Jets Panthers game day thread..... Beautiful downtown Charlotte NC

10 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

This is the part that will always hold him back I believe….

Yeah, I could see it be an issue for a rookie or even second year guy, but by now he needs to be better.  At least he ended his day on a good note.  

I'll probably actually go do some work instead of watching Tim Boyle trying to hit people sitting on the bench.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Granted it is just preseason, but the D looks legit. ZW looks much improved, but it is hard to get too excited considering who he is playing against. OL looks like crap. We will need to do a lot of misdirection to protect the QB.

6.15 YPA is “much improved” for Zach?

Ok maybe for his standards.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Nice half for Zach. He's getting the ball out noticeably faster.

Progress.

I think it is fair to say that ZW has looks much better this year. Does that mean he will be a successful starter some day? No, but ZW could have not improved or regressed - he has clearly worked hard to improve. Sure it is against #2/#3 defense, but more of a reason for him to show improvement - all you can really ask.

Hate him or love to hate him. The best thing he could do is improve and he clearly has. Is it enough, hard to tell. Will he look improved against real defenses? it is also hard to tell.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

6.15 YPA is “much improved” for Zach?

Ok maybe for his standards.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Took him forever to see a wide open Yeboah and make the throw.

Even his TDs are unimpressive.

I'll have you know, I am very offended by these comments.

image.png.7c2a39efd772578bfcf611338e016e42.png

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hal said:

Boring boring normal preseason football.  Maybe pump the brakes “zAcH Iz nOt a qB 2” guys lol.  

01CAC0AA-60C6-4BA3-9F1F-F1520A37834D.jpeg

well the the hope (by me anyway) was he plays lights out and shows he is deserving of a starting gig somewhere.  He is not getting 2nd contract in NY so our best hope is he plays well enough for some team to take a chance on him.

That is the part that is not looking to promising - this season anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I think it is fair to say that ZW has looks much better this year. Does that mean he will be a successful starter some day? No, but ZW could have not improved or regressed - he has clearly worked hard to improve. Sure it is against #2/#3 defense, but more of a reason for him to show improvement - all you can really ask.

Hate him or love to hate him. The best thing he could do is improve and he clearly has. Is it enough, hard to tell. Will he look improved against real defenses? it is also hard to tell.

A completely reasonable assessment of where ZW is at this point.

Duck.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Hal said:

Boring boring normal preseason football.  Maybe pump the brakes “zAcH Iz nOt a qB 2” guys lol.  

01CAC0AA-60C6-4BA3-9F1F-F1520A37834D.jpeg

oh the numbers look fine but if you watched the game it wasnt anything to get excited over.

he didnt complete a pass over 10 yards. yeah in a preseason game he can get away with that but when its for real they will take that short pass away like they did last year. 

being 0 for whatever over 10 yards sucks. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I think it’ll be important to find a handful of remedial plays that he can run in case of Rodgers missing a game or two.

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Here’s the question:

Do we really need Carl Lawson, JFM, JJ, Huff, McDonald, and Clemons? 

Lawson, JFM and Huff can pobably get a nice return in a trade

This is an excellent question and I guarantee teams are looking at Huff as tradeable.  He is an elite edge rusher on a per rush basis and is on a reasonable one year contract.

The counter argument though is that  keeping all of them allows us to bring McDonald along slowly.  I get that people want instant results from these first rounders but these guys go through a full college season, then traveling to meet teams while prepping for the combine, then OTA, then TC and essentially double their college season all in one year.  Its a lot on their bodies and I really think bringing guys along slowly is really important for their long term development and health.  

It would be interesting to see if there is a team that has a rookie OT that is doing well and could swap out a veteran OT for pass rush help - could be an interesting scenario for sure.

• Upvote 1