NY Jets Sign Dalvin Cook

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I was thinking about this, and I'm not sure MC is > Cook as a receiver.

Just looking at numbers:

Cook averaged 42 catches/year the past 5 seasons (excludes his rookie year where he only played 4 games and had 1 catches).  He averaged a 77% target-to-catch rate.  He averaged 8.1 YPC out of the backfield.  He averaged 5.25 drops/year over that time.

Carter averaged 38 catches/year his first two years.  He averaged a 70% target-to-catch rate.  He averaged 7.9 YPC out of the backfield.  He averaged 3 drops/year over that time.

Looking at that, nut sure I see "worthless" and "worthwhile" from the two backs, respectively, as clearly as you may.

I've mostly head Cook described as "an every down back", so he may see action more on 3rd than we think, and Carter less.

I could see a world where Cook/Hall/Izzy are the three rostered HB's if Hall is in fact on track, health wise, and Carter is put on the P.S. as insurance only, with Bam cut.  Not sure Carter is good enough to blow an active roster spot on given we have other very deep positions we may want to retain guys for the future.  I don't think Carter has a long future in NY regardless. 

You can’t use factual information to combat ignorance. 

6 minutes ago, jetboy94 said:

You do realize that those allegations were proven to be false, right? The woman flat out lied. 

The dog thing, he chained a dog to a lightpole bro. I'm not saying I would do that and I'm not saying it's okay but my god, you talk like he murdered little puppies and then posted a video of it on YouTube. 

Do research before it start blasting people based on your perceived view of their character. 

Don't be shy about using your actual account.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

1. Carter sucked last year
2. Bam mostly sucked by the end of the year
3. The only RB we had that didn't suck is. coming off an ACL

4. And a rookie

Why is this a bad move?

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

Exactly. Money is more than I think he’s worth at this stage. But heck…. It’s not my money and we have the cap space. So who cares.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ol' 80 may be many things, ignorant isn't one of them IMO, lol. 

I'm sure he has a reason for his viewpoint, but I thought the numbers were enlightening.

The number of people who want to pick a fight with math around always astounds me

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m not sure this has anything to do with Hall being ready. Other than @Joe W. Namathmosr of us felt very good chance that bring him back slow. I think it’s about allowing Breece to come back at exactly the pace he needs to. Not that he’s necessarily progressing the way they hoped. 

Screenshot_20230615_124847_NYPost.thumb.jpg.46a2ce3db3a9fe7f8d94d1c58ffe9ba4.jpg

"Rodgers will start against the Bucs."

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

1. Carter sucked last year
2. Bam mostly sucked by the end of the year
3. The only RB we had that didn't suck is. coming off an ACL

4. And a rookie

Why is this a bad move?

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

Because he was “accused” of doing bad things and we gave him too much of Aaron’s money and we shouldn’t be thinking of our football team and winning games. We should be making sure every guy on the team is morally perfect and has done nothing wrong in his lifetime, before we decide to sign him to a 1 year deal with our HOF QBs money, likely by his request. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I appreciate that my friend.  I'll ignore the insult.

Not a replacement, but an additional court.  That being the Court of public opinion.  Not every sin requires a conviction for it's legitimacy.

As I noted previously, if not for your "emotions are dumb" post I doubt I would even have touched on this one.

And at this point, I'm only responding on it when you quote me to call me dumb (which, I'm confident, you know I'm not, lol).  I've said my peace, I'm happy to agree where we agree (I think we both agree on his signing) and agree to disagree otherwise (the role of personal judgement when choosing to engage in entertainment products).

I want to be like you when I grow up.

26 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I didn't read the whole thread but my impression is that this is a stupid move:

1. $7m for a guy who while dynamic has ball security issues.

2.  This makes what was already a very difficult cut down day even more difficult.

3. Roster wise this feels like subtraction by addition.

I really really really hope I got this all wrong.  Go Jets!

I doubt it ends up costing anything close to 7M. But I don't love this move at all.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

A little humility and compassion go a long way.

But hey, be king of the message boards.

Welcome to JetNation. Where being right makes you a villain. I get as good as I give. No one needs your white knighting for them.