackett was absolutely terrible here.

Payton has to go full Oppenheimer on the culture. He probably got a bit carried away bringing our team into it, but I just don't see the criticism of Hackett's tenure here as anything but factual.

i get that, but there are things you don't say. maybe Payton has reached a point in his life where he just says whatever he wants, but coaching is a fraternity and what he did was low-brow garbage.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

The responses are too orchestrated to be anything other than after the fact spin. Honestly, Payton’s quotes sound more like he had a few too many and started spouting off than some kind of grand plan.

you missed one lol

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I live in Denver.

It is remarkable how good Russ was in Seattle and how inept he looked most of last season.

To what extent does a HC / OC even have the ability to make a "great" player look like a complete JAG?

In soccer or basketball, nobody would buy this as an excuse.

Unrelated but: I was at the Denver game and can say this:  Zach Wilson should never play another down for the NYJ.  Brett Rypien was the better QB that day.  Wilson was wild and lost, pancking at the slightest whiff of pressure, the entire day.  Best thing he did was hand the ball off to Breece for a 60+ yard TD.

12 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It is remarkable how good Russ was in Seattle and how inept he looked most of last season.

To what extent does a HC / OC even have the ability to make a "great" player look like a complete JAG?

In soccer or basketball, nobody would buy this as an excuse.

Unrelated but: I was at the Denver game and can say this:  Zach Wilson should never play another down for the NYJ.  Brett Rypien was the better QB that day.  Wilson was wild and lost, pancking at the slightest whiff of pressure, the entire day.  Best thing he did was hand the ball off to Breece for a 60+ yard TD.

Russ came up in seattle, he grew there, he knew how things worked.

Russ was never the guy you "put in any system" and certainly not that guy after his head blew up.

On 7/27/2023 at 9:46 AM, Zachtomims47 said:

Jets play Broncos week 5. Buckle up. 

Funny

Wilson was missing wide open receivers last year- not sure how that is Hacketts fault.   If Wilson doesnt have a great year this year, what is Payton going to say?    

That he was horribly coached?

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

i get that, but there are things you don't say. maybe Payton has reached a point in his life where he just says whatever he wants, but coaching is a fraternity and what he did was low-brow garbage.

Herm Edwards was just on TV and said exactly this.   “Really disappointed”.   “ Serves no one”.   “ Gave the Jets bulletin board material”.    

I really want to see the Jets blow them out in front of their fans now.