NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

The New York Jets take on the Dallas Cowboys today. After a huge week one win over the Buffalo Bills, Zach Wilson will lead the team. 

We need to see lots of Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook. Zach needs to avoid turnovers and huge sack for losses. Stay in the pocket and make plays, quickly, against a dominant pass rush.

Aaron hopes to come back in the playoffs. This defense needs to make a statement and lead the team there.

With Rodgers out, it is Rocky III Time. Apollo is training Rocky. Eye of the Tiger. 

Breaking out Rocky 3 in Week 2?!?!?

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

I’m a huge believer in this roster and coaching staff overall, but not the QB. Not sure what to expect today - I could see this one going either way. Dallas hasn’t beaten the Jets in a long time and they do have a tendency to drop these exact types of games.

Let’s go Jets!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

It pains me we are here, but we are rolling with Zach and all I can do is hope that all this growth and strides he's made over the summer and into camp and preseason come to fruition.  This defense is championship caliber and might be the very best in football right now.   People are sleeping.   We will force Dak into mistakes and if Zach can limit the mistakes, we win this game today 20- 12. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I know Dallas defense is very good but i do not believe they are the game wreckers many credit them as being. Last week was as much about the giants as the cowboys. I feel very good about the jets chances. The jets will be able to run on Dallas, zach will not make any game changing mistakes and will make a few impressive throws (and just enough bad ones to fuel his haters) and use his legs to get a couple of first downs, and Q2 (that’s what I’m calling Quincy now) will make a jarring hit that causes a fumble.

I don’t understand how people can have any confidence what so ever in this game or really any of the next 5 games.

The season is over. Our defense is good but will not cause 4 turn overs every game. We won’t cause any most of the time and will loose the turnover battle consistently and zach simply cannnot lead Td leading drives.

Canes will look like the score is close for a while but everyone will know that eventually the defense will break.

Look at the Bills game, the defense ALWAYS allows the other team to score at the end of the half and end of the game

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 6

29 minutes ago, VinnieTheJet1980 said:

It pains me we are here, but we are rolling with Zach and all I can do is hope that all this growth and strides he's made over the summer and into camp and preseason come to fruition.  This defense is championship caliber and might be the very best in football right now.   People are sleeping.   We will force Dak into mistakes and if Zach can limit the mistakes, we win this game today 20- 12. 

Yup, but I don’t see this game going over 28 points.,13-12. We win on a terrifying field goal by a kicker, that most of us, definitely  me, don’t know his name! 

1 hour ago, Jetworks said:

That's the worst possible plan for a team who's QB has a horrendous QBR against pressure, going up against a beyond-elite pass rusher. Jets have a a top flight rushing attack, and an (at least) opponent equal defense. Play to your strengths, attack opponents weaknesses. Pretty basic stuff. 

It's something that we pick and chose when to do. At the start of the game, it's something nobody would be expecting.. Let Wilson look over the field and hit the open target. That's basic stuff. Especially when a team wouldn't be expecting it. A little risky. We can't baby Zach, any more. It's his third year. Time to grow up.

• Upvote 1

I see it this way without hindsight, of course. 

We know both teams can play defense.   We know both teams have skill on offense.

What it will come down to is Dak and Zack.

I don' mean to say "which one will play a good game"

More like this...

Which one will screw up worse than the other.

There is "THE BARON'S KEY (singular) to the game"

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

The New York Jets take on the Dallas Cowboys today. After a huge week one win over the Buffalo Bills, Zach Wilson will lead the team. 

We need to see lots of Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook. Zach needs to avoid turnovers and huge sack for losses. Stay in the pocket and make plays, quickly, against a dominant pass rush.

Aaron hopes to come back in the playoffs. This defense needs to make a statement and lead the team there.

With Rodgers out, it is Rocky III Time. Apollo is training Rocky. Eye of the Tiger. 

THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!!!

image.gif

This is kind of a make or break week for ZW. With fans teammates there isn't going to be a lot of leeway for him if he's terrible and has an NEP type of performance. Dallas will be keying on the running game and challenging Zach to throw more esp shorter routes which he isn't accurate consistently on. So I'd like to see the Jets challenge them on this and let Zach throw the ball esp in the first half. That could open up the running game instead of the usual running game opens up the passing game. I think this is a very tough game esp in Dallas even if AR was starting. If the Jets are ultra conservative with Zach they will probably lose the game and only score his typical under 20. Unlike some fans I don't think Zach is terrible and non NFL. The Jets will need a good TOP today to allow the defense to take better control of the game.  But I think the Jets will go conservative today a lot of 3 and outs negative TOP so Dallas 27 Jets 13. 

This is the game that’ll set the tone for the rest of the season.

im not saying we have to win or it’s over. Rather, I’m saying “how” we come out n the field and “how” we handle accountability post-game matters here.

If it’s a great D performance undermined by sh*tty Zach, and the HC does his usual thing where everyone is accountable except Zach, then we’re done. The only thing that prevented Saleh from losing the team last year was the glimmer of hope that Mike White offered. If he continues to make excuses for Zach, then there’s no future here.

I’m very hopeful, despite historical evidence that Zach will fail and Saleh will handle it wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

48 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If they can get in Daks head early they can keep it close. If the Jets are down 10 early then it’s over. I have zero confidence in Wilson.

Agree , and the problem with keeping it close and stealing it is we have no kicker . 

• Upvote 1