Props to Wilson

Ghost

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah like I already said, I’m not saying here’s there and arrived, nor did I say he played great…just good…its okay if you feel different.

I’m gonna go enjoy the win because next week might be a bloodfest.

Who said I am not enjoying the win. I feel great about it but I recognize  our QB still sucks. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I really have no idea why you are bringing that up. That was a horrible call. This wasn't  a horrible call and it wasn't  a PI. 

It's the inconsistency of the NFL if the Sauce play is a penalty then so is the play by Surtain. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Who said I am not enjoying the win. I feel great about it but I recognize  our QB still sucks. 

+1

I'm enjoying how special Breece Hall is tonight.  Watching him run is a thing of beauty.

And I'm enjoying how the Jets D utterly poop-stomped Denver in the second half with a legit performance.  The D accounted for almost half our points today.  The Safety, the turnover that led to a FG (well, that was Specials I guess) and the game-ending fumble7.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Good lord this is like the Sanchez years again.

Glad you saw the light.  Last season I recall you calling the folks complaining about QB play when the team was 5-2 “lame” or whatever.

It’s a travesty any time a loaded roster gets derailed purely by putrid QB play.  No one should be happy right now.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The issue is that years of abysmal QB play has made us Jets fans consider throws like this as "clutch" or "great".  This is just a normal throw with a clean pocket to a wide open target.  QBs across the league do this constantly every game, every week.  Zach Wilson does not.  He checked it down and through to quick outs so much today throws like this seemed "clutch".  Good job by him here, but he should do this much more and he simply does not.  

Tuning into the niners game.  This is Mr. Irrelevant.  Has Zach Wilson ever once done something like this in the NFL?  It's not that crazy, just a QB keeping his eyes down the field.  Even Mike White has done something like this.  Maybe his first TD in Carolina?  I don't honestly know.

trying to be positive

image.thumb.jpeg.9f571b8e8a7e925e3199dd4ad11d809e.jpeg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He's not our backup. If he was I wouldn't care. He is your starter for the remainder of the season.  I doubt  TS ever plays. 

Hes a backup QB, he was not meant to be our starter this year, that would be HOFer Aaron Rodgers. I am sure if TS played he would be amazing and he would show us how great a backup QB really could be, amiright?

• Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

2 hours ago, Xtina said:

If only he had played this way his first or even second year. If this were Zach’s first or even second year this would be very promising. A third year QB should not be throwing that interception. This is a very slow learning curve. 

What's your opinion of Geno Smith?

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

It’s hard to support a QB who can’t score TD’s …. A decent QB puts up 50 today. Denver stinks 

Did you see Garrett Wilson have major separation on Patrick Surtain? Surtain gave up 12 yards all day. It’s not always on Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Zach Wilson continues to be a liability.

I'm not seeing much mention of ball security. He easily could have lost three fumbles today if the ball takes a different bounce.

The miss to Garrett Wilson streaking down the left sideline was brutal. Second time in two weeks Garrett was robbed of a TD while wide open running down the sideline.

The interception at the end of the fourth quarter is on him. It was a decent throw, but if he had any situational awareness, he would know you can't make that throw unless it's 100% open. The Jets needed to come away with points on that drive, and Zach's bone headed decision easily could have lost them the game.

I'm not even going to go into the debacle with time management at the end of the first half. Unacceptable. Again, a critical three points lost.

Every single QB has turnovers. Do you watch every QBs throw every Sunday? You look at the stat sheet and they do not show the dropped interceptions or the recovered fumbles. Give the guy credit for getting better and for the record, I wanted Wilson gone just two weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Hes a backup QB, he was not meant to be our starter this year, that would be HOFer Aaron Rodgers. I am sure if TS played he would be amazing and he would show us how great a backup QB really could be, amiright?

Wilson would be a backup if there was another QB ahead of him that could play. There is not. 

17 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

What's a bad call though, that's my issue. One week a slight grab gets a flag this week it doesn't. Most weeks a Qb getting hit in the face is a penalty unless of course it's a Jets qb. If the calls were more consistent I could live with it. 

It's  been like this for years. It part of the game. 

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

thats not on Wilson, and it doesnt change the fact that hes the backup QB and is not on this roster to be the starter

Ok, is AR on the game day roster? No, he isn't.  Zach is the starter. I don't  care if it wasn't  planned. What wasn't  planned is to have someone backup Rogers not named Zach Wilson. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Every single QB has turnovers. Do you watch every QBs throw every Sunday? You look at the stat sheet and they do not show the dropped interceptions or the recovered fumbles. Give the guy credit for getting better and for the record, I wanted Wilson gone just two weeks ago. 

The "getting better" part is a bit of a head scratcher for me. He's the same old Zach making the same frustrating plays as always with a flash of a good play or two every game.

All of the arguments being made in his favor right now are exactly the same that were being made for him during the win streak in the first half of the 2022 season. It's not sustainable. The team is winning in spite of him. Defense, special teams, and the run game are the primary factors in the Jets two wins so far this season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Two steps forward, one step back.

He did enough today.  The INT was a tough one, but he made a few big, key throws today.

The biggest problem was the end of the 1st half.  Saleh in post game making it sound like the whole situation needs to be improved.  Maybe 75% on Zach, 25% even calling that kind of play (coaches).

Agree with the bold.  Regarding the non-bold stuff, I blame the play calling on the play before the half.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

People deeply underestimating how much time, energy, and how many wasted resources are going into propping Zach Wilson up right now. 

When you compare this ZW to the one from the Patriots and Jax games last year, he's miles better.  Last year he couldn't do anything.  He was an absolute MESS.  This year his bad game is 19/26 for 199 yards.  And he didn't play as well as those stats might indicate, he was still able to make some plays for us (including a big 3rd down pass late in the 4th quarter).  I'll admit that his game overall today was a disappointment to me (I was hoping ZW had turned the corner) but I still think he's showing signs that he can be contribute to victories rather than having to just be schemed around so they can hide him.  

image.png.bf32ecdea74708192ebdf7f0dd96c3af.png

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Zach doesn’t pull the trigger. Combination of a few things, doesn’t see the field well, afraid to make a mistake and not able to read the coverage. The plays arent designed for the check down he is always taking. 

Zach’s been better, but still nowhere near what you want from QB1 on a contending team. 

Reminder that Zach is our QB2.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

He's getting better .. slowly .. but consistently.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Agreed but for a 3rd year man you have to add VERY slowly.  His throws were a lot more accurate last week.  His pocket presence is much better this year.  During his post game presser he FOR THE FIRST TIME sounded like he knows what he is talking about.  He's maturing before my eyes.    

If his play this game is his new floor, I think we can live with that this year.  After all, post bye our schedule is supposed to be softer.  Go Jets! :)    

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1