Game Observations (BUF)

KRL

45 minutes ago, KRL said:

- I'm going to be completely honest, with Zach Wilson back as starter my best hope for this
team is competing for a playoff spot.  Wilson has to improve or someone else (Tim Boyle?)
has to show competency from the position for me to hope for anything more.

With Zach Wilson as our QB for the rest of the season, I predict an 8-9 record for the Jets.

If the Jets can get a decent game manager as QB, I think no doubt the Jets can win 11 or 12 games this year.   The question is; "Who?"

Next week no matter what the Jets do in the meantime, will be Zach.  It will be interesting to see if he can do anything more than he has done.  With Zach against the Dallas Defense, I predict the Jets will score 9 points.  Maybe the defense can score a couple of touchdowns? In any case, safe to bet on the Cowboys next week.  I could never bet against the Jets, but to me, it's easy money if we got to go with Zach.

15 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

A+ on Special Teams

A on Defense

B on Offense

When you say "B" on offense,  do you mean B for Bad?    Because the Jets on offense did not score a B.  

I would give the Jets a D for offense.  And that's only because Zach only threw 1 interception.  He could have gotten an F if he threw more interceptions.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Alka said:

When you say "B" on offense,  do you mean B for Bad?    Because the Jets on offense did not score a B.  

I would give the Jets a D for offense.  And that's only because Zach only threw 1 interception.  He could have gotten an F if he threw more interceptions.

170 yards running. TD pass. Decent reception distribution. A win. Yes, a "B".

• Upvote 2

ST was incredible obviously. Punt return to win the game. Great pints and lights out on FGs. Even almost blocked a punt.

Defense to me looked shaky for our standard the 1st half. Sauce had an awful game. Was pretty much getting worked by Diggs and Allen. Hopefully that hurt his ego and he bounces back. But the 2nd half defense was way better. Seemed motivated and winning in most phases.

Offense wasn’t impressive at all. Which was expected once Wilson went in. Few big plays by Hall was what had us even in the game. We’re going to have to have the best rushing attack in the league if we want to be a playoff team. Wilson only had about 5 good passes all game. We need to feature GW more.

Where was Hardman?  I think I saw him on the field once - the last kick return with 6 seconds left in the game.  Need to get him involved - my concern with the WR group seems to be valid.

stop running the ball left - brown and Tomlinson are awful.  Run behind your studs in AVT and Becton, that’s where all their success was last night.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

An F?

Wilson played within himself, completed close to 70%, converted on 3rd and long with a bullet of a throw, led a long TD drive, had a bad pick, all against one of the Top D's in the league.

Wilson is Buffalo's QB last night, guess what?  They win.  Jeez, so much Hate for this kid, at least give him C-.

Excellent point!!!  Wilson hasn't earned "love" but Allen is an MVP caliber QB and he was a trainwreck last night

• Upvote 2

Such a weird game, especially the way it started with Rodgers going down.

The Jets D is just insane. Quick, nasty, fly to the ball, know how good they are. I'm fascinated to see your D and Dallas' D in the same game. That one will be a dog fight.

Allen went to pieces. So strange to see what's happened to him. Ever since the KC game last season where he was brilliant.

Bills fans are going nuts as you would imagine, even worse than Cincy fans on Sunday. Anyway, you can't overreact to week 1 but it's safe to say this isn't a SB calibre team by any stretch. If we lose to Jimmy G the s**t will really start to fly

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Are we playing the "if" game?  What if he DIDN'T throw that interception?

Wilson did what he was asked to do and, like or not, was the best playing QB on the field last night.  After the shock of the Rodgers injury, the Jets regrouped at halftime and Wilson had 1 TD, 0 INT in the 2nd Half.

Screenshot2023-09-12080626.thumb.png.5abb99f7e80b781f943caff733a11abf.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Running for 175 yards is still offense right? 

Yes.

My point is that it will become nigh impossible to do that once teams start game-planning knowing that we can't pass and run is our only option.

The Bills went into the game thinking we would pass with Rodgers and gameplanned for that.

If the Bills gameplanned for Zach Wilson, very little chance we win yesterday.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1