### Game Day 2023 HOF Game Thread ###

Maxman

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So you think it’s a given that if Rodgers gets injured Wilson plays? Wilson will be the “backup” for optics but if Rodgers misses real time (especially if the team is in the hunt) I wouldn't be shocked at all if Boyle played.

I think Wilson would be the guy until he loses the job. Of course, that could happen very quickly . . . 

• Upvote 2

Any injury to anybody important - anybody who has any shot at playing major snaps 
I’d include the backup QB in that. And he did the same thing last year. The third string QB got the vast majority of the drives 
This does seem to be Saleh's way. Is it September yet ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I gotta suffer through watching the first Q again to see who was on the field.

Yeah, what was concerning was independent of who was on the field with him. The weird scramble to nowhere, the off-target passes, the glacial pace of his processing. It’s gotta look better than it is. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Good think you are not the HC ...

There is right now nothing in his career right up until tonight that suggests Zach Wilson is even a competent NFL starter. But for his contract White would probably still be here. Go back and watch the Lions game from last December. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JohnnyLV said:

Just let it go. It's  a preseason game go bitch to your dog about how you hate Zach. Same losers ruin every game thread

We can’t talk about Wilson! Second pick in the draft but don’t you dare talk about him! Place has become ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I think Wilson would be the guy until he loses the job. Of course, that could happen very quickly . . . 
It's about consistency for Zachyboy .. if he can string some solid football together when he gets the ops .. he'll be fine.

Just now, Dunnie said:

This does seem to be Saleh's way. Is it September yet ?

I mentioned this a few weeks back when folks started counting down the days to preseason - he’s talked about it every summer. 

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Were we really expecting some kind of big leap? The kid can’t play.

Given how much grief @Larz was giving me the last 2 weeks about how I was gonna end up “eating crow”, yes, I’d say there were several here who were expecting exactly this lol.

• Haha 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Yeah, what was concerning was independent of who was on the field with him. The weird scramble to nowhere, the off-target passes, the glacial pace of his processing. It’s gotta look better than it is. 

Collinsworth trying to praise his improved processing on that hideous third down scramble to nowhere was embarrassing.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So you think it’s a given that if Rodgers gets injured Wilson plays? Wilson will be the “backup” for optics but if Rodgers misses real time (especially if the team is in the hunt) I wouldn't be shocked at all if Boyle played.

Isn’t Boyle a Hack guy ?  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Given how much grief @Larz was giving me the last 2 weeks about how I was gonna end up “eating crow”, yes, I’d say there were several here who were expecting exactly this lol.

Yeah if you want to play the game that Wilson has improved then he has to play in the games and throw more than 5 passes. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bugg said:

There is right now nothing in his career right up until tonight that suggests Zach Wilson is even a competent NFL starter. But for his contract White would probably still be here. Go back and watch the Lions game from last December. 

But there he had his contract. If not for the Jets losing - they would be winners. White isn't here. The other guys are not even QB #2 - so do the Jets have the money or the opportunity to find a true #2. I doubt it. it is what it is...

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the 56 yard pass doesn’t count?