Rodgers: Jets fans are too negative

dbatesman

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Every week I tell myself that I’ve just gotta live long enough to see Aaron’s return.  That’s it.  Just don’t die from now until next year.

I’ve legit been doing the same.

but there is a growing part of me that is thinking - what does AR at 40 coming off a torn Achilles look like? How close can he be to the player he once was? 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

AR could certainly express a bit of empathy for Jets fans, but I’m not bothered by the fact that he hasn’t in these interviews. 
Obviously we’re all frustrated by the fact that the hopes for the season very likely ended in the opening moments of game 1.  Everyone connected with the  team (coaches, players, GM) are potential targets for criticism..much of it legit..especially with regard to the play of our QB.  
Rodgers, however, is not on my list of targets.  

I feel love for Rodgers simply because he was willing to come here. (When his name popped up at the end of last season - I openly mocked the idea that he ever would) 

I think coming to a team with a history like the jets willingly takes some balls and I definitely think he bought into being a Jet and I definitely appreciate that. 

having said that, until he actually plays for us and shows that he is still an upper echelon QB, the trade looks like an unmitigated disaster. A growing part of me is concerned that he’ll look washed when he returns. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Maybe if Namath wasn't so busy setting up a bar for Reputed Organized Crime Figures (the Batchelor Four Lounge) he would have gotten the Jets more than one appearance in the Super Bowl.

Maybe you don't like it LI Jet Fan but that is a fact.

NFL Commissioner at the time Pete Rozelle publicly admonished Namath and threatened to throw him out of the NFL if he didn't divest himself of the "project"

He’s 10000% correct.  We all are disappointed and sick of losing.

As a whole, we are one of the absolute most unhinged fan bases on the planet.….just peruse this board a bit.  I mean we’re the only fan base that ENJOYS when sports radio guys blast our team.  That’s weird.

That said, I love all you unhinged weirdos.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The guy made a 35 million dollars bonus for 4 snaps 

With another 35 coming next year 

Thanks dude really appreciate it 

He gave up $41MM of his guaranteed contract to come here.  Not his fault it fell apart.

He is right.  No matter what, a team has to stay together.  If the clubhouse fractures, it will get a lot worse.

Not sure I agree the fan base is negative.  Fans pour into the stadium and cheer like lunatics.  He can't understand what it's like to deal with 13 years of incompetence.  I mean, how many times has Aaron faced a game like we saw on Sunday?  We had 39 yards offense in the first half and the team looked completely overmatched from start to finish for the second week in a row.

You can't beat a 9 man box with only a running game and short passing game.  They do not seem to have an answer and their answer is keep doing the same thing.

27 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

He gave up $41MM of his guaranteed contract to come here.  Not his fault it fell apart.

it kinda is tho

why did he say sorry to Garrett Wilson? 

Arod getting hurt let down the whole franchise 

It's his fault for thinking he can still play at his age and it's the Jets' fault for enabling that fantasy 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it kinda is tho

why did he say sorry to Garrett Wilson? 

Arod getting hurt let down the whole franchise 

It's his fault for thinking he can still play at his age and it's the Jets' fault for enabling that fantasy 

he said sorry to GW because he know that GW is now stuck with Zack Wilson 

Rodgers has missed 1 game in the last 6 years 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

He's a mercenary duche bag who ripped the team he played for that paid him 450 million dollars to do it.  There is no NY Jets without Joe Namath.  He can go f himself.  Favre was sending dick pics when he played for the Jets and actually outplayed Rodgers and his positive vibes for the NY Jets.  

Namath is a God.  Rodgers is a fraud.  

Namath is closer to the Devil then he is a god.

He sold his soul.

Aaron needs to sit down. He’s culpable for part if this mess, as he clearly had influence in this sh*t roster. 

He’s been a Jet for fewer months than most of us years as fans. He should practice done empathy for the fans, not chastise them.

Eff this guy, tbh

You want to be a weirdo and lie about vaccines? Fine. No judgement from us. Do your job.

We want to be irate and heartbroken? Fine. Stay out of it.

4 hours ago, JetPotato said:

If the people around Zach really care about him, they'll talk to him about considering a different career entirely. It's the best thing for his physical and mental health. Period.

Do you have any idea how stupid what you just wrote is?
Zach Wilson is making tens of millions to suck at his job, and you’re saying those who are close to him should advice him to choose a new career.

Where else is he going to sniff $30 million in his life Mr. Potato Head.